Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks, peeps, for all the birthday wishes.......makes me Happy!

I went to the GP and got my EKG done for the weight loss plan. Now, I have an appt with Dr. Davis on Friday.

Janet, we went out Saturday night to a steakhouse. I had a slice of fried Tomato, onion Soup without the cheese, 6oz fillet, and broccoli. You could almost cut the steak with a fork. I only ate half of it, but I did bring it home and ate it yesterday.

Jodi, best wishes on a successful surgery and quick recovery. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks, peeps, for all the birthday wishes.......makes me Happy!

I went to the GP and got my EKG done for the weight loss plan. Now, I have an appt with Dr. Davis on Friday.

Janet, we went out Saturday night to a steakhouse. I had a slice of fried Tomato, onion Soup without the cheese, 6oz fillet, and broccoli. You could almost cut the steak with a fork. I only ate half of it, but I did bring it home and ate it yesterday.

Jodi, best wishes on a successful surgery and quick recovery. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Arlene..happy to hear you are HAPPY on your bday. Excited to hear about your new plan with Doc Davis. :thumbup:

Happy Birthday Arlene

And Happy Rebirthday to NYSparkle tommorrow.

I did the C25K day 1 today. I actually did it. I jogged. It was over before I was expecting it to be. It seemed so quick. Not easy but quick. I found out there is a track at my campus. So I did it there. On Wed and Fri I can do it at home (with more shade and privacy). I was a little self conscience about my butt bouncing around behind me but I forgot about that quickly as I got into the music.

I told my MIL about my C25K. I told her I wanted to do it but wasn't confident about it. She was so supportive and said she knew I could it would just take some work. Hubby gave me a look like HUH? a 5k? Then when I explained the conditioning he was supportive too. I am trying to find a 5k to register for so I have a definative goal. I found one in Madiera Beach S. FL. But still trying to find one closer to home so my family can be there. When I get to that point it will be a huge deal for me and I want to have people there to cheer me on and Celebrate with me as I cross the finish line. Still trying to talk hubby into a Y membership.

I got a paper today from Jake's school about graduation. I almost cried just reading it. He will be graduating from prek. Already! I feel I have missed out on stuff because I got sick and checked out for awhile. I am not ready for him to be in school. My tune will probably change though by the end of our summer together. Alot of changes going on here. Just gotta get through them one day at a time. Looking at the big picture though our life is starting to turn around. We are moving out, Don found a job he loves, I'm in school, adopting a new healthy lifestyle, losing weight. I can't wait to see where we are in 2 years.

Don was in school to become and electrician and the minute he graduated things went down hill. He lost his job because he became too expensive. So we moved to NC so he could go to a seminary there. We lived in the dorms with a 2 year old and felt cramped so we bought a house. Then came the drought and my illness at the same time. Don lost his job, dropped out of school and we lost our house. Then, we had to move in with his parents. He got a job here but lost it due to lack of work a few months later. I can't wait to be on our own again. It means so much to me. I better get off cause I am tearing up. I am so tired today.

Jessica...what a proud moment for you to complete your 5K. Good for you also for looking forward to your new life instead of back. Sh_t happens in life and the economy has put a lot of young ppl such as yourselves in situations that your might see as less than desirable. You are very lucky that your in-laws had the capability and love to make room for your family in their lives. You have shared your difficult times that comes with living with family and I completely understand where you are coming from in it all. But, just look at all the POSITIVE steps you have taken in the short few months that you have been sharing your life with us. You get the gold start for the day!

Hey gang

Linda Yep I got the yolpait greek yogurt Saturday and yesertday I got Chobani greek yogurt 6 oz (non fat) at Target $1.39- vanilla - 120 cal 16 grms pt - I like it mixed w/garnola - don't think I would like it on it's own - well would have to add some slpenda & more vanilla.. It's thick like sour cream. I can see why they say use it in place of sour cream. I will have to try the other flavors - I ate Breakfast around 10 and I was hungry at noon - Mex shrimp cocktail

Charlene - Glad you have haveing a good bday :0) - Ya having ekg for weight loss plan - Ya that's werid ;o)

Apples - Junk up our thread all you want girl !!!! How cute with the mini bunts :0) Sounds good even though I'm full - but never too full for chocolate ;0)... I agree w/teenage yrs but gotta say my DS had issue up untl 2 yrs ago - but am thankfull all is well now.. Takes some longer than others to grow up. How are you doing??

Jodi - I agree Ninja is better than the bullett - I love the ninja...

Laurak - I got my ninja from QVC - I love it...

Laura - 2 hrs is some free time - can't beleive your DH was a bear ;o) - yep addiction is addiction no matter what it it - I have both food and smoking ;0) - the food is 98% under control - and one day I will quit smoking - but right now don't want to..

Well gotta get back to work - later chickies

Happy Birthday Arlene

And Happy Rebirthday to NYSparkle tommorrow.

I did the C25K day 1 today. I actually did it. I jogged. It was over before I was expecting it to be. It seemed so quick. Not easy but quick. I found out there is a track at my campus. So I did it there. On Wed and Fri I can do it at home (with more shade and privacy). I was a little self conscience about my butt bouncing around behind me but I forgot about that quickly as I got into the music.

I told my MIL about my C25K. I told her I wanted to do it but wasn't confident about it. She was so supportive and said she knew I could it would just take some work. Hubby gave me a look like HUH? a 5k? Then when I explained the conditioning he was supportive too. I am trying to find a 5k to register for so I have a definative goal. I found one in Madiera Beach S. FL. But still trying to find one closer to home so my family can be there. When I get to that point it will be a huge deal for me and I want to have people there to cheer me on and Celebrate with me as I cross the finish line. Still trying to talk hubby into a Y membership.

I got a paper today from Jake's school about graduation. I almost cried just reading it. He will be graduating from prek. Already! I feel I have missed out on stuff because I got sick and checked out for awhile. I am not ready for him to be in school. My tune will probably change though by the end of our summer together. Alot of changes going on here. Just gotta get through them one day at a time. Looking at the big picture though our life is starting to turn around. We are moving out, Don found a job he loves, I'm in school, adopting a new healthy lifestyle, losing weight. I can't wait to see where we are in 2 years.

Don was in school to become and electrician and the minute he graduated things went down hill. He lost his job because he became too expensive. So we moved to NC so he could go to a seminary there. We lived in the dorms with a 2 year old and felt cramped so we bought a house. Then came the drought and my illness at the same time. Don lost his job, dropped out of school and we lost our house. Then, we had to move in with his parents. He got a job here but lost it due to lack of work a few months later. I can't wait to be on our own again. It means so much to me. I better get off cause I am tearing up. I am so tired today.

Jewel....old jewish proverb that we use today when you move.......

"Changing your place means it will also change your luck!

Good Luck!!

Jodi

Hey, my Mimi is napping so I'm going to take a chance and post before she wakes up.....

Apples, I'm not sure what I have in response to your idea about something that works for each of us... With all the problems I've had medically in the last year, I've rather lost touch with the things that were working so well for me the first 8 months of my journey.. I was just so ready for a change and the band and all the rules were very easy to follow... It was a blessing to have this new life and a gift to watch the scale drop and drop... Then when I nearly died from the abscess in my abdomen things changed.. I was lucky to be alive and very greatful.....but weak and needy... and it has continued with medical issues so long that I have lost touch with the feelings I first had.... I now find the rules more difficult to follow and need the band to do more of the work than I did at first... Anyway, I gotta get my groove back in order to lose the rest of this weight.... I am blessed with having no weight gain in the past year and small losses along the way. So, all in all, I guess I'm going to give God credit for all the blessings I've had on my journey.... I'm 110 pounds lighter and I'm alive and still kicking... No small feat..... The rest is yet to come and with His help, I'll get where I should be..... And with all of you... Sorry, Apples, if that wasn't what you really were after.... But I guess it's where I'm at....

Jessica, WTG on your first day of c25k...... That is way cool and you're so doing the right things for yourself.... Yes, and our babies do grow up.... I remember well when DD was like your DS..... Now she has her own almost 3 year old.... Where did the time go? When people tell you to enjoy each stage of their lives because they are soon into another one, they are very right.... Time has a way of flying by..... So, enjoy this stage.... the next is right around the corner!!

Janet.... I have a question.... If I don't like regular yogurt will I like this greek stuff???? I can't do regular.... I can do Yoplait Whips.... that's it..... Something about the culture and the texture gets me bad...... I hear you all talk about this stuff and wonder but just don't know...

Good girl, Laura, step away from the cookies..... I have to do that with certain kinds of bread.... Can't have it around.. I made some biscuits for company the other night and didn't eat any, but there were leftovers... DH was smart enough to take them for sandwiches in his lunch the next day..... I went to find one and they were gone....AHHHHHHHHHH.... they were gone!!!!!!!!!... Thank goodness and DH....... cux I would have eaten one... I could hear them calling me in my mind....

Linda, sounds like you had a good weekend.... And Arlene has had a good birthday so far.. Glad you are feeling so good about your decision to do this new plan.

Well, I'm pushing it here as Mimi has been asleep over 2 hours and she'll be up soon... Better get moving... gotta plan some supper.. Pork roast, but need to plan the rest... TTYL................ Julie

Apples, I just noticed how close we are to page 600 on here... You were so proud of being the last post on 500 and the first on 501 or whatever it was.... We'll see if you can follow that up a hundred pages later.... Odd that it seems like that happend such a short time ago..... but don't remember the date... Must have been before summer or after...... I'll have to check...... Just wondered if you noticed.....

Gosh, it was only in January..... I'm amazed that we could do 100 pages in that short of a time.... We're a gabby bunch...... but fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apples - I admire you for staying busy and looking for the positives in your life. A wonderful tool.

Jewell - way to go with the 5K - can't beleive it was over before you knew it. What a wonderful way to relax your mind and focus. You have faced so much in the past few years, I would also like to give you a gold star.

Such wonderful ladies here.

I enjoyed my first meal in a restaurant at lunch today with DD and granddaughter. Feb. 8th I began the pre-op program, so it has been a long time coming.

Rain expected here all week, so I made it a point to enjoy outside today.

Joyce

Janet...struggling but am a believer in grief and experiencing it and the different stages it brings. I am having a "angry" day.

Julie....yes...exactly why I asked everyone to share. You have such a way of expressing and that's EXACTLY what we all look forward to here. You always seem to hit the nail on the head on your feelings and the struggles you are going through. You HAVE done well to go through what you have and still have lost 110lbs. No small feat. We all learn by others experience and pick up on things others have gone through and how they handle those situations. I am so careful NOT to share certain things sometimes because I am not the norm and I don't want someone that is lurking or that does not understand my situation to think it okay to eat the amount I do a day or that it is okay to get up at 3am and eat a big bowl of oatmeal. Did you ever notice that I always say "When I was in the weightloss stage"...and then add my 2 cents. Holy Hell! If a newbie just started reading this help thread and read that a person can eat 3,000 cals a day on maintenance and spread that around???? LOL. Thanks for sharing.

OK...we played this game when we were on page 499....the last person to post on page 599 wins the game. You don't get crap for a prize but I bet a lot of congrats

I even have the "Junking up the thread" song set to music in my head all day. I need to go back to therapy