Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I'm still here. Just been mostly reading. I'm struggling a bit right now ever since my parents left. I don't know but I feel like I have taken a step backwards. I think I let my mom get to me and since for the most part I am not eating to stuff down my feelings, I am feeling them more, if that makes sense. Since they left I've been making some bad choices. Mostly in the form of not getting all my Protein in and some unhealthier than normal choices. It's no way by far like I used to, my portions are still small but just having a harder time keeping my head in the game. I guess I am having a pity party or something but I am dealing with some things, whereas before I wouldn't. Weight is the same since I hit my 75 lbs which is good. It doesn't help that DH was out of town as well so I've been all alone with my stinkin' thinkin'. But I am proud of myself for dealing with those thoughts and not trying to feed them with food. I think I'm rambling so will close for now. Thanks for all the support!

I'm still here. Just been mostly reading. I'm struggling a bit right now ever since my parents left. I don't know but I feel like I have taken a step backwards. I think I let my mom get to me and since for the most part I am not eating to stuff down my feelings, I am feeling them more, if that makes sense. Since they left I've been making some bad choices. Mostly in the form of not getting all my Protein in and some unhealthier than normal choices. It's no way by far like I used to, my portions are still small but just having a harder time keeping my head in the game. I guess I am having a pity party or something but I am dealing with some things, whereas before I wouldn't. Weight is the same since I hit my 75 lbs which is good. It doesn't help that DH was out of town as well so I've been all alone with my stinkin' thinkin'. But I am proud of myself for dealing with those thoughts and not trying to feed them with food. I think I'm rambling so will close for now. Thanks for all the support!

Well, join the club. I have been going back to old habits too. It has stopped my weight loss. I go to the dr for a fill tomorrow. He will not be pleased with my loss. Oh well, maybe the fill will jump start me. Also ever since I PB'd last week I have a pain where the port comes out of the band. I think if the band had slipped I would be vomitting.:w00t: Hopefully, everything is okay.

Long, every day is a new day on the lap-band journey. So, just wake up, and start anew. PTL! We are here for you.:eek:

Now girls, come on! Lets get back in the groove!. I had an okay day today but didn't get all food in. Then for supper tonight, I made a large salad and ate the whole thing. I mean it was big. I can't believe I could even eat that much. I know I shouldn't but that was my supper and I didn't have too many foods in. Now I kind of feel sick at my stomach. In my opinion, I should not be able to hold that much at one time. I ate it real slow too. I did get a 2.4 mile walk in but it wasn't all that fast today but at least I did it. Thats how you got to think. Just get something different to eat. I think one big key is to not let yourself get hungry. Thats what causes me to slip, if I am hungry. Well have a good night.

Beckyo

HI All,

I just got back from a day and a half away with hubby. I can't believe that we actually got away, just the two of us!!!! It was great, all too short, but great to feel like I didn't have to be a full time caregiver. We went to Big Bear Lake, just two and a half hours from here. The mountains were beautiful; the lake was peaceful, my food was what it should be and we took long walks, which gave me the exercise I so desparately need. I've got to learn a lesson from this weekend, about caring for myself!!! Not an easy lesson to learn at my age.

Lori, you are staying at or near your 75 pound loss. Everything that went on with your parents would probably have provoked a weight gain in the past, but you didn't do that. Be proud, my friend. Stand up and be plenty proud!!!!! And give yourself even more credit, because you are so right on about dealing with the feelings that we normally would have stuffed down in the past. It's like we are small children, learning all over again how to deal with the world and it isn't easy. It isn't easy at all!!!!! But you are doing it! You are realizing it! A few choices doesn't mean you are caving in; it doesn't mean someone else has power over you. It just means you are human. We go forward; we go back - a little, but we keep going forward and that's just what you're doing!

Right on, my friend.

Love,

Ellen

Now girls, come on! Lets get back in the groove!. I had an okay day today but didn't get all food in. Then for supper tonight, I made a large salad and ate the whole thing. I mean it was big. I can't believe I could even eat that much. I know I shouldn't but that was my supper and I didn't have too many foods in. Now I kind of feel sick at my stomach. In my opinion, I should not be able to hold that much at one time. I ate it real slow too. I did get a 2.4 mile walk in but it wasn't all that fast today but at least I did it. Thats how you got to think. Just get something different to eat. I think one big key is to not let yourself get hungry. Thats what causes me to slip, if I am hungry. Well have a good night. Beckyo

You're right, Becky! Monday... new start to the week! Let's get back on track!!

Janet will be back soon! Her brother's funeral was today. We went to the viewing yesterday. She's hanging in there! She's going to be doling out some of her "tough love" if you gals don't get back to basics!! :tongue2:

You're right, Becky! Monday... new start to the week! Let's get back on track!!

Janet will be back soon! Her brother's funeral was today. We went to the viewing yesterday. She's hanging in there! She's going to be doling out some of her "tough love" if you gals don't get back to basics!! :tongue2:

I went and got my 4th fill. Now I have 5cc's . The nurse said most people start feeling more restriction between 5-6. Anyway, I asked Dr. Davis about "Big Medicine". He doesn't have a date for the new shows. I told him that LBT peeps were fans. He said tell them HELLO!

Do any of you go to smoothie King? I bought a small sugar free Angel food smoothie with 6g of Protein. Anyway, it was good! 230cal. It made a filling meal.:biggrin:

Well I am back at it in the 'groove'. I think I felt more out of it than I actually was. I'm even leaving shortly for the gym. Weight is still holding steady at 75 and I expect it to for a bit yet as I lost about a pound a day for about a week and when I do that, it seems my body needs to rest for a bit before it gives up some more.

I had a great day yesterday. Seems your's truly is going to be part of the panel at the surgery seminar this weekend, I will be part of the panel at the end of patients who give their successes, also that afternoon I am going to training to be a volunteer in the bariatric program at the hospital. Also my daughter and I went on a massive shopping trip. We shopped from about 11am to 7pm at a huge outlet mall in Castle Rock and a regular mall. I got another pair of size 16 jeans, they were such a deal at the Gap outlet plus this cut didn't fit a week ago and does snuggly now. Also got a shirt at Ann Taylor in an L. YAHOO!!! My daughter got tons of her little size 6 stuff. Then at 7 I met some fellow LBTers at Red Robin for dinner. These gals meet monthly and are mostly dr. K's patients in Denver but they invited more of us from the Colorado board so there were about 3 surgeons represented. At this point we are all post op and living the lifestyle so was honored they included us. It was nice to meet and share with others going through the same things. I've attached a photo or link (not sure how it will show up as I copied the link to the picture). I am the one seated on the left. The others are: next to me KaylieghsMommy, standing BikiniBeachy, Denvergal, Prtaintovryt.

15456d1224561021t-colorado-anyone-october-2008-

Hi Becky and others,

I have been told that when we eat a salad that unless it has some Protein in it that it is the same as drinking a liquid as the lettuce is mostly Water turns to liquid and does not stay in the pouch. Have any of you been told that also?

I haven't been eating a lot of salad because of that reason. I try to eat Protein first and then some vegetables.

I am at a plateau and get me second fill on Friday. Looking forward to a jump start but still happy with the lbs and inches so far--just wish it was faster.

Hi everyone. Been so busy with volunteer jobs that I have not been home very much.

Losing...hang in there. You've had a couple of tough weeks emotionally and you will handle things just fine. I had extreme issues with my parents (sexual abuse) and it took me years to LEARN how to put a blank tape into my brain when those things surfaced in my head. I know that there was a lot of anticipation for you b/4 your parents visit, the long visit, etc. Don't let yourself backslide. You have been so successful and such an upbeat person (and I include all my 50's friends in that) to all of us here. Just thank God that you got through the visit, lost weight in the process and not anything tooooooo negative came out of it.

Isn't it just fun to shop? I haven't done it for years except for Lane Bryant tops and elastic waist jeans.

To everyone else.....love ya all! Gotta go to a National Guards meeting and will talk to you all later.

Phyll....just want to thank you for your words of wisdom and stepping up to the plate with Janet gone. You have great advice...I guess it's "tried and true" since you have quite a bit more experience than most of us here.

Well I am back at it in the 'groove'. I think I felt more out of it than I actually was. I'm even leaving shortly for the gym. Weight is still holding steady at 75 and I expect it to for a bit yet as I lost about a pound a day for about a week and when I do that, it seems my body needs to rest for a bit before it gives up some more.

I had a great day yesterday. Seems your's truly is going to be part of the panel at the surgery seminar this weekend, I will be part of the panel at the end of patients who give their successes, also that afternoon I am going to training to be a volunteer in the bariatric program at the hospital. Also my daughter and I went on a massive shopping trip. We shopped from about 11am to 7pm at a huge outlet mall in Castle Rock and a regular mall. I got another pair of size 16 jeans, they were such a deal at the Gap outlet plus this cut didn't fit a week ago and does snuggly now. Also got a shirt at Ann Taylor in an L. YAHOO!!! My daughter got tons of her little size 6 stuff. Then at 7 I met some fellow LBTers at Red Robin for dinner. These gals meet monthly and are mostly dr. K's patients in Denver but they invited more of us from the Colorado board so there were about 3 surgeons represented. At this point we are all post op and living the lifestyle so was honored they included us. It was nice to meet and share with others going through the same things. I've attached a photo or link (not sure how it will show up as I copied the link to the picture). I am the one seated on the left. The others are: next to me KaylieghsMommy, standing BikiniBeachy, Denvergal, Prtaintovryt.

15456d1224561021t-colorado-anyone-october-2008-

I'm so curious. You are wearing a size 16 jeans at 230 lbs? I now weigh 217 and just got into an old pair of size 20's I had. I am 5'4" tall. I was wearing 16's when I was like 185 lbs.

I'm so curious. You are wearing a size 16 jeans at 230 lbs? I now weigh 217 and just got into an old pair of size 20's I had. I am 5'4" tall. I was wearing 16's when I was like 185 lbs.

Goodness, now I feel like I am supposed to be much fatter at my weight. :grouphug: But probably height makes a difference, I am 5'9. But I have 2 pairs of 16's that fit (wearing one right now), no lie. But I did try on others that didn't fit, so a lot also has to do with the cuts I am sure.

Janet, I miss you and am thinking of you.

Goodness, now I feel like I am supposed to be much fatter at my weight. :grouphug: But probably height makes a difference, I am 5'9. But I have 2 pairs of 16's that fit (wearing one right now), no lie. But I did try on others that didn't fit, so a lot also has to do with the cuts I am sure.

I think its great!! " Congratulations " Not doubting you at all. I can't wait to reach a size 16. The taller you are the slimmer you are. I was just curious, didn't know your height. Keep up the good work !!!

Phyl, do you live by Janet. I know you are close with her but didn't realize you were close enough to attend her brothers funeral. I have been thinking about her alot and sure do miss talking to her. You are doing a good job filling in. Jill, on the lettuce issue. I do eat salads but I eat vegetables more. The salad I had the other night had cheese, meat, eggs in it but kept it on the low side. Last night I made stuffed green peppers, baked potatoes and brocolli, cauliflower mixture. Well I was starving and first bite of pepper and I got stuck. I got to slow down. Had to put in on the stove with foil. Went for a 2.4 mile walk, Was still hungry so this time I came back, warmed it up and ate it very slow and very small bites and got it all down. I just have to eat small bites and slow. I have started doing things a little differently. I am strictly eating Protein first, vegetables second, and then waiting for 10 minutes to see if I need more. It is working better for me. I did not make myself a potato last night either. I went grocery shopping and bought alot of various vegetables to use with my Protein. This time I bought fresh fruit also. I'm out for tonight. See ya all later.

Beckyo PS. I bought and Indian Blanket coat off of Ebay last week. It is all wool and very beautiful and most of all it is xlarge. It is navy, green and brick red. I love it. Just thought I would add that in. Keep up the good work ladies.

Beckyo:biggrin::grouphug::biggrin::pray2: