Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Evening All ~ Long time...well a week. I'm back from visiting Mom in NC. Good visit...for the most part. Always like seeing Mom, but being around my stepfather for any period of time causes some anxiety. Lot of bad memories and he hasn't changed; don't expect him to really. Brought up a lot of feelings that I thought were long gone, but I guess not. Anyway, I'm home now and ready to get back into the swing of things. I've missed a lot of post, so I'll just say I thought about you guys and hope everyone is doing well. You may recall before I left that I had my first fill. Can't say I didn't indulge while I was away, but I definitely feel the effects of the fill. I didn't happen for a few days, but now - every time I eat I have a full feeling. One of the things I notice is eating and drinking. I know I'm not supposed to both at the same time, but it's a hard habit to break. I'm learning that it doesn't work well at all. Certain foods I can't handle at all, like french fries...boy do I love them, but I guess they don't love me any more. bread is another food that doesn't work very well. meats are difficult too. I eat them but I get full very quickly. I did go to the gym a few times while in NC. Actually spent a couple of hours. I'm going to try going to the gym near home - especially now since the weather and the time has changed. Would prefer mornings, but hate to get up early - but going to try and make this a goal for the next week - day by day. I do so much better when I'm at the gym. Really push myself much more.

Well enough out of me. Just wanted to check in now that I'm back. Janet I think I recall you were going away too - I hope you had a wonderful time. Talk with ya'll later.

Sharons, glad you are back. Yep, bread and french fries are not a banders friend. Eating Protein first is supposed to fill the pouch so you aren't hungry. If you are getting stuck.......as I do alot........chew, chew, chew.

Good afternoon to everyone... It's a very blustery day here in North Dakota.. We are gearing up for a snow storm that is starting up with wind and rain and leading to a foot of new snow by Tuesday.. I think we're in for it...... I was hoping for a leisurly Sunday afternoon with a nap and some TV, but so far have not seen that!!! A brother stopped by shortly after church to talk about "family" business of which I am the mediator... Then mother called to ask us to take her to the farm to get some things.. She moved off the farm and into town in Oct 07, but doesn't have room for all her things, so whenever she needs something we have to go get it... And of course now that she can't drive since her seizure that leaves it up to me and DH to help out.. So, it's 5:00 pm and I'm just getting home... One good thing is that I haven't been looking around for food all this time.. Anyway......

Thanks all for the words of encouragement you gave me... I know I have been very down on myself lately... Just this moring during church it occurred to me that maybe the reason I'm unable to be happy with my progress thus far is that I've been to this point so many times before and this is usually when it stops.... and then I go backwards... Being stuck here is making me worry that this will happen again and I'll be a failure yet again.. I know that I have the tool this time to see that it doesn't happen that way, but I do think this might be why I am so troubled right now.. Earlier on I was very positive about things and could see all the good stuff... Now, when I read all your success stories and here you talking about shopping and traveling, it just seems so out of reach for me.. So, I've decided that I need to be a bit more patient with myself and just do what I know has worked for me up til now.. It's very hard when you get into a slump... emotionally berrating yourself for being bad... I do seem to have the food under control, eating my Protein first and not snacking and then the exercise is better,, I made 5 days last week... So, I'm going to try to feel better.. I thank you all for your help and for listening to me vent...

Kathy, I'm so sorry to know you are feeling so blue especially when you are out there all alone.. I do understand those feelings and have felt like crying for days, but just haven't let go because there is always someone around.... So...........I get crabby.....and quiet. You hang in there, the girls here all say we are going to make it... We have to stick together...

Linda, I here what you are saying about the cooking.. but I love to cook and entertain just like Apples does.... We have guests for supper often and family gatherings that are always at my house... I have to be very strong... I baked a banana cake with cream chees frostiing yesterday for dessert for supper.. We had T-bone steaks on the grill (in the garage, too cold outside!) baked potatoes, lettuce salad, and Pasta salad... and cake for dessert.. I had 1/2 a potato, some meat loaf(leftover in my fridge cuz I can't do steak) a Tbsp of cottage cheese and some lettuce salad... and a bite of my husband's cake... So today I sent 4 pieces of cake to my daughter and husband across the street and 2 pieces with brother and now the rest won't be such a temptation as DH can handle eating it by himself... Sometimes I can be very strong and sometimes I am weak.. I have a definite weakness for fresh bread and biscuits... I didn't make any of that last night.... But maybe I'll have to scale back some on the baking. DH is skinny, but won't complain if I do as long as I buy him a box of Honey Buns or something!!!!! I hate that stuff......

Nicey, how much more weight do you have to lose? Sometimes if you have a great deal to lose, the first pounds come off rather fast.. They say the closer to goal you get, the slower it comes off.. Don't get discouraged..... I'm a fine one to say that because I have been, but these gals are right when they say to be patient and follow the program...

Take care all.... Julie

Kathy, bummer, was hoping you were closer. But the Springs is about 2 or more hours from me. Enjoy the Broadmoor though! Hope you get out of town before our big weather change. 70+ degrees today and supposed to possibly snow tomorrow night.

MrsBubba, I remember feeling just like you do when I got to the point where I usually quit too. Hang in there, this too shall pass. I got very panicked that this was it and the band wouldn't work and it would all come back on. If you keep faithful to the bandster rules, and it sounds like you are, you will get such a boost of self confidence when you start to enter into 'virgin fat' territory.

Repeat after me:

"I am ALLERGIC to

(chocolate, french fries, bread, oreos

.... or whatever your weakness is)!!

I BREAK OUT IN FAT!!

LOL, Plyll....

OMG...do you know how many times in the last weeks you guys have mentioned my cooking, etc.? Guess I better back off a bit on posting what I cook and bake. Guess I just wanted everyone to know that it IS possible to cook and bake AND resist. It's all part of my job on a daily basis. Many helpers around here for 9 months out of the year and has always been a big part of my life...even when I owned my own business. I always cooked in the evenings to get ready for the next day.

When I look back on my posts, I guess it was not quite fair to list what I make....but most recipes are converted to low fat, low sugar and I eat my own concoctions every day. Sorry girls

OMG...do you know how many times in the last weeks you guys have mentioned my cooking, etc.? Guess I better back off a bit on posting what I cook and bake. Guess I just wanted everyone to know that it IS possible to cook and bake AND resist. It's all part of my job on a daily basis. Many helpers around here for 9 months out of the year and has always been a big part of my life...even when I owned my own business. I always cooked in the evenings to get ready for the next day.

When I look back on my posts, I guess it was not quite fair to list what I make....but most recipes are converted to low fat, low sugar and I eat my own concoctions every day. Sorry girls

You don't need to apologize. We just all marvel at the fact that you can do all that cooking for so many on a daily basis without being tempted! But I guess you could be a little less descriptive about exactly what you are cooking!

:frown::biggrin::(

Except when you have some healthy concoction to tell us about....

like your low fat, low sugar adaptions.

3_13_8.gif

Geez.... it's too quiet around here with Janet gone!! Just think, she's on that big, beautiful cruise ship this morning, cruising down the west coast, being served Breakfast and on her way to some Mexican coastal city. Wish I was there!

That does sound good! I almost wish we could cruise to Korea - you make it sound so luxurious, Phyll. I doubt if the flight is going to have the same ambiance... even though much faster!

Good Morning:

Apples, I enjoy reading about your cooking. I haven’t much desire to do that cooking thing but you have even brought out a little desire from me to do some cooking. It hasn’t always been so but the last few years I just am, all cooked out. DH cooks now much more then I.

Phyl, You made me laugh this morning. Thanks! Holly

March exercise 13/22

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

Hi gang,

Just a quick note because I have so much work to do.. I went swimming this morning and when I got home DH had the house all torn up to Shampoo my living room carpet.... And then my new sleep Number mattress was just delivered, so I have "housework" to do big time...... I'm really looking forward to trying this new bed as I haven't been able to sleep on our present one for a long time.. I've been sleeping in my recliner forever!!!!! Maybe tonight I can keep my husband company again.........this is good.....

Anyway, I had to tell you all that the scale said 306 this morning!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!! It's not a big amount, but it is a big deal for me... This is the lowest I've been for a very long time.. Maybe there's hope for me afterall............... thanks for listening..

Have a great day........ Julie

Good afternoon to everyone... It's a very blustery day here in North Dakota.. We are gearing up for a snow storm that is starting up with wind and rain and leading to a foot of new snow by Tuesday.. I think we're in for it...... I was hoping for a leisurly Sunday afternoon with a nap and some TV, but so far have not seen that!!! A brother stopped by shortly after church to talk about "family" business of which I am the mediator... Then mother called to ask us to take her to the farm to get some things.. She moved off the farm and into town in Oct 07, but doesn't have room for all her things, so whenever she needs something we have to go get it... And of course now that she can't drive since her seizure that leaves it up to me and DH to help out.. So, it's 5:00 pm and I'm just getting home... One good thing is that I haven't been looking around for food all this time.. Anyway......

Thanks all for the words of encouragement you gave me... I know I have been very down on myself lately... Just this moring during church it occurred to me that maybe the reason I'm unable to be happy with my progress thus far is that I've been to this point so many times before and this is usually when it stops.... and then I go backwards... Being stuck here is making me worry that this will happen again and I'll be a failure yet again.. I know that I have the tool this time to see that it doesn't happen that way, but I do think this might be why I am so troubled right now.. Earlier on I was very positive about things and could see all the good stuff... Now, when I read all your success stories and here you talking about shopping and traveling, it just seems so out of reach for me.. So, I've decided that I need to be a bit more patient with myself and just do what I know has worked for me up til now.. It's very hard when you get into a slump... emotionally berrating yourself for being bad... I do seem to have the food under control, eating my Protein first and not snacking and then the exercise is better,, I made 5 days last week... So, I'm going to try to feel better.. I thank you all for your help and for listening to me vent...

Kathy, I'm so sorry to know you are feeling so blue especially when you are out there all alone.. I do understand those feelings and have felt like crying for days, but just haven't let go because there is always someone around.... So...........I get crabby.....and quiet. You hang in there, the girls here all say we are going to make it... We have to stick together...

Linda, I here what you are saying about the cooking.. but I love to cook and entertain just like Apples does.... We have guests for supper often and family gatherings that are always at my house... I have to be very strong... I baked a banana cake with cream chees frostiing yesterday for dessert for supper.. We had T-bone steaks on the grill (in the garage, too cold outside!) baked potatoes, lettuce salad, and Pasta salad... and cake for dessert.. I had 1/2 a potato, some meat loaf(leftover in my fridge cuz I can't do steak) a Tbsp of cottage cheese and some lettuce salad... and a bite of my husband's cake... So today I sent 4 pieces of cake to my daughter and husband across the street and 2 pieces with brother and now the rest won't be such a temptation as DH can handle eating it by himself... Sometimes I can be very strong and sometimes I am weak.. I have a definite weakness for fresh bread and biscuits... I didn't make any of that last night.... But maybe I'll have to scale back some on the baking. DH is skinny, but won't complain if I do as long as I buy him a box of Honey Buns or something!!!!! I hate that stuff......

Nicey, how much more weight do you have to lose? Sometimes if you have a great deal to lose, the first pounds come off rather fast.. They say the closer to goal you get, the slower it comes off.. Don't get discouraged..... I'm a fine one to say that because I have been, but these gals are right when they say to be patient and follow the program...

Take care all.... Julie

I dont usually reply to posts but you sound so blue and some how you touched my heart. being in New Zealand my comments seems of so little help as I feel so far away but here goes.

We carry so much emotional baggage with our weight and it makes the whole food addicition thing much harder for us to accept. We should equate it more to alcoholism but much worse because we HAVE to eat to stay alive.

I have been struggling with a rice pudding which I made as I had left over milk....why I did this I have not idea...but I have just taken it out and fed it to the chickens. It is so depressing and I try to remember what my alcoholic daughter says to me 'mother if I have one drink I will die' and i suppose if we hadnt had the LB and went on putting on weight we would die too. So what I am trying to say is that at least we have the tools to be able to lose but it is a struggle.

In NZ we have to have regular check-ins with a psycologist to aid us with the baggage that we carry and it is a help, sometimes.

The only time I'd have trouble reading about your cooking, Apples, would be today. I have a fierce stomach bug and just the thought of food is enough to gag me. LOL But other than that I like to read about it. I am amazed at all you do. My DH's aunt lives on a farm and cooks lke you do for all the workers, it amazes me.

Hope Janet is having a wonderful time cruising. Can't wait til mine in May!

time to go lie back down.

Apples, i love hearing about what you are cooking, especially when you describe what you do to make them lower in fat. I broke out my Susan Powter cookbook (remember her)? She actually had some great recipes in her cookbook. My problem is that my DH refuses to eat anything that i have prepared using lower fat ingredients -- he convinces himself beforehand that it won't taste good, so then he tastes it as says he doesn't like it. It's all in his head. He could stand to lose some weight too, but oh well. So that is one of the reasons I just tell him to cook for himself. Long, so sorry you are sick, hope the bug goes away quickly -- get better soon. Julie, congrats on the weight loss, that's fantastic! I'm also impressed that you only had one bite of that cake. I have a favorite banana cake with cream cheese frosting I used to make a lot and if I made it, I'm sure I'd be too tempted. On the other hand, my neighbor did send over one half of a store bought cake last week but that didn't tempt me at all -- DH was happy to take care of that -- it's my own cooking that tempts me more. Phyl, I love your little saying -- I'm going to print one up and tape it on my desk where I'll be looking at it all the time. Sharons, glad you had a good visit with your mom and you are feeling more confident. I know I worry many days too that this won't work, that's why I come here and read everyone's blogs because it is proof that it works. We just gotta have that faith and just DO IT. It is 70 here now, but expecting thunderstorms and colder weather later in week. Hope Janet's weather is better than when she left. It would be miserable if it's rainy and cold during her cruise. Linda

Miranda, thanks for what you wrote.. I throw food out all the time now.. I make it for some reason or other and if DH doesn't eat the leftovers fast enough I throw it out... He never knows the difference.... Or I do send stuff to my kids or whomever, too.. I love rice pudding........the kind that is cooked on the stove very slowly and is so creamy and delicious.. DH doesn't like that, so I just never make it anymore... DH is a 34 year recovering alcoholic.. I've never seen him drink so don't know how he was then, but I've often made that same analogy about drinking and eating... You can quit drinking and smoking and drugs, but you have to eat to live.... Most everything is a temptation... A whole box of sugar free/fat free Cookies is still bad for you..... Anyway thanks for the encouragement.. Hope you have good days ahead, too..

Well, no sleeping with DH again tonight.. We spent all this time cleaning the bedroom and putting up our new sleep Number bed and it doesn't work!!!!! Dang air pump doesn't blow any air.. I've just been on the phone getting a new one on the way. They promised to have it by Wednesday... So, back to my recliner... At least my bedroom is spring-cleaned... and we are working on the living room now... Hey, Long, sorry you have a bug.... My SIL had it for a week... hope that doesn't happen to you.... take care of yourself

Bye all, talk again later.. Julie

Edited by Mrs. Bubba

Well, no sleeping with DH again tonight.. We spent all this time cleaning the bedroom and putting up our new sleep Number bed and it doesn't work!!!!! Dang air pump doesn't blow any air.. I've just been on the phone getting a new one on the way. They promised to have it by Wednesday... So, back to my recliner... At least my bedroom is spring-cleaned... and we are working on the living room now...

So sorry you had trouble with your new bed! We bought one probably about 5 years ago and we LOVE it. In fact, I hated to leave it to stay in the RV each winter, so a couple of years ago we bought one for the RV, too. I like the one at home the best because it has dual controls. This one in the RV, DH has the control for both sides. At home, sometimes in the middle of the night I want it softer or firmer and I can do it. In the RV I'd have to wake him up, so I can't do it. There's not a handy place to put it where could both reach it. I sure hope you get the new pump quickly and that you like your new bed.

11_2_101.gif