Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Teaching one special needs child can be as stressful as a class of 30! Good luck. It makes me sad that someone so young should be so angry--what went on in his life to make him that way.

I hope the LB "sons" are all better now. All of us aunties worry.

The show was fun. Six more performances to go--this coming weekend and next. The cast went out afterwards--I had a salad, PB twice, and then fine.

I am going to the doc today. I wondered if I need a bit of an unfill. Sometimes, I can eat just fine! QUESTION: Can you be at a good fill and STILL PB occasionally? Or does a PB automatically mean too tight?

Then I will see the Plastic Surg to check on my arms. He might want to do a revision on the scars--what does that mean?? I want him to know that I am not as happy with the breast lift as I thought I would be. I want PERKY! I paid for perky! Not that anyone, but Julie, saw them---TMI.

How's that for my conclusion?

Hey Gang

Drive by post - got home yesterday - showered ate - watched a little tv and then went to bed - still pooped - I don't think I am leaving the house this next weekend..

crzytchr; You are a saint.

I would have said...uh no. no no no.

Yes, It is so stressful for the whole class to get a new student at any time no matter what their individual concerns might be. It disrupts the whole routine of the day and the environment of the classroom itself...until everyone adjusts its stressfull for students and teachers!

You seem to be doing all that you can given the situation and are fully aware of the difficulties for all invovled this..in itself is a gift. Sometimes I see teachers...havent got a clue as to what is going on in their classrooms, with themselves, the students and the environment that is created by both. Each child ads a different dynamic and to have a new child in March?? wow thats got to be tough...and a child who is emotionally challenged well...that is even tougher on Autistic children esp...as it is hard for them to navigate through any environment ..and this being a so called emotionally insecure child sets them off in ways that are uninmanigable and soo unmanagaeble, so unfair for you and your partner teacher.

This is why I dont work in the classroom anymore...you know what they say....those who cant teach direct? thats me..and proud of it...have done my 15 yrs with both emotionally disturbed and autistic population. Burned out after 10. So, I dont know how you do it!!! Hugs and kisses...and lots of support> I hope they give you lots of support and frequent breaks to regroup through the day.

I used to go into the sensory gym to decompress. lol I needed that input as well after a few hours.

um...if all else fails theres always prozac...lol that is a standard joke amongst NY special ed teachers. When I thought seriously about the possibility ...I knew it was time to get out the classroom.

What really urks me is the "inclusion" class. How it has become a dumping ground in some casses....where as in what youve described...no where else left to put a child...and so you have a class with all different classifications grouped together.

It takes a very special teacher and human being to be able to handle the emotional stress and the management of such special needs of these special needs students. You must be one of these special ones!!!! Take pride in what you do and know that you are making a difference in the lives of a child. you so deserve it.

Good luck with all your students...and hopefully one day this boy will come back and say....because of you I became.........someone who believed I can be and do whatever it is I wanted and I did both!

Jodi

Laura, Loved the pix of your parents - and WOW, what a cake for Nelson. Please tell me you didn't make it. lolol

Crzytchr - I'll pray for you and the new student. There is a limit to how much you can handle and you are already helping so many students. Don't feel that you have to save them ALL. You have my admiration and respect.

BTW - I did NOT eat popcorn. Just knew it would be difficult for me to enjoy the movie and learn that I don't need it.

What a great group of ladies here. Let's all make it a great week.

Joyce in KC

Laura, Loved the pix of your parents - and WOW, what a cake for Nelson. Please tell me you didn't make it. lolol

Joyce in KC

Yeah Joyce, I baked it sometime between the taekwondo testing ceremony, cleaning the house, having a party, recleaning the house for my parents and doing laundry! LOL. No, a local cake baker made it it. : ) I let Nelson drive his new clean cars on it before we ate. What's the use in having a road on a cake if you can't TEST the road?! He looked at me and said "Mom, you are so cool!" Melted my dang heart and nearly kilt me. : )

Today was his "birthday walk" / birthday celebration at his Montessori school. They "walk" around the sun (a candle) holding an earth (globe) for each year they have been alive. You then say a few sentences about what they did each year. It was really a sweet moment. I had hoped my parents could come but Dad really felt like shit today. DH took him to the local oncologist. His appt wasn't until tomorrow but they took him early. I was going to take them but then when DH got done with work, Dad asked if he would go instead. (and said he didn't want to hurt my feelings). None taken. I know he is proud that his son in law is a dr. And those Drs speak the same "language". I hope the appt goes ok.

I am off to get the boy from school and then will have to figure out something to make for dinner. We would just go out for his birthday but my Dad just can't go out. I might order something- don't really feel like cooking. We'll see.

Welcome back Janet.

JB~ not necessarily. Even at "sweet spots" you will PB if you don't chew chew chew or if you eat too much.

Hope everyone is ok. HUGS... peasout, Laura

Crzyteacher - you are a saint - How old is this boy- is he getting any physc help..

Jodi - as far as what kind of pt - I can't help you there - to me it's all the same - too much to worry/think about - I just got whatever I liked - I think whey is the best - but you will find someone who says soy is the best - ..

Laura - love Nels cake - I showed it to my Brooke she loved it - her mom didn't order one this yr -so she got a store bought one - I gotta say these kids don't plan or prepard for crap.. Sorta bugs me - but it's their life - I can't control everything :0)

Sorry you Dad is feeling punky -

Well back to work - I got a new producer today ugh I hate working with him and now I have 70 more accounts to work on- don't ask me where I am going to fit it in.. For less pay more work - well I have a job I guess - a shitty one - but a job

Sorry I am in a pissy mood right now... I hate working w/this producer..

I got alot of studying in today. My lil boy was so good and quiet for me. He wants to stay home again but I can't do it. I have exams tommorrow and weds. Also cleaned my room today and got rid of all my fat clothes. Now all I have is clothes that fit and clothes that are gonna fit.

I have therapy starting back on thursday. My therapist doesn't know I had the surgery because I haven't seen her in awhile. Can't wait to see her though.

Also, have my second fill on friday. I feel like my weight went up a bit the past couple days. I am hungry and thirsty all the time. I am getting nervous knowing I only have a few days left to meet my goal of 12 pounds lost since my last visit. Don't know if I'll get it off by friday but I'm gonna try my best.

Good nite all.

Good luck, Jewell.

Joyce

Drive by post - Andrew wants to watch a movie with me - that's rare - so going to spend some quality time my my almost 19 yr gs ;0)

Jewel - cold doesn't cause sickness - germs do - not your fault you are a good mom- WTG on getting rid of your fat clothes

ok gang I gotta jam - I will talk to you all tomorrow.

xooxox

J

Jessica, glad you are putting the old behind you.. Getting rid of the big clothes is a very good start.... going back to see your therapist sounds like a good thing... She'll be so pleasantly surprised by all you have done with the new you!!!!

Janet, have fun with GS......

I'm about ready for bed.... Time to take my pills.. I spent most of the day doing paperwork and I'm tired... Mimi was rather easy for me today as she slept part of the time... And we had leftovers for supper... So don't know why I'm so tired... After my long nap yesterday I should be all caught up... But time for bed anyway.. Catch you all tomorrow after my trip to Bismarck.... goodnight friends.... Julie

Evening ladies,

Just experienced my first webinar...a web based seminar with my lap-band doctor. The subject was what is the "right fill". Very interesting. He listed many factors that influence the band and told us what we should be experiencing when the fill is "right" for us individually. He does flouro fills and had a couple of actual flouros to show us a good fill, a loose fill, and someone that was way too tight for too long. That was very scary. The pouch and esophagus was so expanded it looked like a stomach. The doctors is going to have theses webinars twice a month and I really think it's a good thing. Thursdays one is on the band diet...or not.

Laura, sorry your Dad is feeling poorly, hopefully he will get some rest and can bounce back a little. Nelson's cake is really cute and good for you in getting rid of all that extra temptation.

Crzytchr, what a tough job you have. I commend you for being able to and wanting to help this child. Don't think I could do it. You are welcome to vent when you need to...we all do.

Hi Janet, did you have fun with your son? Sounds like you are just glad to be home. I know what you mean, I'm staying home next weekend too.

Judy, after this seminar, the doctor said you need to have your fill checked if you are PBing too often, you might be too tight. For me, if I'm PBing its because the food is too dry, I eat too fast (don't let the first bite go down before I cram something else in there) or I don't chew enough. When I practice good band habits, everything seems to go down fine.

Oh geez, I'm tired. Think I'm going to go to bed early. I'll try and catch up tomorrow...I think my brain is shutting down. Have a great night ladies.

Eva

I went to the doc today. I am down 11 lbs from Jan 29. I asked him if PB'ing always meant too tight. He said no--that PB may always be part of my eating...it's when it happens too much...and I do know what that is like. I know I have the first bite syndrome and must learn to have a smallsmallsmall first bite, chewchewchew and wait. Do that again. Wait. And then sloooooowwwwwwly eat. It worked tonight at dinner. I am glad that I did not have a fill today.

I also say the PS who wants to do a revision---after I lose and maintain another 25 or so lbs. We'll see. It ain't free!

Eva, I bet that webshow was interesting. Makes you think. I don't ever want to be tight again, but if I ever am, I will not wait 5 months!

sleep well, my sisters....judy

Hi guys~

Quick update: Dad saw the dr here (oncologist) and seems he has a kidney infection. He was already on antibiotics- so that's strange. We are waiting for the culture and sensitivity test so we can see what bacteria it is and which antibiotic it is sensitive to. They gave him IV fluids today and he is feeling a lot better. Tomorrow he will go for fluids again. He liked the dr we picked, but admitted he liked his dr at home better. We are ok with that. At least he has somebody down here for when he is visiting.

Tomorrow is my bandiversary!!!! Can you believe it??? I was hoping for 100 down but will settle for 90 down. I didn't change my ticker but lost two more lbs. My appt is Wed with my dr. I might have to reschedule depending on what happens with my Dad. I feel the best I have felt in a LONG long time. I am so blessed and so thankful.

I will update more tomorrow. HUGS> Laura

Hi Girls,

I am away on business and haven’t posted in a few days. Things are going really well for me. I got to wear that new suit to a dinner tonight that I told you all about. If I must say so myself, it looked good and I felt confident.

I am thrilled to report that I am firmly in the one hundreds with a weigh in this week of 197.5. I am finally able to “see” my loses. I knew I was losing but for the longest time I couldn’t see it. I think my head was not keeping up with my body. It was weird, I knew my clothes were too big but I didn’t look any different.

Off to bed now. I’ll post more when I get home. Good night.

Good morning gang!

Synd.....congrats on the losses and getting in a new suit.

Laura.....Happy Bandiversary!

Eva......I wish my doctor did a webinar. I went to the seminar for the medically supervised diet. It is alot of information to take in. He went into to why it is not entirely our fault we are obese. Enviroment and genetics play a big part. He wants to change our minds about the foods we eat. Anyway, this diet will included going cold turkey off of food(shakes) for weeks then training us to a new way(the right way) to eat. He is seeing so many post surgery patients gain their weight back and it because we don't eat the right food. I am sure this plan will include the Beck diet Solution. I am up for it. Probably won't get start for a few weeks because I have to get an EKG and a letter from my primary physician. I need this jump start and a better way of eating. My DH went and he is supportive. He encouraged us to tell those who support us. So, I have told you. You are my main support group. I will let you know when I have my first evaluation.

Janet, how awesome to have movie time with GS. I cherish those moments.

Judy......props on the 11lbs!

Okay, gotta go across town(Houston) and take my mother to the eye doctor. We are both getting our eyes dilated today. Pray for me while I drive.

Bye for now!