Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Peeps - Can't believe it's morning already - could use a few more hrs of sleep ;0)

Chris - Like you said knowing and doing are 2 diff things - hell most of us could have been nutritionist prior to banding - we have done it all - but we didn't practice what we knew..

The Portion Control will come w/restriction (except for sliders)

Are you telling your customers about your surgery - IMHO I think that would be a good thing to do - so that they won't be making you brownies ;0)

As Apples said - planning is key - I made dinner last night w/lunch for the next few days in mind - I'm 3 yrs out and plan plan plan - because if you don't it's to easy to make bad food choices when you are hungry..

My dinner could go in a thermos - one pot wonder (what ever meat & veggies you like seasoned like you want and I usually add Tomato sauce) Last nigh - thin pork chops oniion bell peppers garlic cajun seasoning yellow & green squash tomato sauce)

Julie - hugs on mimi I know when DS was young he would get constipated too - but I always kept an eye on it - never got that bad - Congrats on the 3 lbs - just stay away from the starches and it will stay gone..

ok gotta get ready for work..

Just a fly by...

Early release from school today. ughhh. they get them on/off the school bus, to class, to the cafeteria, back to class, then back on bus- will be home by noon. If you don't go- get a FULL absent! So silly.

House is in chaos. DH leaves for overseas trip on Friday. Packing- sorting gifts- picking up dry cleaning, making photo albums, etc... Snifff. Trying to stay happy and excited for him. I will be sad after he leaves. But have to show a strong face for both my boys this week. Last year at this EXACT same time, I had to leave Nelson with DH for 2 weeks when Dad was getting his oncology consults. It was a traumatic time for him since he had never been away from me for more than 1 night ever. Nels still remembers it like it was yesterday. (Will always have abandonment issues b/c of adoption at 10 months). Just have to LOVE him through it! Have lots of FUN things planned and will allow a lot of freedom in his choices while he's gone. Let him feel like he has some control in his life. He and I will be fine. It's good for DH to see his mom after 20 years. Just wish I could be there with him, but some things you have to do on your own. It won't be easy. Very emotional time.

I am soooooo tight this week. (sticking to 1000 cal easy) Lost 3 lbs this week! Allergies in an uproar. Walked yesterday after TKD (3 miles). First exercise in days. How many times have I said I am getting back to the frikkin gym??? I know I sound like a broken record. I know some of you can relate.

Glad you guys all got back from your trip to LV ok. Loved the pics. I know some of you are struggling with different things- family, pain, food issues, work stuff. Just remember...(my mom always told me this)

TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO!

We are tough girls! (and new guy) We can do this! Stay strong!!!!!! Keep your chins up. Stay focused. Let's take care of ourselves and get healthy! woot!

I love each and every one of you! If you don't hear from me for the next couple days- don't be alarmed. Gonna take a break from computer and TV, and spend time with DH. :thumbdown:

peasout......................Laura:thumbup:

Hey Gang! I just finished walking. I have training at the gym tonight. I am getting in the groove again. DH is out of town working this week which helps with the eating.

Chris, you new lifestyle is a process. Plan, plan, plan.....You can do this! My son at 35 lost 120 with the band, but did not reach out for support. It is key to success. If enjoy reading.......buy the Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck. It is all about behavior modification.

Good Morning to all....quick post. Helping my guys today. Beautiful day for it....windy but sunshine.

Joyce...how nice of you to share photos and go to the trouble of mailing them all. What a sweetie. Again, just have to tell you what I nice time I had with you on Sunday. All in all a very nice trip. Love my girls!

Julie...hope Mimi gets some results. Good luck with all the wedding plans.

Gotta run but just gotta say....today should be a good day. Things are pretty much figured out and I will be taking action. I am VERY thankful for our very efficient law enforcement center. Being envious of someone else's success whether it is for what the other person has or, for example, their success with the lap band is just something that I will never understand. Focusing on my own life and not obsessing about someone else's success. Being thankful for what I have and helping others when I can gives me purpose.

Will explain when I can. You all have a good day.

Morning gang...... woke up by the phone again.... I'm starting to hate that.... Don't they know I'm a druggy who can't think straight right away !!!LOL....... Anyway, I'm going to try to stay awake and get some things done.... I also woke up with pain.... Doesn't make me expect the best day......The call was from DD and I'm expecting a call for help as she is alone at the daycare and already has 4 babies and no one is scheduled to come in until after school...... I may have to go help her..... Hope not....

:thumbdown::cursing::) My cat won't stay off of my desk so I can type... she's getting o my nerves..... Haven't had my morning popsicle yet...... brushed my teeth and took my meds. but mouth feels like $#@t as per usual these days....

Hey TX, these gals are giving you good advice.... Just hold on............it's quite a journey.....

Laura, take it easy now and just breathe through your hectic schedule.... you'll do great just like always.... Almost called you last night for advice about Mimi.... DD is just very upset about how Mimi is these days and not getting a lot of answers that seem right to her..... But we'll see what the ultrasound does today.....

Apples, have fun being the farmer's helper today.... I know you love it.... We had a gorgeous day yesterday... 84..... it's to be a little cooler today, but still nice... Wish I had more time and energy to take advantage of it..... Have fun..

Arlene, WTG on getting back in the groove..... And give that little Jakob a hug from me for luck.... I'm sure he is gonna do wonderful especially since he has such a nice grandma to help him.....

Well, everyone have a great day.... better get mine started.... I have lots to do.... dishes, laundry, unpacking, paperwork, Laromi, supper and maybe daycare....... I wanted to start baking cakes, but I don't think that will work today... Hugs to all.... Julie

Good morning, looks like fall arrived here in the night. It's cool and drizzly rainy out today after such hot weather. I was so tired last night and must have slept really sound as I never heard the rain and had the window open so it rained in, had a mess to dry and clean up this morning. Plan for the day is loads and loads of laundry so I can pack tomorrow for Maine. DH is in Atlanta but due home this afternoon.

Janet, hate to break it to you, but you were there and even participated in the poop discussion! We discussed pooping, farting and belching since the band. LOL This was before the yoga move demonstration. LOL

Joyce, thank you so much for the pics I appreciate it so much. I was so proud of myself for remembering my camera as I always forget it. But forgot my charger. DUh!!! note to self, don't forget it for Maine!

Arlene, thanks again for the ornament & book.

Also, Apples, thanks for the angel ornament. I am so happy to hear things are coming together for you. You are one tough cookie!

Laura, it's going to be hard when DH leaves, but the homecoming will be so sweet! Try to focus on that and keep busy to make the time go faster.

Julie, sorry you are having pain issues again. Hope they get to the bottom of Mimi's issues.

Cheri, sorry this grieving for Michael is so tough. But you are so strong and so caring.

Linda, nice to hear you got home okay, how was Barry Manilow??

Chris, congrats on getting banded. Remember afterwards when you are off restrictions to always eat your Protein first, it helps so much with Portion Control.

Great LOL ;0) well I did have a little buzz going on and I'm old ;0)

I slept with open windows last night too - but no rain ;0) suppose to be cool again today and warm up Thursday 90's

Julie - LOL our druggie - well hope you don't have to go to school

Laura - Enjoy time w/DH..

Charlene - Can't wait to hear about your training tonite ;0)

Apples - Enjoy your day w/your boys..

LauraK - How are you doing...

Well need to get busy - cbl - Hugs to all

Good Morning Jen S.

Again....you girls understand and will explain later. Was informed I need to acknowledge this person

Janet, I am doing good. Started yoga this week was supposed to go again tonight but it is canceled. Will go walking/running instead.

Going on another date this weekend. Trying to put myself out there and just see what is there. No going backwards.

Hope you all have a good day.

lauraK

Hey, I've come alive...........sort of........... got the bags unpacked and things put where they go, laundry sorted and started, stacks of papework off my desk for the most part, dressed, dishes soaking, and am about ready to watch my soap...... DF took Mimi for ultrasound, they found someone at daycare to help DD and I'm now feeling lots better about my day..... A couple errands to run later....

Laura K, sorry your yoga was cancelled, but you are really getting into the exercise.. good for you.....

Lori, glad you got your rain mess cleaned up.... when do you leave.... tomorrow?? Have fun.... I'm a bit jealous as I told you earlier..... Vermont is my goal someday...

Janet, have a unstressfull day at work.....

Gotta go change loads....Talk to you all later............... Julie

Hey Gang! I just finished walking. I have training at the gym tonight. I am getting in the groove again. DH is out of town working this week which helps with the eating.

Chris, you new lifestyle is a process. Plan, plan, plan.....You can do this! My son at 35 lost 120 with the band, but did not reach out for support. It is key to success. If enjoy reading.......buy the Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck. It is all about behavior modification.

Charlene, WTG on the walking and training! I agree with you about the Beck book. I just took mine out this morning to reread as I have been at the same weight for 6 months now. I am so happy to not have gained but I still have 30-40 pounds to lose. Focus, focus, focus. I have been writing post its as I read to place around my office.

Julie, I hope you and Mimi both get some answers.

Apples, It sure sounds like you have your hands full right now. It also sounds like you have a plan. Be strong.

LauraK- I have been checking around for somewhere to do yoga. I think I would like to give it a try. Good luck on your date.

Charlene, WTG on the walking and training! I agree with you about the Beck book. I just took mine out this morning to reread as I have been at the same weight for 6 months now. I am so happy to not have gained but I still have 30-40 pounds to lose. Focus, focus, focus. I have been writing post its as I read to place around my office.

Julie, I hope you and Mimi both get some answers.

Apples, It sure sounds like you have your hands full right now. It also sounds like you have a plan. Be strong.

LauraK- I have been checking around for somewhere to do yoga. I think I would like to give it a try. Good luck on your date.

I'm a step ahead of it all, Sandi and just waiting to take some action!

I am back from nutrition class. Surprise, surprise......my class was moved to 1pm instead of noon so I can't go. I have to pick up my DGD from Mommy's day out at 2p and that is 30 miles away from class. Another door closed, but the gym is my new open door to success. If I see I am gaining I will join WW and go get a fill. Right now I think your support and the gym will keep me on track. I was going to take my ticker down, but that is my accountability to you.

Now I need to do some chores. I will check in after the trainer session.

Continuing to benefit from all that was shared in LV. Made new grocery list today and a master list of changes that I will incorporate into my life.

Had lunch with fellow bander at a Japanese restaurant and actually tried sushi. (I know Jodi - I failed to try it in LV). Will use that as my Protein -- THEN I DON'T HAVE TO COOK. Yippee

Adapt, adapt........

Will use popcorn as snack in the evening (if needed) and find Bolt Salad Dressing. Karen suggested hard boiled eggs as an ever present snack.

Watch amount of sugar in foods.

Journal again and educate myself on calorie, carbs, etc in foods that work for me.

Buy prepared chicken in deli dept and eat with salad for lunch..

Hope some of these hints will help others who were unable to attend - or refresh ideas for those who need to punch up their weight loss.

Thank you to everyone for tips.

JOyce