Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

I lost my uterus several (5 in September) years ago, due to endometrial cancer---the uterine lining. I actually suffered through the hormonal changes long before the surgery, due to the endometriosis. The surgery was not a big deal, I recovered quickly, and it is a total toss up which I would choose if I could only have one.....the hysterectomy or the band. They both made HUGE, impactive improvements on my life.

So in my opinion, if ever there is reason for it to go.....let it!! LOL, without a reason to remove it, I agree, keep it----but I had no problem getting rid of it all, and don't miss anything about it! LOL. I have heard women say they feel less like a woman----sorry but hemmoraghing all over the bed every time I turned around did not define me as a woman!!!

And thanks to the TT--I have my womanly shape back as opposed to the Michelin Tire man shape!!!

Kat

Hi ladies,

Becky - glad to see your back in your 10s. Don't get used to them because I bet 8s are on the way very soon!!

Frangi - Hope your trip home went smoothly. Remember, whenever you wear that outfit we want a pic!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm back home!!! The trip back went very well, two flights, no delays. The only downside was that I ended up handling my heavy luggage WAY more than I should have -- I hope I didn't do any damage to my newly repaired muscles, but I never felt any pain or strain, so hopefully everything is okay. The trip did take a bit more out of me than I thought it would and I am quite fatigued right now. I will definitely be taking a little nap very soon.

It's good to be home. The weather is really nice here -- so different from Miami. Perfect temps and breezes today, just lovely.........

Whoa! The house is trashed!!!! But I can't tell DH this because he was beaming with pride at how nicely he kept the house while I was gone. So I had to be a good actress and coo about how great everything looked (NOT :thumbs_up:). The minute he left to go back to work, the broom and the cleaning supplies came out!!! I have my work cut out for me the next few days -- for sure!!!

Stepped on the scale and good news -- nine pounds gone!!!! I had no idea whether I would show a loss or not. The Dr. removed only 4 pounds during surgery and I figured the swelling could potentially add that much -- so I was fairly surprised to see such a dramatic movement. However, the Dr. did tell me that the recovery period from surgery will turbo-charge your metabolism because all of your body's engery goes into healing itself.

Kat! Great to hear from you -- how are you doing?

Well, I will check back in later. I'm going to take that little nap I talked about and then try to make some sort of a dent in this house.....

Have a great day :thumbs_up::smile::w00t:!!!

Welcome Home Frangi. Thank goodness for on time flights. I hate that you had to mess with your luggage, but if you felt no discomfort I'm sure you are ok. You are a strong woman!

I had to laugh about your house. I know my husband's standards are far lower than mine. You've been gone for two weeks and he probably devoted 15 minutes to cleaning right before he left the house this morning. That's what mine would have done. Good for you acting like he'd done a fine job. It wouldn't have changed a thing if you'd thrown a fit and you'd still have to clean it yourself.

Great news on the scale. I know you must be looking fabulous and feeling so victorious.

Kat, glad to see you checking in. I've been wondering about you. Are you feeling good as new now?

I was out shopping and running errands for several hours this morning and I'm swollen big time again. My doctor told me that the swelling can last for months! I sure hope not. I see him on Monday for a checkup and to get out those stitches that he had to put in my left hip a few days after my surgery. My glue is slowly but surely coming off. The doc told me not to pick at it, but that as I spot loose pieces I can go ahead and pull them off. It kind of reminds me of the skin that peels off after a sunburn. Yuck. I wonder just how long before the scars start to look normal.

I need to go get the cold packs and put my feet up now. I'll check in later.

Welcome Home Frangi. Thank goodness for on time flights. I hate that you had to mess with your luggage, but if you felt no discomfort I'm sure you are ok. You are a strong woman!

I had to laugh about your house. I know my husband's standards are far lower than mine. You've been gone for two weeks and he probably devoted 15 minutes to cleaning right before he left the house this morning. That's what mine would have done. Good for you acting like he'd done a fine job. It wouldn't have changed a thing if you'd thrown a fit and you'd still have to clean it yourself.

Great news on the scale. I know you must be looking fabulous and feeling so victorious.

Kat, glad to see you checking in. I've been wondering about you. Are you feeling good as new now?

I was out shopping and running errands for several hours this morning and I'm swollen big time again. My doctor told me that the swelling can last for months! I sure hope not. I see him on Monday for a checkup and to get out those stitches that he had to put in my left hip a few days after my surgery. My glue is slowly but surely coming off. The doc told me not to pick at it, but that as I spot loose pieces I can go ahead and pull them off. It kind of reminds me of the skin that peels off after a sunburn. Yuck. I wonder just how long before the scars start to look normal.

I need to go get the cold packs and put my feet up now. I'll check in later.

Hi Becky!

Thank you so much, sweet lady!!!

I was told that the swelling can last for months as well -- Oh Joy :):thumbdown::(!

That said, just think how great we'll look when it's all over -- this is so totally worth it!!!

My incisions are peeling all over the place too, breasts and tummy. I have read (and been told by my Dr.) that the scars actually will actually start to look even worse before they get better -- it's all just part of the healing process. I've talked to a few people who are several years out with their tummy tucks and they tell me that the scars fade out very nicely over time.

That's funny that you have stitches near your hip, so do I. A two inch section near my left hip separated a day or so after surgery and the Dr. left it open for a few days and then stitched it up. I need to see my PCP early next week to have my stitches removed too.

By the way where did your port scar end up, or was that skin removed altogether? By the time I had my PS, I had only two small scars left from my Lap Band surgery with the port scar being by far, the largest and most noticeable. That scar is now just 1/4 inch above my pubic area -- I was simply amazed at how far he pulled the skin down on my belly.

Congrats on your weight loss too -- 121 pounds!!!! You have always had an amazing metabolism.

I need to start using cold packs too because I also have some swelling and I'm dreading what will happen when the drain comes out. How long do you keep your cold pack on at a sitting?

Karey, (the woman with all of the fabulous ideas and suggestions :smile::smile::smile:). I've been reading up on the lymphatic massage and it seems like a great thing. I also wanted to mention that your rice pudding suggestion during the recovery phase was excellent too. I bought some Jello brand sugar-free rice pudding Crème Brulee flavor, and it was yummy!!! In fact, it was one of the very few things that was actually appetizing to me during those first few days after surgery.

Jody, if my drain ever comes out (note the "if" -- this thing might become a part of me :)), I will definitely snap a pic of myself in my new tee!!!

Hi Everybody. It is a nice quiet Friday night at my house. No visitors this weekend. Yeah!

Frangi, I use the ice several times a day for about 30 minutes at a time, with the skin protected of course. I have a large squishy gel pack that works great, but LJM suggested bags of frozen peas if you don't have the gel packs. It really does seem to make me more comfortable. I'm not sure that it makes a lot of difference in the swelling in the long run though. By this time of day, my pants are way too tight no matter what.

My port scar is several inches lower than it was, just to the left and below my belly button. Not that noticeable at all.

I am starting to feel like this was all worth it. I can see a nice shape developing when I look beyond the swelling and the scars. I am thrilled with my butt and thighs. They are not very swollen or scared so I can already really appreciate the improvement. I don't mind if the scars stay red for a long time, I'm just ready for them to be healed, glue, and "scab" free.

Thanks for noticing my weight loss update. I guess my metabolism did kick into high gear after the surgery, because I sure haven't been exercising. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I miss it and getting back to formal exercise as soon as possible is a very high priority for me.

Have a great weekend.

Becky - OMG!! 121 pounds!! You are a Super Star by far!! I can only HOPE to be there next year!! You earned every single pound that came off. You never ever seemed to deviate from the weight loss plan. Again, YOU ARE MY HERO!! You are amazing!!

Frangi -

Your weight loss also is amazing. I started taking a Yoga/Pilates class each week because of you. Thank you for that!! You did so well during your plastic surgery because of all the exercise you did.

Not to sound creepy but...I actually miss you since you went home. You felt closer in Miami!! I bought a size 14 skort and it fits but it is tight. If i buckle down and start my losing trend again it will fit in no time. I think of you and Becky and try to find motivation in your successes.

I wish you Ladies nothing but the best life can offer. :)

Awww Jody, thank you so much!!! I'll be back on the mainland next month to see my Dr. and plan out phase 2 and I think you and Becky (and any of you lovely ladies who want to) should come to Miami for a few days. We can go shopping and have a riot!!!! What do you think?

Okay, nervously I am posting some photos. The first one was taken 4 days pre-op and the second one is two weeks (and one day) post-op. I'm still pretty swollen and the drain is still in, but I rerouted it through the back of my panties for the photos.

DH did not want me putting topless (or bottomless) post-op photos up on the Internet because we live on a small island where the core culture is rather modest and traditional -- so I have to respect that (he was okay with the topless "before" photo because that body doesn't exist anymore).

I therefore, tried to show as much as I possibly could, and hopefully this will give you the idea. I didn't show my TT scar, but I can if anyone is interested in seeing it (it's still rather angry red and yuck and not very pretty right now). I had to use my bathing suit cover up for the before photos because all I ever owned pre-op were "granny panties" which my husband always loathed. I'm proud to say that one of my projects today is to throw all the granny panties right out in the garbage :lol::thumbup::)!!!! No more granny panties ever again -- Woo Hoo!!!!

Anyhow, here are some pics (Bra and panties from Stein Mart of course :tt2:):

post-221749-1381313724474_thumb.jpg

post-221749-13813137245247_thumb.jpg

Frangi, you look FABULOUS, and just think, it is going to get even better and better!! You and your doctor have done a wonderful job of changing your body to match your current weight and lifestyle. You are definitely doing away with all remnants of obesity. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!

Thanks for being so brave too. You make it easier for everyone to imagine what is possible for themselves.

HA CHA CHA FRANGI!! WOW....what a difference! I never thought I would ever want to have my breasts done because they were never that great but after seeing you I will definitely be having them done!!

Becky and Frangi - Thanks so much for sharing such personal info. It really helps many to make informative decisions!!

Frangi, you look FABULOUS, and just think, it is going to get even better and better!! You and your doctor have done a wonderful job of changing your body to match your current weight and lifestyle. You are definitely doing away with all remnants of obesity. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo!

Thanks for being so brave too. You make it easier for everyone to imagine what is possible for themselves.

Thank you so much Becky!!!

Honestly, it did take a lot for me to post that before photo :):redface::lol:! I'm not even sure how long I'll be able to keep it up there -- it makes me totally cringe every time I see it!!!

However now you can see why I was so very anxious to get started on PS as soon as I possibly could!!! I have always had a pooch of skin in my lower belly, but this time around, it was horrendous, and I knew it wasn't going anywhere without the help of a good surgeon.

HA CHA CHA FRANGI!! WOW....what a difference! I never thought I would ever want to have my breasts done because they were never that great but after seeing you I will definitely be having them done!!

Thank you Jody!!!! A talented plastic surgeon can create beautiful breasts on almost any body type, and Dr. Masri I must say, does amazing breasts, I just so impressed with his before and after photos during my initial consult. I pretty much gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted as far as choosing the shape and size of the implant, etc. (not an easy thing for me, being the micro-manager that I am :angry:), and I was not disappointed.

I've never been that crazy about the overall shape of my breasts either but as you might recall, I wasn't initially that keen on having the breasts done. However, when I started consulting with surgeons and looking at before and after photos, breasts moved way high up on the priority list . I guess up until that point I had simply forgotten what nice breasts looked liked :(!!!

BTW -- because of the breast band I've been wearing (which is a compression garment that you wear across the breasts when you have implants so that the implant doesn't settle too high on the chest) the swelling has gone down quite a bit and when I bought my bras just before I left Miami, I was a "C" cup -- which is exactly what I wanted to be :lol:!

Well, today was laundry and cleaning day. I am by no means done with everything yet, but I'm getting there. It's a good thing I did all of my own laundry at the hotel before I left to return home, otherwise I'd probably never see the bottom of the hamper again!

I notice that I am rather achy at times and it sort of comes and goes -- one minute I'll be feeling fine and the next I feel achy, and sore, and somewhat hunched over. What do you think ladies, is this normal? I'm still a bit concerned that I strained my muscles from lifting too much yesterday.........

Thank you so much again for the nice compliments Becky and Jody!!!!

Wow Frangi. You look great! You don't even look swollen. Think how totally fabulous you are going to look when the swelling is all gone. That must feel soooo much better. Congrats, and thanks for posting pics. I can't wait to get to my goal weight so I can get made over.!

Frangi.... wow. Just wow. You look FANTABULOUS!!!!!! Bet it feels really, really good to see your husband pant and drool as he eyeballs you :thumbup: happy panty shopping to you too! I agree, the SE folks should visit with you in Miami (though I don't see where ANY more improvement is needed!!!) and you can all go panty shopping together... and maybe do happy hour at one of those places where you have to remove your bras and hang them on the wall :crying:

Becky... you are also truly amazing! That weight loss is outstanding... bet you are (rightly so!!!) very proud of yourself.

Thanks again to both of you (and Kari and LJM and Julie and Nurse Amy and so many others) for blessing those of us who are eagerly looking forward to our own improvement dates. The insight, information and advice you share is more appreciated than you can imagine.

Frangi you look AMAZING. I truly hope my results are that good! Well your breasts will look better. Mine are going to have to wait...a long time...unless we win the lottery!

Wow...that is such a transformation!

Frangi, what are the dates that you'll be in Miami next? Maybe we can work something out. That would be so much fun. Why don't you PM me with the details. Jody, any chance you could get away too?

Unfortunately, I think the ongoing aches and pains are normal. I'm really tiring of it though. Yesterday I felt really rotten for most of the day. It was a bad swelling day (guess I over did on Friday) and it just made everthing uncomfortable. I feel bad complaining because I did sign up for this and everything that goes with it. I'm just hoping for a better day today.

More later.