Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Lori, so glad to see a hard core criminal do hard time. The justice system worked in you DH's case.

So sorry for you friend's loss. Losing a child any age is tough.

Linda, believe me, I am not a techy. My kids only use text now......so if I want to talk to them I have to text. I will not do twitter. TMI. My oldest DS does and it goes on his FB status. I had to unfriend him because he was junking up the place. I don't want to read about his sports crap.

I need to send you Julie's recipe too. It is really close to pecan pie and really easy. I love Paula Deen's recipes. They are really heavy on the butter, but O so Good!

Well, exDIL came by for a visit. I think she was hoping I would dish about DS's new woman. She reminds me of my dog Charlie. When another dog comes over or he smells another dog on me he goes in my closet and marks his territory.....just to remind me he is in control...and I belong to him....lol.

Linda, I like the sound of that winning the jackpot in Vegas, but I'm just never lucky...... $80 is the most I ever won and it was on a nickel machine...... My husband says he is sending money with me to play the quarter machines like he does...... He thinks that maybe I'll be luckier when he isn't around.... I'm not going to count on it at all....

Lori, you must have missed my question about hot and cold packs on the plane..... what do you think.... Will I get on with the store bought kind???? I'm sure hoping or I could have a very long trip......will have to double up on my drugs and you guys will find me wandering around in the Vegas airport......

I'm like Linda about texting... Still don't know how to use my phone to it's fullest, so texting is something I just don't even want to think about..... Maybe someday..

Lori, sorry about your friends daughter and also happy to hear the sentence on the carjacker.... Truely deserved...... Hope your DD is feeling better soon.... Mine is having alot of the same issues as last time... smells is a bad one for her.... anything strong or perfumey just makes her sick..... And she's also very crabby...... Glad I don't live with her anymore... Poor DF has to put up with it this time.......But he takes it in his stride.... he's a great guy.....

Well, my therapist told me to take it very easy and rest the rest of the day... I lifted Mimi onto a high toilet at her WIC appt today and that set me off on a bad pain attack... It's just starting to calm down now.. Hopefully will be better after he massaged it very welll I definitly have trigger points he says!!! I knew that just didn't know what they were called.....

Time to make a little supper... going simple with a homemade chicken pot pie.....with a nice salad... DH will be happy with that.... You all have a great evening... TTYL...Julie

Julie, sorry I must've missed your original post. A hot and cold pack should be fine just no liquids or gels. Double check at www.tsa.gov and it's all spelled out there. I know some of those packs are gellish inside but gosh I can't imagine that not being okay but tis the gov't. LOL Sorry your DD is feeling yucky. Now what are you doing lifting??? I know sometimes you just gotta.

Linda, my DD is having no morning sickness what so ever, also no appetite though but is forcing herself to eat. I was never techie either but learnt to text just to keep in touch with my kids, now I do it more and more. It's easy and actually I kindda like it at times better than phone calls. LOL I got a phone now that has all the letters I hated it when I had to push a number key 1, 2 or 3 times depending on the letter I wanted.

Well DH is home.

Back after my whirlwind of a day. Thought I didn't have much left to bring home from lake place. B.S.!!!! Car was loaded full. All unloaded and just have to find a place to put it all, do the bedding and laundry but going to do it a bit at a time. I detest disorder so this is going to drive me crazy till I get it sorted and put away.

Lori...said story about your friend's daughter. I feel for them. Nice that you sent a card.

Can you eek out another lunch by pouting???? LOL

Long story short....picked up youngest DS for lunch. On the short 10 mile drive I tried to set up the ground rules on what subject would be off limints. Didn't work. Had just ordered lunch and he was relentless. Threw a $50 on the table, gave him a hug, told him I loved him and walked. I could see him as I drove away standing out in front of restaurant.

Sad part is that he is moving to San Diego this week for a job he got out there. I had his passport and log book, laptop and a few other essentials. He continually texted and called and I let him sit for a couple of hours. He found a ride back to his place after calling a friend.

I just knew I had to drop his things off so I drove out there and the last thing I said to my kid and don't know when I see him next is "You broke your mother's heart". Tough day.

I am not going to let this hang over me while in Vegas. I am going to try and not mention it and just touch on the positives. Best that way.

Thanks for listening.

Oh Julie...Arlene's post reminded me...I think it's wonderful that you helped the kids out with the adoption.

Hello,

I new here just had my surgery 9/22/10. I need someone to talk to and I hope you don't mind it being you :smile2:I am so emotional I knew what I was getting myself into but now that I have done it I found myself thinking what did I do:sad: I'm also having this burping thing going on where I feel like I need to burp but it doesn't happen. It's uncomfortable I hate when it happens :smile: I've read so much on this website at times it helps me to get over this bump I've been feeling. I know that I did the right thing because I want to be health and happy I'm just all messed up right now. I hope this gets better for me.

Lori - great news about sentence for the car jackers. And very sad about your GF's daughter's death.

Karen - an evening of dancing was just what you needed. Time to let loose and play. As adults, we sometimes forget to play. What a bunch of driving you did too. Wow.

Laura - so sorry to miss you this time in LV. Will meet you next trip.

Arlene - got your text - and loved speaking on the phone this morning. New future DIL sounds wonderful.

Julie - hope you enjoyed your neck rub this morning.

Lots of reading to catch up. Busy ladies.

I went to the Plaza  Country Club Plaza | The Country Club Plaza: Kansas City’s Premiere Entertainment District for lunch and met a step sister who I've not seen for a couple years. It was lovely and ate outside under a big umbrella.

May pack tomorrow - getting excited.

Hello,

I new here just had my surgery 9/22/10. I need someone to talk to and I hope you don't mind it being you :smile2:I am so emotional I knew what I was getting myself into but now that I have done it I found myself thinking what did I do:sad: I'm also having this burping thing going on where I feel like I need to burp but it doesn't happen. It's uncomfortable I hate when it happens :smile: I've read so much on this website at times it helps me to get over this bump I've been feeling. I know that I did the right thing because I want to be health and happy I'm just all messed up right now. I hope this gets better for me.

Welcome and congrats on your decision to make your life a healthier one. I think we all went thru the stage you speak about shortly after surgery. Hang in there. Do and eat the way your doc requires you to. Stay strong and keep that attitude where you state you did the right thing.

As far as the burping goes...most likely gas but if you are truly concerned about it, best to give your LB doc's office a call. Best thing for gas is to walk it off. Lots of walking and moving.

Come back to this thread and ask ANY question you might have. We have a rule here.....no such thing as a silly question. :)

Karen - hugs, hugs.....I'm so very sorry about the confrontation with your son. I have no words, except we all love you and support you.

Ahhh, Karen, sorry the lunch with DS didn't go well. I think you did the right thing by setting up the ground rules, at least he knows where it went bad when he insisted on crossing that line. You told him you loved him and left it at that. Our kids can sure break our hearts at times, I've used those exact words a time or two with my two kiddos. Will he listen to DH or other DS?

I'll have to try the pout for another lunch. LOL I did get him to postpone going into his office tomorrow til the boarding place opens for the dogs to help me drop them off. They forget all their manners when they get there and it's so hard to control 2 strong labs by myself.

Thanks Joyce and Lori....just a really bad case of jelousy on his part and an unreasonable attitude. I know I did the right thing but felt like my heart got ripped out. Oh well, we'll see where this takes it. He was always such a well-mannered, very respectful, loving kid. It's all come to a head.

Lori.....no way he will even talk to DH or other DS. He has a real mad-on at them for no good reason. Plain and simple.....acting like a spoiled brat with no good reason. We are hanging tough and will deal.

Nice to vent and now let's talk about happier stuff. Thanks

Hello,

Bander - I felt EXACTLY like you after surgery. What did I do???? Will I ever be able to eat again? What will I be able to eat?

I was banded 2-22-10. That puts me 7 months ahead of you. We are re-learning how to eat in a healthy manner. The band helps us with Portion Control. Be patient and follow your doctors instructions.

Lots of information here with wonderful ladies who are on the same journey.

Good luck to you, sweetie. :)

Happier stuff:

We're going to Vegas, BABY!!!

Bought a pair of black slacks to bring today, got my white capris, jeans and sweater so far.

DS, just called, this isn't so happy, seems him and his g/f are having problems. Drats, I really like this one. Hope they can work it out but if it's meant to be it will, want him happy in the end.

Lori, sorry for your friends loss. I am happy to hear that the carjacker got what he deserved!

Karen, Kids can sure stir things up can't they? Sorry for the drama, I hope it settles down soon.

My day got off to a bad start. :smile: At 5AM I let the dog out. A couple of minutes later he was scratching at the door. I opened the door and immediately closed it in the poor dogs face. Oh My Gosh ~ SKUNK. He had taken a hit. Giving a skunked dog a bath at 5 AM is not fun. The first words out of my mouth when I got to work today was "Do I stink"?:)

Karen, glad you made it home.......sorry about the sour lunch. We will talk in Vegas. HUGS! Oh gonna make your Cherry Nut Cake tomorrow. One more practice before Jakob does it for Real.

Lori, I think I am gonna check a bag. If y'all want to leave early I will take a cab. Just let me know before Friday. Really, I am going to pack tomorrow just to see which bag I am taking.

Janet, where are you this eve......DWTS? I have it on. Michael Bolton sure can sing, but he sucks and dancing.

I love Florence! Of course I was an avid Brady Bunch Fan.

Joyce, glad you had a good visit with step-sis. Two years.....time does fly. See ya soon! Thanks for giving me a call. I am glad you got to hear my new little one squeaking. lol

Bander, I know what you are going through. I couldn't burp either. Take a Gas-X strip 30 min before your meal. It will help. And remember to take that first bite and try to wait for a burp. I call it "first bite syndrome". If I don't get a little burp out......I'll will get stuck.

Julie, Linda.....me too!!!.....we will win this time!!!! I am lucky on the quarters. I won 800 twice on the same machine at the Stratosphere. "Haywire". Then I won a 1000 on a dollar machine. Pretty good return. It is pure luck.

Later ladies, gotta finish my bottle of water....then shower. Oh, I am taking DD and the DGDS to the town center(mall) for a walk and then new shoes. I know I need to do Water aerobics, but my DD needs to get out, and with all the gear she still needs help. I just think it will give her a boost.

Karen - hugs, hugs.....I'm so very sorry about the confrontation with your son. I have no words, except we all love you and support you.
Ahhh, Karen, sorry the lunch with DS didn't go well. I think you did the right thing by setting up the ground rules, at least he knows where it went bad when he insisted on crossing that line. You told him you loved him and left it at that. Our kids can sure break our hearts at times, I've used those exact words a time or two with my two kiddos. Will he listen to DH or other DS?

I'll have to try the pout for another lunch. LOL I did get him to postpone going into his office tomorrow til the boarding place opens for the dogs to help me drop them off. They forget all their manners when they get there and it's so hard to control 2 strong labs by myself.

Lori, sorry for your friends loss. I am happy to hear that the carjacker got what he deserved!

Karen, Kids can sure stir things up can't they? Sorry for the drama, I hope it settles down soon.

My day got off to a bad start. :) At 5AM I let the dog out. A couple of minutes later he was scratching at the door. I opened the door and immediately closed it in the poor dogs face. Oh My Gosh ~ SKUNK. He had taken a hit. Giving a skunked dog a bath at 5 AM is not fun. The first words out of my mouth when I got to work today was "Do I stink"?:thumbup:

Ewwww....we've been so lucky with all the skunks around here....not a spray on the dog thus far. That is a crappy way to start the day, Sandy.:smile: