Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey Everyone,

Went to the Dr Today he said I was doing well we took out the .4cc he put in the band in Jan too much reflux and soft food syndrome and pbing. I feel better. I was honest and said I have not really been exercising so he said I need to do at least 30 minutes a day and 1000 calories or less to keep losing but no more than 1200 if I am exercising a lot. I said I fell off the wagon so to speak and he encouraged me to get back on so back to writing in a journal the thing I hate doing with a passion. Thanks ladies for all your help with everything I am experiencing I could not make it this far without you guys.

I can't wait till we plan another trip.

Melissa- soooo glad u went for an unfill. I have been thinking of doing the same the last 4 days. If I eat after 7, then I have reflux too. It has been a great negative reinforcement. After 1 night of being up all night with heartburn- I am not snacking @ night anymore. I am tight but can't eat too much so I like that.

Apples- I love malt vinegar too. (Always have though) esp on fish. Since banding I love Soups ans stews- never was a fan before. I always liked yogurt but now love it. Soynuts are new- love them. Also tofu and soymilk.

Carline- cbl...peas

Apples, my new favorites since banding are

Navy Beans

oatmeal

Cream of Wheat

Yogurt

egg white pancake( sounds gross, but it is delish)

sweet potato

Charlene...are the egg white pancakes the ones made with steel cut oats?????

Hey Everyone,

Went to the Dr Today he said I was doing well we took out the .4cc he put in the band in Jan too much reflux and soft food syndrome and pbing. I feel better. I was honest and said I have not really been exercising so he said I need to do at least 30 minutes a day and 1000 calories or less to keep losing but no more than 1200 if I am exercising a lot. I said I fell off the wagon so to speak and he encouraged me to get back on so back to writing in a journal the thing I hate doing with a passion. Thanks ladies for all your help with everything I am experiencing I could not make it this far without you guys.

I can't wait till we plan another trip.

Hope things settle down for you, Melissa. Just cannot have the reflux thing going on...miserable. And, you gotta live life and be comfortable and not always on watch for that reflux. That window is so small between good restriction and too much restriction (IMHO).

Jump back in and move, stick to your daily cals and document your daily foods. It really does make a big difference to hold a person accountable. And, we are always here when you need or want to talk.

Melissa- soooo glad u went for an unfill. I have been thinking of doing the same the last 4 days. If I eat after 7, then I have reflux too. It has been a great negative reinforcement. After 1 night of being up all night with heartburn- I am not snacking @ night anymore. I am tight but can't eat too much so I like that.

Apples- I love malt vinegar too. (Always have though) esp on fish. Since banding I love Soups ans stews- never was a fan before. I always liked yogurt but now love it. Soynuts are new- love them. Also tofu and soymilk.

Carline- cbl...peas

Oh and me too on the soynuts...we always got them every Christmas from our agricultural tile provider...a huge tray every year. Nobody ate them and they would eventually go in the garbage. Now, I protect my soynuts.:o

Maybe a little unfill would do you good also, Laura. Sounds like you might have just a little too much of a fill. Like I stated to Melissa, not a good thing to be on guard watching for the nightly reflux. I would rather be hungry than worry about it.

I had to do a double take with you signing out on your post....thought you were signing out as Carline. New name? Got it!

OMG, the crazy times have begun. Haven't had time to check in over the weekend, things have hit full speed ahead with wedding planning, moving, DH out of town (he's back), parents coming tomorrow, etc. etc. etc. But Apples, you gave me the laugh of the day. I was reading really fast trying to catch up and in your last post you said you were protecting your soynuts. I read that you were protecting your boys nuts. LOL Okay i am a little embarassed I wrote that, but it was funny here anyway.

Things I eat now that I didn't prebanding:

BREAKFAST! never ate it

eggs

yogurt

protein bars

Deb, I am getting a techie in the family on Friday, my new SIL is a computer geek by profession. Sure is nice to have all our electronics working. I feel like my parents were VCRs first came out and theirs always blinked 12:00 because they didn't know how to set the time and I laughed at them. Please forgive me as I feel that way now! LOL

Apples, have fun shopping for the MOB dress. I am anxious to wear mine. I also actually purchased a dress for the rehersal dinner. I don't own a dress at all til now. I actually have 3 to try on and am letting DH pick out the winner and will return the others. They were 50% off til noon on Sat. so I couldn't decide and brought them all home. Hate my legs and my knee scars, but what the heck.

Melissa, there is such a fine line between too tight and not tight enough. I am right there now. I am .50 cc's away from where I was at my tightest but it was a tad too tight, had refulx issues occassionally. But where I am at now is too lose, I can eat way too much. So I am debating on compromising with .25cc's. I am wondering though if that is even enough to do anything. I have an appt in April.

Well gotta go, here DH coming home, haven't seen him since Thurs. I will be scarcy and just flying by for the next week or two!! Send me good wedding day vibes please!!

OMG, the crazy times have begun. Haven't had time to check in over the weekend, things have hit full speed ahead with wedding planning, moving, DH out of town (he's back), parents coming tomorrow, etc. etc. etc. But Apples, you gave me the laugh of the day. I was reading really fast trying to catch up and in your last post you said you were protecting your soynuts. I read that you were protecting your boys nuts. LOL Okay i am a little embarassed I wrote that, but it was funny here anyway.

Things I eat now that I didn't prebanding:

BREAKFAST! never ate it

eggs

yogurt

protein bars

Deb, I am getting a techie in the family on Friday, my new SIL is a computer geek by profession. Sure is nice to have all our electronics working. I feel like my parents were VCRs first came out and theirs always blinked 12:00 because they didn't know how to set the time and I laughed at them. Please forgive me as I feel that way now! LOL

Apples, have fun shopping for the MOB dress. I am anxious to wear mine. I also actually purchased a dress for the rehersal dinner. I don't own a dress at all til now. I actually have 3 to try on and am letting DH pick out the winner and will return the others. They were 50% off til noon on Sat. so I couldn't decide and brought them all home. Hate my legs and my knee scars, but what the heck.

Melissa, there is such a fine line between too tight and not tight enough. I am right there now. I am .50 cc's away from where I was at my tightest but it was a tad too tight, had refulx issues occassionally. But where I am at now is too lose, I can eat way too much. So I am debating on compromising with .25cc's. I am wondering though if that is even enough to do anything. I have an appt in April.

Well gotta go, here DH coming home, haven't seen him since Thurs. I will be scarcy and just flying by for the next week or two!! Send me good wedding day vibes please!!

Good vibes have been sent, Great! Have a great week with family and just ENJOY the wedding and try not to stress with the smaller things that don't matter.

And....gave those boys the job of protecting their own nuts quite a few years ago. :o

I couldn't give my DH the job of helping pick out a dress. I would be all cleavage and legs. :tt1:

Charlene...are the egg white pancakes the ones made with steel cut oats?????

I never did try the recipe with steel cut. I used quick oats.

1/4c egg white

1/4c quick oats

1 tbsp sf jam

I never did try the recipe with steel cut. I used quick oats.

1/4c egg white

1/4c quick oats

1 tbsp sf jam

Silly question, Arlene...do you mix the jam into the mixture b/4 cooking? And, pretty band friendly? Looks to me like about 150 calories per serving????

Great - sending good vibes from K.C. for the next two weeks. May the wedding be beautiful and may there be wonderful memories created with family and friends.

Sincerely,

Joyce

Silly question, Arlene...do you mix the jam into the mixture b/4 cooking? And, pretty band friendly? Looks to me like about 150 calories per serving????

Yes, just mix it in. I use Smucker's SF Blueberry. I also spray an 8" pan. It makes it easier to turn. I figured 150c or less. You can drizzle with SF maple Syrup.< /p>

Hi.......... have a little time to check in while Mimi is sleeping.. didn't get to sleep until 5:00 and finally fell asleep on the couch.. DH just got up and went out and I didn't actually get up until 11:00..... Wow..... I guess I was zonked..... I'm also trying to not get a cold that DH and Mimi have... Have that dang tickle back in my throat and sinuses.... Drinking my Airborne now...

Best wishes Laurie, to you and yours while you go through all the events to come... I'm sure it will be a wonderful time and then you will soon find yourself sunning on the beach in Hawaii...... You're gonna look beautiful... Can't wait for pictures....

Melissa, glad you had a good check up.. Hoping the unfill makes your days better.. I know you are so busy at work... Take good care of yourself....

Laura, dont' worry about the 3 pounds... they'll be gone soon.... And you were right.... I've been 277 for three days in a row now... Guess it's really gone... I hope it's just a prelude of things to come....

Arlene, is that raw oats???? I suppose, but have to ask.... I've seen someone sprinkle raw oats on a regular pancake once when it was on the griddle... I've never tried it...

I can't think of anything that is new for me really.... except I buy more carefully that I used to.... I don't do sugar-free or low-fat..... I used to love Diet Coke and now can't drink it..........can't stand the taste even if I could have the fizz..... I eat more Cereal now than before... the healthier stuff....

Joyce, were the eggs the best you ever ate???? It's so good to get to real food again, isn't it...?? Have fun trying the new soft things....

We have 40's and rain today... the snow is going pretty fast, but no flooding here by us... Glad yours has receded, Apples... Did DS get his house back in order??

Well, I have supper in the oven.... chicken breast that needed to be cooked.............. hoping they will be nice and moist, otherwise I won't get it down I suppose... Will do some kind of potatoes.... American fries are DH's favorite... (cooked potates, sliced and fried..) and some steamed brocolli for me...

Hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying the spring!!! Like Apples said, we still have to have the winter gear ready around here.... Take care..... TTYL... Julie

Hi.......... have a little time to check in while Mimi is sleeping.. didn't get to sleep until 5:00 and finally fell asleep on the couch.. DH just got up and went out and I didn't actually get up until 11:00..... Wow..... I guess I was zonked..... I'm also trying to not get a cold that DH and Mimi have... Have that dang tickle back in my throat and sinuses.... Drinking my Airborne now...

Best wishes Laurie, to you and yours while you go through all the events to come... I'm sure it will be a wonderful time and then you will soon find yourself sunning on the beach in Hawaii...... You're gonna look beautiful... Can't wait for pictures....

Melissa, glad you had a good check up.. Hoping the unfill makes your days better.. I know you are so busy at work... Take good care of yourself....

Laura, dont' worry about the 3 pounds... they'll be gone soon.... And you were right.... I've been 277 for three days in a row now... Guess it's really gone... I hope it's just a prelude of things to come....

Arlene, is that raw oats???? I suppose, but have to ask.... I've seen someone sprinkle raw oats on a regular pancake once when it was on the griddle... I've never tried it...

I can't think of anything that is new for me really.... except I buy more carefully that I used to.... I don't do sugar-free or low-fat..... I used to love Diet Coke and now can't drink it..........can't stand the taste even if I could have the fizz..... I eat more cereal now than before... the healthier stuff....

Joyce, were the eggs the best you ever ate???? It's so good to get to real food again, isn't it...?? Have fun trying the new soft things....

We have 40's and rain today... the snow is going pretty fast, but no flooding here by us... Glad yours has receded, Apples... Did DS get his house back in order??

Well, I have supper in the oven.... chicken breast that needed to be cooked.............. hoping they will be nice and moist, otherwise I won't get it down I suppose... Will do some kind of potatoes.... American fries are DH's favorite... (cooked potates, sliced and fried..) and some steamed brocolli for me...

Hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying the spring!!! Like Apples said, we still have to have the winter gear ready around here.... Take care..... TTYL... Julie

Julie, they are Quaker's quick oats. Just put them in dry with the egg white and jam.