Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Sandy..sounds like you found some good buys. I love a good deal. TJMAXX is my favorite store. Can spend hours just looking. Half my wardrode is from there. Nice brands and cheap. I have to drive almost 3 hours to the closest store at home so I am taking advantage of the ones here in FL.

Have fun tonight, Judy. I would love to go to a singles dance even though I am married. DH is very self-conscience about his dancing skills and I will take any opportunity to dance...even at a singles! Heck, DH would most likely even pay my admission so I would get my fix!

Laura...I love it when you share photos. Such beautiful wedding shots and what a diff in your progression ones.

Eva...nice to have that bonus and know what you will do with it. I have not had a bonus since the mid 80's....been self employed since that time. Hmmmm...think I will go write myself a nice bonus check.

Hello everyone. Just lost a huge response post. It's so frustrating!!!

Happy Birthday Laura and Happy Anniversary Cheri -- enjoy your celebrations. Glad your DH is well enough to go out for dinner for your b-day -- enjoy your dinner!! Sounds delish!

Well, let me see if I can remember it all. Julie and Judy, hope you both start to feel some relief from the pain soon -- I know how hard it is to live with pain, but it's especially difficult when you don't know why and no one can figure it out -- it just sucks. I will be keeping positive thoughts and prayers for you both. Cheri, likewise for your DS and DD -- your DS sounds like a wonderful person -- what a rough time she's been having. So sorry for all her troubles. That's really a shame. Good going on your maintenance - keep it up.

Apples, your hockey game party sounds like so much fun, wish I could come!! I guess you really did pack a lot of stuff if you even have knee pads with you!! Wow! LOL. Your menu, as always, sounds delish. Sorry you're leaving so soon -- I'd make sure you take 2 weeks to come home -- it's still so miserable here -- do NOT rush, trust me!! Good going on wearing capris!! A little jealous here!! Not really. :thumbup:

Janet, good going on getting up and getting to the gym. I bought some new work out tapes -- Leslie Sansome ones -- one has a stretchy band you wear around your waist and works out your arms while you walk. The other one I tried today is with some weighted type gloves you use to do some boxing/punching moves while walking - I really liked it - it's different -- I get so bored with the same old tapes. I also did my 1 hour step aerobic one that I love -- it's a high intensity cardio work out and I have greatly increased my endurance since surgery -- it's so much easier to do now that I have no pain in that hip. I did another walking tape where you do short bursts with weights -- I've been doing that one every day -- I think maybe it's helped me break that plateau.

Jessica, it's fantastic that your using your knowledge to help your family have better eating habits -- keep that up -- I feel a lot of guilt over the fact that I over fed and made family celebrations almost ALL about food -- I wish I could go back to your age and do it all over. So good going and I'm glad you see how important it is for your family's health.

Phyll, I do hope you start feeling better soon - that last virus I had in January lasted almost 3 weeks - it was the worst cold type virus I'd had in at least 20 years -- really kicked my butt -- I was so glad I wasn't back at work when I had it. It's so miserable to be so sick.

Joyce, 1 more day -- you'll be so glad you did it!!! Even when I was getting my iv in at the hospital I was still doubting my decision -- don't let your doubts over ride your decision - I'd do it 100 times again if I had to!!

Sandy congratulations on the shopping prices AND the new sizes -- feels sooooo good, doesn't it? Sometimes I look at myself in pictures or even in the mirror and I think, WOW, I can't believe that's really ME!!

Laura, that reminds me -- what gorgeous pictures -- and yes, yes, yes, what an amazing difference!! You've come a long way Baby!! Even with all the problems of the past 6 months, look at YOU!! You should feel so proud and happy and give yourself a big pat on the back. My boss went to his son's kindergarten class and he heard the teacher tell the kids to "kiss your brain" when they did something smart -- so we should all kiss our brains for making the right choices .

Charlene, I noticed your new goals on your signature and I think they are great goals -- steady wins the race - you've done a lot so far, and it sounds like you're getting your motivation back -- it can be easy to lose that motivation -- I know before when I'd lose weight, lose the motivation and gain it all back -- so good for you -- kiss your brain!!

Deb, glad you checked in, glad you are continuing to lose -- great job!!

Well, gang I gotta run and get some dinner. I had a kinda crap day -- DSD and I got into a little this afternoon --I get sooo tired of her not wanting to help herself and I just can't keep my mouth closed ALL the time and then when I do it's bad cause she just can't take any advice or criticism of any kind - -she feels I "don't understand how hard it is!" Anyway, it upsets me cause I love her and worry and want her to dig deep to find the motivation to help herself. Anyway, have a great night everyone, I'll CBL. Linda

Edited by ljv52

Eva, I forgot to mention congrats on the bonus!! I get mine the middle of March -- I think I'll buy a swing set for DGD with part of mine and use the rest for vacation in Florida in July -- for the wedding. Sure is nice to have that little extra $$ for the extra things we want to do. Have a good night! Linda

Linda - Thanks soooo much. Really hungry and a bit intimidated by all the changes ahead. Love the comment, still wondering up to the moment the IV was going in. A feeling that must be shared by many - this is such a big, drastic decision.

This phase the doctors seems to focus on all that "could" go wrong. To release them of liability and their responsibility to be SURE we understand what we have agreed to.

With all of you here and my support at home, I know this will be a wonderful new chapter in a healthier life.

Joyce

"Sandy congratulations on the shopping prices AND the new sizes -- feels sooooo good, doesn't it? Sometimes I look at myself in pictures or even in the mirror and I think, WOW, I can't believe that's really ME!!"

I had that exact feeling today when I looked in the 3 way mirror. I had two thoughts - who is that? and when am I going to bust the seams out? I couldn't believe that was me wearing regular sized clothes and looking good in them.

Apples, I used to buy most of my cloths at TJMaxx. I haven't been able to shop there in at least 15 years. Hmmmmm, maybe I should revisit my old stomping ground and try a few things on. This could be dangerous and expensive. Sounds like great fun doesn't it.:thumbup:

Edited by sndycnrd

JB. You have a lot the same interests as me. I love acting but haven't had much opportunity to do it. I also have a little problem memorizing lines, LOL.

I met my husband dancing about 11 years ago and we've been married for 10 years, today. He jumped in next to me on the electric slide and the rest is history.

Sometimes arm pain comes from the neck.

I also believe dust is a protective cover. It's even a decoration. You can write in it. It's moveable art, it rolls along the floor resembling baby bunnies. It has a magnetic personality that seems to attract more dust. When disturbed it floats through the air illuminated by stray rays of sunlight. It is also a home for Horton's Whos (also known as dust mites). When you sweep them up you may be eliminating an entire kingdom. And when it gets in your nose, it can create absolutely orgasmic sneezes.

So leave sleeping dust bunnies lie.

Phyll, please go to the Dr. Some of the viruses floating around have some really nasty long lasting side effects. Or they lead to bad secondary infections. 2 weeks is 2 long.

Laura, I always felt like the fat held my face hostage, and without the weight its like I got my face back. Great pics. You always were pretty. Its just more obvious now.

Julie, we've been married 10 years.

Femme 1, congrats on the weight loss. The fill's the thing with which to catch the appetite of Queens. (Shakespeare: "The plays the thing with which to catch the conscience of a king."

Eva,

My husband does the laundy and heavy duty housework, but not a great job. I am not at all domestically inclined and now between not being able to kneel on my new knees, and having an easily irritated neck, housework really is awkward and can irritate my arthritis. If I had the $ I'd hire someone in a heartbeat.

Apples, you continue to amaze me. Cooking and entertaining and taking care of everyone on your vacation. And you want to go back to work, too.

I think you should become a volunteer who goes all over the world to straighten things out when there's been a disaster.

SNDY Congratulations on the weight and size loss as well as the great deals. I may have to visit Carsons tomorrow. Haven't shopped there in years.

Linda, did someone say you're coming to Chicago or that you'd been there? I love Chicago (downtown, Goldcoast, various ethnic neighborhoods. I'm so eager to meet anyone from this thread, please contact me if you come my way.

Cheri

OMG.Ive just spent about an hour...going through all the new posts and responding to them and giving my update...etc etc and somehow...I lost it all!!!! well....Im sorry but its way to late to start over tonight!!!

Will start over tomorrow. GRRRR.

Have a good night all.

Good Morning Gang

Never made it to the gym - my ipod is missing !!! Excuse here but I can't do treadmil w/o my ipod - I am assuming DIL bro or sil took it - not to happy - don't want to accuse but when I called DIL and asked if anyone moved it - they said no and that they saw it in the dish on the kitchen counter.. Well it's not there... So went and got a new one yesterday.. Going to leave it alone as far as dil goes - it's not her fault and if I tell DS he will make a big big deal out of it and since I don't know for sure (ya right) I don't want to have family discord - they (other side) don't come to my house often (once every 5 yrs) so I will know to put stuff up.. Maybe the little 4 yrs got it - who knows - lesson learned.. Even though I am a firm beleiver I should have to hide stuff in my own house

Took the dogs to the groomers - angel looks like a poodle again and bear is sporting his summer do... Went to the Dollar store (grand opening) and GS was the greeter ;0).. Bank and then home... Cleaned a little and watched my Grey's Anatomy.

Up early - cuz that's what I do - hope fully a nap today..

Joyce - Hugs & prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery - it's not a walk in the park but it ain't bad - I was feeling good by Wed night - gas in the shoulder was the worse for me.. I didn't even take any pain med after 1 p.m. on Wed

Will band change your eating habits - Yes and No - Once you receive proper restriction you won't be able to eat as much but that being said you will still crave the wrong foods - I am 2.5 yrs out and I still want to eat high fat & sugar foods - but I don't 98% of the time - I love eating healthy and gotta say I crave that more - yesterday was craving veggies & protein..

Please don't think of this as a diet - just tell your self you are eating healthy - diets don't work - cuz when you go off them and back to eating normal - you gain - it's cuz our normal is what made us fat in the 1st place..

Laura- How was dinner last night?? lol Dr Janet - love it I had plurciy (sp) once and it felt like I had broken ribs so that's were that diagnose came from ;0)

Cheri - You and Dh could have danced at home - love that he does the electric slide :0)

Phyl -hope you are feeling better - Did you make it to the fair

Glad those clouds never made any rain

Eva - Congrat on the bonus - ya ain't it a b that 1/2 will go to taxes - but at least you still have the other half ;0)

Puppy issues - I am still not happy about it - but am adjusting - he is a smart dog but I just don't want to have a puppy.. I think GS works next weekend and he said he had some plans so I may just take Angel with me and leave Bear w/Andrew..

Sndy - WTG on $200 suit for $40 - I am a shopper -but I have enough clothes right now and truly waiting for summer stuff to come out - haven't seen anything in the stores lately that I just have to have..

Great - know what you mean about cking in - got do it at least once a day.. How's the fill going

Charlene - How are you doing?? How's Beck going - I haven't read lately - maybe today - as I don't have any real plans - finish washing and that's about it - R&R day for me

Linda - ya mixing things up should help...

Deb - Congrats on your lost!!!!

Apples - Enjoy whats left of your vacation - but I guess since you are retired you will be able to relax a little more (ya right - our busy bee girl ;0)

Judy - How did the dance go ;0) lol

Julie - Who won :redface:)

Well need to fold towel...

CBL

Linda - Thanks soooo much. Really hungry and a bit intimidated by all the changes ahead. Love the comment, still wondering up to the moment the IV was going in. A feeling that must be shared by many - this is such a big, drastic decision.

This phase the doctors seems to focus on all that "could" go wrong. To release them of liability and their responsibility to be SURE we understand what we have agreed to.

With all of you here and my support at home, I know this will be a wonderful new chapter in a healthier life.

Joyce

Joyce...just want to wish you the best. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Just know that you will not go through this alone. You have a very supportive group right here to help you along your journey. Take care and keep us informed on how you are doing when you feel up to it.

I think it was Linda that made the comment about packing hockey sticks, etc. Nope...not that crazy. We hit thrift stores and Goodwill to find what we needed for our outfits. Everything is ready to go. Made a whole wheat salsa bread this morning and will serve with melted pepperjack. Now that all is made for the meal and cabin cleaned, it's time to sit with my feet up and read the Sunday paper and do a couple crosswords. Also plan on finishing a book today. PPL will show up about 3 and serving meal at 5:30. I just love doing things like today. So, Cheri, this is not work for me, it's something I love to do...always have. You love dancing...I love cooking and entertaining. (I also love dancing). Hope you had a nice anniversary.. Sorry your plans fell through. Hopefully you can go out and dance with hubby very soon.

Hi to everyone else. Life is good. Sun is shining and supposed to be a beautiful day. Blocking out of my mind the fact that we will be leaving in a week and heading back to the tundra. But, will make the most of these days and also will take joy in walking in the door of our house and settling back into life in MN.

Things will be very different for me this spring, summer and fall. Not sure if I posted that I am paring back on the number I feed. Time for the guys (except for my 2) to pack their own lunches. The restaurant is closing...

Good day to all my girls!

Thanks thanks thanks for all the birthday wishes! I actually felt all the love coming from the screen. : ) Well, dinner plans were scratched last night. DH was overly ambitious with his day out and about. He was at Publix getting a tiny cake when he started running fever. I told him to grab some shrimp and scallops and come home. I canceled the reservations and put him to bed. Around 6 he was feeling a bit better and we ate some grilled seafood, blew out candles and just hung out at home. I was perfectly ok with that. It doesn't matter where you are~ as long as you are with people you love.

I had so many phone calls/texts/emails/Facebook messages etc. with birthday wishes. So so sweet. My entire family called from NC and passed the phone around. Then they did a group birthday song. Oh goodness, none of my family can sing a note! LOL. At least I know where I get it! ; )

It's only 55 right now but supposed to get up in the 70s again today. LOVE the warmer weather.

NY~ sorry you lost the post. I HATE when that happens!

Cheri~ That's funny that you met DH with the electric slide. The band at my wedding was forbidden to play that or macarena. Not my cup of tea.

Eva~ yeah for the bonus. Bummer is has to go to the powerline. And I hear ya with the house cleaning. I am spoiled that way too. My Brazilian girls come through like a tornado twice a month and I LOVE that. They came while I was in Orlando and it was the best Valentine gift to come home to a spotless abode. BIG aphrodisiac! ; )

Apples~ Your picnic/party sounds like so much fun! Go USA! Now that is dedication, baking even without a mixer or your pots! It would have been brownies if I had to do that. Let us know how it went.

Judy~ How did the dance go? Any prospects???? How is the arm pain?

Janet~ How's the weekend going? Family? Gym? Cleaning? Groomers? Such a busy girl!

ok guys, off to enjoy the rest of the day. peasout...Laura

Laura

Loved the pictures of your progress !!! Love the Bday pic too and yes staying home with love ones is just the ticket..

Laura....my pots and pans traveled with me. Just never thought to throw in my hand held mixer. Next year. Happy you had a good bday even though DH was feeling funky.

Just checking in,

I have been really off my game this week and only lost 1 pound. Up until now I was losing 3 pounds a week. I am a little disappointed but still thankful I am not 260 anymore. I went to the grocery store and got some things that will vary my diet alittle and hopefully help me keep to it. I am getting tired of eggs for Breakfast so i just started skipping Breakfast. I thought I would try some greek yogurt. Everyone on youtube has been raving about it. My doc's specific instructions were not yougurt or oatmeal or grits. I am atleast gonna try it because I think it is better than skipping. Of course I will have to count the carbs 12. I am not a big yogurt fan so I will be surprised if I fall in love with it like everyone else. Also my class gets out at 1 on mon,wed and I am so hungry I have been getting fast food. I don't get home till 2 and I just can't wait that long. I am gonna start taking a snack to eat on the way home to keep me out of the drive thru.

Lady, I will be thinking of you tommorrow. Good luck.

I am feeling SO much better. Still a little coughing, esp in the morning, but so much better! Didn't get to the fair. SIL's DS and 2 grandchildren came over from Temecula and they just wantd to swim! Just as well. We stayed here all day yesterday, watched Olympics and just talked and visited. Very enjoyable!

Today we are leaving for a couple of days. Temecula tonight, San Diego tomorrow night and we will do some sightseeing Mon/Tues before they fly home.