Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

There I am taking Eva and Apple's advice and practicing my no's! I got a big no to give today too. DD and soon to be DSIL have a puppy. DD's future MIL offered to dog sit while they are on their honeymoon. Well seems she has changed her mind and wants to share the duties with us. And wants us to do it over the wedding brunch? Are you kidding me? I am fixing brunch for 20+ folks on Sat. morning, have out of town guests staying here and she wants to add a puppy? I don't think so. I just can't have a 3rd dog in the house wiht my folks staying here as well. It's a good dog, but something about when it's here with my 2 they chase and get wild all over the house. It affects the balance or something. I don't want to leave DD in a bind but am going to stand as firm as possible!

My folks got in about midnight last night and spent the night here, just made the meet and drop off with one of my sisters that couldn't drive to pick them up last night. She had the nerve to act ticked at me for not telling her they spent the night here and not the airport. Because she woke up in the night feeling guilty. Well she should!!

Okay that's my vent for the day. Thanks for listening gals, if I didn't have this outlet I'd go nuts. But the thing I am most proud of, these 'issues' in the past would have me eating my stress and emotions away. I can't say I am totally innocent in that, I have had my indulgences but I am in so much control too and I am not feeling like I'm not good enough, etc. You gals have helped me so much and just to be able to vent here helps. And I am beginning to see all my 'problems' weren't really all me all this time. I'm not a bad person after all!! Perfect? heck no! But not the bad daughter/sister/etc. I always felt I was either.

Well DD is taking me and the bridal party for pedicures or manicures this afternoon at a wine bar type place. I just might have to have me a glass of wine! Tomorrow rehersal, Friday wedding, and Saturday brunch. One week from Monday....WAIKIKI baby!!!

Lori,

Way to go on the "NO" You get a gold star for today.

Just keep repeating, I AM A WONDERFUL PERSON, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET TO ME! We are all here for you. Have fun with the whole celebration.

Laura K

Lori (Great) - Marvelous job with the "NO". It is impossible to host all your guests AND the puppy. Other arrangements will have to be made.

Boy do I recognize the "eat over my feelings" behavior. Especially when I felt taken advantage of - by not having the guts to say NO.

Doesn't happen anymore - at 67 that is one lesson I have down pat. First response to a request for a favor - let me check and I'll let you know.

That gives me time to think it over and decide if I want to help ---- or not. And to digest, is it my responsibility to help.

I think you are mentally prepared to face whatever comes your way. You go, girlfriend.

Joyce

There I am taking Eva and Apple's advice and practicing my no's! I got a big no to give today too. DD and soon to be DSIL have a puppy. DD's future MIL offered to dog sit while they are on their honeymoon. Well seems she has changed her mind and wants to share the duties with us. And wants us to do it over the wedding brunch? Are you kidding me? I am fixing brunch for 20+ folks on Sat. morning, have out of town guests staying here and she wants to add a puppy? I don't think so. I just can't have a 3rd dog in the house wiht my folks staying here as well. It's a good dog, but something about when it's here with my 2 they chase and get wild all over the house. It affects the balance or something. I don't want to leave DD in a bind but am going to stand as firm as possible!

My folks got in about midnight last night and spent the night here, just made the meet and drop off with one of my sisters that couldn't drive to pick them up last night. She had the nerve to act ticked at me for not telling her they spent the night here and not the airport. Because she woke up in the night feeling guilty. Well she should!!

Okay that's my vent for the day. Thanks for listening gals, if I didn't have this outlet I'd go nuts. But the thing I am most proud of, these 'issues' in the past would have me eating my stress and emotions away. I can't say I am totally innocent in that, I have had my indulgences but I am in so much control too and I am not feeling like I'm not good enough, etc. You gals have helped me so much and just to be able to vent here helps. And I am beginning to see all my 'problems' weren't really all me all this time. I'm not a bad person after all!! Perfect? heck no! But not the bad daughter/sister/etc. I always felt I was either.

Well DD is taking me and the bridal party for pedicures or manicures this afternoon at a wine bar type place. I just might have to have me a glass of wine! Tomorrow rehersal, Friday wedding, and Saturday brunch. One week from Monday....WAIKIKI baby!!!

You hang in there, sista! Vent away.....we are here for ya!

jbflorida - sorry about the dull, selfish date. I did laugh with comment the dog would have been better.

Well - I'm proud to have now gone to 3 movies without popcorn.

Didn't think I could do it.

Snow is starting. yuk

Joyce, I take a big purse with my 100 calorie pack popcorn popped and put in a large plastic bag.

Well girls!!!! Long time since I've been on! I'm so sorry! Everything is so hectic lately with work, school, moving, friends having babies, etc. I just wanted to stop in and let all of you know how much I miss all of you and this site.

Today, after my band was filled too tight yesterday, I realized just how much I have missed all of you and your opinions and input. They are really crucial to this journey. I remember once reading (i forget who posted it) that you are more successful if you keep up on this site and post. Well, I logged on today and saw that I haven't been on since mid February! Besides feeling terrible that I have not been here for all of you, I realized how much I've needed all of you. Usually in a month, I have been losing about 10 lbs a month. Well, this last month and a half, I have only lost 5 pounds! I am doing better with my weight, as I have 31 pounds left, but I really really understand just how much all of you help me and one another when we are in a bind and just to chit-chat with lifes struggles.

I think that it is so important to come in and check in every day, or at least every other day to keep accountable to ourselves and to one another. This is my resolution.

Thank you to all of you!

Love you!

Meredith

I have missed you girl. I know you have been busy but at least try to check in with us and let us know how you are doing even if it is a fly by. 31 pounds left that is awesome

Good Evening Gang

Eva - Ya $$$ with no work - sounds good to me - Don't know when my work is going to lighten up - But Friday is my Furlough day - so I have a 3 day weekend with no plans !!!! Well I may go hang w/gf on Saturday - candy she makes me laugh.. WTG on 218

Great - WTG on the no - oh Hell no on brunch sunday - and your sister should feel guility - OMG I would never allow my parents to spend the night in an airport - Hawaii - lucky girl..

I need a vacation like that...

Meredith - Glad to see you back :0) we missed you.

Charlene - love it - had to go exercise WTG

Linda - How are you doing??? Glad to ssee you back..

I eat movie popcorn when I go to the movies - but hell I go about once or twice a year ;0)

LauraK - Sounds like a body bugg - a lot of pple get them I'm not into net cal vs exercise (ate 1200 cal - burned 600 cal = 600 cal for the day) that way of thinking would have me eating more - when I logged my exercise - it was in the bank ;0) - Yep I bet zumba would burn alot of calories ..

Julie - I get my hair trimmed tomorrow nite - haven't had a cut in a long time - letting it grow. do you know when you get your mri

Apples - Hugs have fun - I know you have left already..

Laura - Hugs on the tummy issues

Melissa - I feel your work issues - I am having my own - I gotta say though today I didn't come home with knots in my shoulders -

Tomorrow is my Furlough day - and starting in April only 1 furlough day a month - I guess w/the girl quiting they aren't replacing her - so I guess they are going have enough $$ to pay us for an extra days work -

Well gang - don't know who I missed - not intentional - it's 8:30 and I need to go eat - had gym tonite then had to go by target -

Hugs

Oh girls, how I really have missed you!

Lori~ Girl, tell them how it is! It sounds like they take advantage and walk all over you. Saying "no" is such a good thing. Sometimes it makes people step back a bit and realize.

Laura~ Hope you are doing better. There is nothing cute about the stomach flu. Hugs.

Apples~ I called the dr this morning after not being able to drink my boost for Breakfast and almost passing out at aerobics from being malnourished for 2 days. Apparently the receptionist didn't think that it was the urgent and gave me an appointment for NEXT Wednesday! I would like her to feel like this for about 10 minutes! So I then called the gal that is in charge of bariatrics. Miraculously she was able to get me in at 11 today! Thank goodness because my throat was burning so badly from the acid (and everything else) coming up. SO, the doc took half out of what he put in, but now I'm still not restricted enough again. Hmmmm. I'm playing that .1 cc at a time game apparently.

Janet~ I have missed all of you so much! Sorry.

Melissa~ Hang in there with the work stuff. I'm glad to be back.

Julie~ Good new about the MRI business! You've been waiting on this for awhile! So happy to be with you girls again.

Ok, I need some rest, but first I have to make Andrews lunch for work. He got a JOB!!!!! Yipee!!! I think that this is his 3rd or 4th week. Not making as much as he used to, but its a job, and its better than unemployment. Plus, health benefits! We're talking about getting engaged soon. We'll see, I'm in NO rush! Everything is great just the way it is.

Good night all.

Love you.

Meredith

oh no.....no no no...I hear you. NO...I know what having an extra dog around during a celebration of dinner..My sister brings her two dogs that I rescued and she adopted where ever she goes. Last passover she brought them with....and my dog being here....oh dear it was a mess. They were running around after each other barking and barking at everything. With about ten people in a small apt with three dogs?? No no no. I hear you and you are right....you have the right idea,,how nice can you be?? I think you are being soo amazing with all the plans for the wedding...you are entitled to say no....to any more complications!

Good luck with all the celebrations!! Enjoy.

I have a stomach flu (or other GI virus)! I was up ALL night last night with diarrhea (at least 25 times) The ONLY positive thing about this is the scale read 216 this morning! (just dehydration). I am on Clear Liquids only for the day- giving my gut a rest. uggghhhhh. misery. Must have picked up something Tuesday when I volunteered at the school... cuz last night everything I ate- DH ate and he's fine.

Gotta go! (geez)

I hope you feel better soon!!! Good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery soon!!!

Hi there, I've been working at my computer gettng my new church books on my system and such.. All done now and ready to do things my way... the guy who did it before me has been doing it for about 50 years... But it's a snap for me with my background....

Great, you go girl..... Say no and say it loud... It's a hard thing to do for most of us.... so we're behind you.... time is sure flying by....

Meredith... so nice to have you.... yes, you take all the time you need to get engaged... Ask Great about the problems that can happen if you don't talk things through very well before getting married... Gladly things have worked out for her DD and the wedding is now on Friday.... but you have lots of time to make sure you both are on the same page about all the important stuff.... especially money...... glad you got to see the doc.. Hope you will be better soon....

Janet, I have my MRI tomorrow at 4:30... I have a long day in Bismarck.. Have PT at 8:30..... then have to waste time until 1;00 when DH and DD and Mimi will meet me at the clinic.. Both DH and Mimi see the ENT guy..... then they will leave again and I will wait for my MRI at 4:30 and then come home... DD has a date...... someone she met on Match.com.. she is nervous.... She has had such bad luck in the past with men... I've got my prayers said that she will have a good time... She doesn't have to marry the guy!!!!! He has a 2 year old daughter, too.....

Laura, hope you are feeling better soon... no fun running to bathroom every other minute....

Linda, good way to do popcorn at a movie... I hate paying the prices they charge for popcorn and soda... My goodness....... it's outrageous....

Well, better try to sleep... Early morning for me with a long day... Taking a book and a pillow so I can nap in the car......

Hugs and prayers to everyone... Julie

Laura....sorry you aren't feeling well...guess your statement of you gotta really means you gotta go!! Feel better friend.

Lori....good for you....just say no!!! The puppy can go to a kennel for a day or two if necessary. Dog packs can wreck havoc and especially with a puppy. Sounds like you might actually have fun with the "spa" treatment...enjoy yourself. You have lots of work a head of you!!

Meredith...hope you find that perfect fill spot. You will and WTG with being 30 pounds from goal. Glad Andrew got a job, it's really tough these days. How's the new house?

Met my sisters and nephew for dinner and we did a little walk around afterwards...that was nice. I'm really tired right now again and can't think straight, so off to bed I go and I'll chat with you all later.

Eva

Good Morning Gang

Up early so thought I would ck in

Julie - what are they going to mri - neck shoulder - yep sounds like you have a long day 4:30 p.m. Well at least you are getting it.. Have a safe trip ...

Meredith - Congrats on Andrew getting a job - and yep it's a job w/benefits that's great..

Great since I have a 3rd dog (puppy)- I know what you mean it upsets the balance of the house - Enjoy your pedicure ;0) - The wedding is on Friday - What time - can't wait to see the pic. Hawaii - can I go in your suitcase - I need the beach

Well not much to report since last night - oh ya Protein here I was laying in bed last night thinking I had to tell you all this..

Pure Protein makes a pre-made pt drink - I have tried the banana cream 150 c and 21 grms pt - I put it in a blender w/ice and a little banana - LOVE it..

Well yesterday after gym went to GNC to get some - felt like a shake (healthy treat) well they didn't have any. So while at target I bought the vanilla (never tried it before) and a banana - well last nite - didn't feel like fish - ate my veggies then made a shake - the vanilla has 100 cal 21 grms pt - I put it in my ninja - with a tablespoon Peanut Butter (80 cal) and the banana - mixed it up then added the ice - OMG it made 2 glasses of shake - and it was to die for.. No pt taste or smell. I use Unjury after surgery and it had that smell and after taste

I think pure pt makes a powder - not sure will have to ck it out- but I love the pre-made shakes in a can.. With the vanilla you can add anything you want - I have some strawberries I might try this a.m. and it's filling - that's all I had last nite - veggies and the shake - and no other snacking - that's unusual for me - but also I really wasn't that hungry last night for some reason - but I will take it anytime over being starving

Morning gang,

Well, I'm off to see the wizard.... Let's hope he has something in his little bag of tricks to help me.... Won't be back home till evening, so you all have a great day.... Julie

Good morning everyone,

I am busy busy and busy. Getting my packing done. But still things are tense around here. My inlaws have their own house and a house owned by the church. They actually live in the one owned by the church and in june will be allowing missionaries on furlow to use the house they actually own. Now that we are moving out MIL in panicking and telling us we need to move her furniture for the missionaries too. We have so much on our plate right now that I think it needs to wait. She wants it done sunday even though they won't be here for another 2-3 months. My husband won't tell her no but he wants to gripe about it to me. If hubby is off on sunday then we have things we need to do for ourselves. We still need some furniture so it will be a good time for us to peruse thrift stores and outlets trying to find what we need. I just tell myself it is almost over. Really I only have 1 week left here because I will be out of town after that then moving.

Also still having troubles with karate at my sons school. I have been going the past few weeks because he refuses to go without me. I have seen that the children are just going wild in there, knocking each other down and kicking each other. Tuesday a girl was kicking another child so I asked her to stop. Her Dad came in and got very upset and threatened me that I had better not get onto his child again. So we called the school and told them we are taking jake out of karate and just why and also explained that I was threatened by another parent. They are begging us not to take him out the director said she was going to start going to karate to see whats happening in there. We aren't sure what to do. Jake hates going now and it has become a safety issue. Should we be forcing him to go? Even seeing that we are uncomfortable with it. He has worked hard in there and is only 2 months away from getting his blue belt. I do want him to get the reward for his hard work but not getting hurt in the proccess. I also feel like the school is ignoring the fact that this man threatened me. What should I expect them to do though?

My weight is fluctuating like crazy. I lost 7 pounds last week, from sunday to sunday. I am going to the doc friday for a fill and am concerned that I have gained 5 since sunday. It is looking as though I haven't lost any weight since my last fill.

I bought a new love seat yesterday. I got it from a thrift store but it looks brand new. We decided to get a loveseat and recliner instead of a couch. We think it will fit the space better. I am so excited to be getting out on our own again. I also got some new dishes. The kmart closest to us is closing so everything was marked way down. We get our keys on the 10th. We will be moving all our boxes and the on the 15th someone has offered to help us move the furniture. So our official first day in the new place will be the 15th.

Well, I gotta get off to school. Thursdays are my long days at school. I don't get home till 9:30-10:00pm.