Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Self-proclaimed winner here! Now, let's get on with the next 500 pages. Anybody...any questions for our leader Janet? I promise I won't monopolize these next 500 pages.

I wish I could go. I found out I do have flier miles, but my sister will be on a cruise at that time and we don't leave town at the same time because of my mother. The last time my sister was on a cruise my mother almost died of congestive heart failure. Maybe next time, but if it somewhere my DH wants to go he will be coming along.

Yep Apples you won. woohoo we have a winner.

monopolize away. You do a great job and are a great example. I love reading what you have to say just like I love everyone elses.

Laura K

Good morning, Lovelies!! Could not sleep til after 230am last night again. not sure why other than I think I messed up on my pain pills and took an extra pill too soon when I went to bed as I had that la la do do do feeling in my head. LOL I got up and played Suduko and finally beat Phyl at a game! She's good! Today I am taking Grandma to lunch with my friend Joye that I worked with and her mother. Her mother just moved into the same assisted living place as Grandma and knows no on so it's to introduce them. Then am taking Grandma to a LaZBoy store to look at one of those recliners that lifts you out of it. DH left for ATL today and am hoping he hears more about this possible move. I hate it looming over us. It makes making decisions tough so right now I am operating in the we are not moving mode. I couldn't decide if I should even pursue this possible very part time job at the hospital but I'd hate to pass it by and hten we don't move. It's in the bariatric dept and everything.

This possible job is my only hitch I think right now in coming to FL. If I get the job, depends on when it starts and then I have to tell them I need off then for that trip and then 10 days for my Isreal trip 2 weeks later. Kindda dicey.

Tried to put on my new jeans my DS got me for Christmas today, dang it the knee is still too swollen, I can hardly bend it in these jeans. They fit otherwise. I am just starting to be able to wear normal pants but they have to be very wide legged. I'm tired of sweat type pants, I've been dressing the top half up and wearing those. LOL

Arelene, sure you couldn't come? FL is very close to TX and don't you have a daughter or something that can check on mom for you, you could be back in TX awfully fast. Or could DH check on her for you?

Apples, congrats on being the 500 page starter! LOL I am so jealous. LOL I agree about 2's seeming easy in retrospect, I think the 20's are worse. LOL No control and they make bigger mistakes. LOL Am happy to see DD to settle down now if only DS would.

Laura, I hope you can figure out how to post that pic, it sounds neat what you made

Lori...most places, when hiring, take into consideration previous plans. I plan on looking for something when we get back from our six week trip. My "previous plans" are all planned out for as long as I live. Either I get the six weeks off in Jan-March or I don't get hired. I just cannot be selfish when it comes down to DH wanting to go each year. But, I am finding I REALLY need something for ME in this life. I've kind of gotten lost in the whole scheme of things. Some days I feel I was put on this earth for one purpose...serving stew, Soup, cleaning up after others, the gofer, etc. It's time for me to get back in the world again. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't live so far from everything. This old lady needs more stimulation (mind out of the gutter, girls...not physically) but intellectually. If I don't find a job, I will still volunteer at the hospital and other places.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and survived:blush:. His scale was 6 lbs more than mine, so that made even more nervous. But I didn't run out of the room screaming or bash my head against the wall.... I accepted it. Now I'm done with that number and will never see it again! He gave me a stern lecture all about getting back to the basics. He did give me a fill and my follow up is on 2/23.

I told him all of the changes that I've made and goals that I have for myself. He was supportive and knew of the book I'm reading and approved. It isn't a "Diet" book it's more of a "Brain Trainer" .

I'm on liquids for a few days then going to be a Protein pusher. I had a long talk with DH about planning our meals and shopping ahead of time. He was quite supportive. I hope to come up with meals that he can throw in the crockpot before he leaves for work (9:45am). Or meals that will be easy for me to throw together when I get home from work.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm a full time working mother of a 5 year DD. In order for me to workout I have to wake up at 4:40am. Go to the gym. Then catch a train (1.5 hours) to work. Walk 1 mile to & from work. Train home, pick DD from my sister's at 6pm. Home by 6:15ish. Then we do homework, dinner and try to do something with her. DH gets home around 7:40. I'm in bed reading by 9pm. Not a lot of quality time with DH, but I try to make up for on weekends. I'm just beat at the end of the day and really need my reading time.

Phew, you guys are going to kick me off for writing a book ;) Me, me, me...how rude:tongue:

Good Morning Gang...

Apples highjack all you want - lol -1st of all it's all of our threads - I just started.. Plus you all help alott - sometimes it's over whelming - I get emails - pm's etc and I don't always have the time to respond - Heck what's going to happen to the thread when we are in FL...

Just last night I forgot to welcome Sharlene - Sorry Sharlene !!

But here's our stats -

Apples 2447 post average 3.24 a day

Janet 6565 post average 6.73 a day

I do have advantage - I have been on here since 5/14/07

Charlene let us know how the dr goes.... Ok you want to be accountable - then start telling us what you are eating - truth no fudge - We will kick your butt - are you keeping a diary or what...

Great - I really really hope you can make it !!!! Sorry gang about the early leaving on Sunday - I will have to be to the airport by 7:30 ish - don't know what security will be like.

Eva - well you did shock me when you visited that weekend you were up early :0)... Ok we will caffinate you and get you going :0)...

Well I gotta get back to work...

Hugs J

I went to the Doctor yesterday and survived:blush:. His scale was 6 lbs more than mine, so that made even more nervous. But I didn't run out of the room screaming or bash my head against the wall.... I accepted it. Now I'm done with that number and will never see it again! He gave me a stern lecture all about getting back to the basics. He did give me a fill and my follow up is on 2/23.

I told him all of the changes that I've made and goals that I have for myself. He was supportive and knew of the book I'm reading and approved. It isn't a "Diet" book it's more of a "Brain Trainer" .

I'm on liquids for a few days then going to be a Protein pusher. I had a long talk with DH about planning our meals and shopping ahead of time. He was quite supportive. I hope to come up with meals that he can throw in the crockpot before he leaves for work (9:45am). Or meals that will be easy for me to throw together when I get home from work.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm a full time working mother of a 5 year DD. In order for me to workout I have to wake up at 4:40am. Go to the gym. Then catch a train (1.5 hours) to work. Walk 1 mile to & from work. Train home, pick DD from my sister's at 6pm. Home by 6:15ish. Then we do homework, dinner and try to do something with her. DH gets home around 7:40. I'm in bed reading by 9pm. Not a lot of quality time with DH, but I try to make up for on weekends. I'm just beat at the end of the day and really need my reading time.

Phew, you guys are going to kick me off for writing a book ;) Me, me, me...how rude:tongue:

No kicking off here - you aren't that luck lol - we all write books - there is no limit to how much or how little you write - it's all good..

WTG on planning - that is key - and sounds like you are getting 2 miles of walking in daily (to and from train) - That's exercise !!! So just increase your speed at times and that will work and you have the Weekends to get some weights added - I love going to the gym early on Sat morning when I am not pooped after a days work - so make a deal w/yourself - 1 hrs of Me time at the gym :0)

Okay! Okay! What did I ask for???? I had a Fiber bar for Breakfast, and chicken for lunch (that's all) 30grams of Protein so far. I am gonna walk this afternoon . One more day of good weather.

Lori, my mother has a bad heart. My sister and I think this may be her last year with us. She is so nervous when one of us goes out of town. I just can't do it this year, but boy I would like to.

The doctor cut my Fibro med to the lowest dose and my bp med to half of what I am taking. She talked to the Savella rep yesterday and said that low bp is rare. Figures. I am sensitive to most medicine.

OKay, I am good today.......Janet, you don't have to kick my butt yet! Apples, hold off on the voodoo doll.

Okay gang, gotta go run errands.

Charlene - You asked for it- We are here to serve :0) lol

Yikes! What have I done? Really, I need food police. I would be in jail if eating junk was a crime. That is how I got this way.

Okay, Lean cuisine for tonight....yeah, I will add 50cals.

Heather, we are here for you. It is hard to stay on track with little ones. Props to you!!!!!

Yikes! What have I done? Really, I need food police. I would be in jail if eating junk was a crime. That is how I got this way.

Okay, Lean cuisine for tonight....yeah, I will add 50cals.

Heather, we are here for you. It is hard to stay on track with little ones. Props to you!!!!!

Arlene...I'm not quite sure about the food police but what think Janet is trying to tell you is that the SHERIFF and her posse are back in town and ready to go to work!:thumbup:

Good afternoon. Just got home from taking Grandma to lunch with my friend and her mom and they hit it off pretty well and are going to play Bingo together, so that is nice. After lunch we went looking at those recliners that boost you out of them as she's pretty unsteady on her feet and have wanted her to get one of these to ease her up for a long. She actually bought one and it has a massage and heat feature. I am excited she did. I think she will be very happy she did once she gets used to it.

I am going up to the mountains with DH on Saturday. He loves to fish this river up there and remembers it from years ago. To his dismay when he first went back to it after we moved here, they built an outlet mall around it. There's bridges over it between stores etc. People are actallyl standing in it with their waders fly fishing and shoppers walking by them. I love it. So he is going to fish and I am going to shop on Sat. This is where we are going: Welcome to Outlets At Silverthorne

Sure have had trouble sleeping lately. Not sure why, if it's all I have on my mind, my knee pain, or pain pills. Hopefully I have a good nights sleep tonight, DH is gone and many times I don't when he is gone.

Apples, I hope you are able to find that outlet you are looking for to get some outside stimulation. I'm not sure I'd want to be looking for a full time job, but different strokes for different folks. I find I get some of that in my volunteer work, and a ladies group at my church, but also in the part time jobs, gives me balance.

Heather, where in Wisconsin are you? I am originally from Wausau.

Charlene, hope the change in meds helps you. I understand about your mom, was just hoping there was some how some way.

Great...re-read that sentence you wrote about the outlet. I thought you were saying that you hope I found an outlet mall. Just point me in the right direction and I'll make use of my time! I could always shop for a living. Hummmmmm... Not looking for full time. That would kill me with the load I have here. My load will not lessen at home if I got back to work. I can almost guarantee that. Never did when I worked more than full-time for over 20 yrs. I am looking for 2-3 days/week.

Hey...they weren't stupid when they built that fishing outlet mall, were they? There's that mentality around here...DH goes hunting deer, dear goes in search of mall.