Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Couldn't get here for about 24 hours for some reason. Rebooted my computer and am back now but now no email notifications again, GRRR!!

But wanted to say thanks for the kudos on my 100 lbs yesterday, it meant so much. The whole morning at work I kept thinking I can't wait to get home and post it here as I know you'd all truly understand how it felt. Funny thing, I sent an email to my family announcing my milestone. My sisters have not said a word. They haven't comment since I hit about 75 lbs. and what they said then, was my butt looked small and I was pissing them off. DH thinks they are very afraid now that I am thinner than them. I have always been the fat sister. But no more!!

I was going to attach a photo but couldn't figure it out. It wanted the url address of my photo. I don't have any online.

I'm not getting email notifications again either!! Wish they'd fix the site and leave it alone!!

I don't know how the other gals post their pictures. The only thing that works for me is to upload them to photobucket.com, then resize them so they're small enough for this site. When you do that, a url address gets assigned to each picture. So if you copy/paste that, you can post your pictures.

Interesting reactions from your family! Sisters must feel threatened! I have three sisters and they've all been very supportive and celebrated my 100 lb with me. And my Mom! Yesterday I got a check for $100 from her... $1 for each pound, she said!!

Good evening all ~ I'm in a real pissy mood. As usual, I get to work and get really involved in what I'm doing and don't eat lunch. By the time I get home, I'm starved which causes me to eat anything in sight and usually the things I shouldn't. This time, however I can't eat anything in sight and liquid food isn't that appealing - even though that's all I can really have right now. I even bought some things to eat with me, but as usual, keep saying I'm going to stop and eat, but before I know it the day is nearly over and then I say I might as well wait until I get home (e.g. dinner or what used to be dinner). Well by the time I left work (maybe an 1 hour before) I turned into a b-tch right before my eyes and before I knew it I had no more patience for anything or anyone and God help the person who got in my way.

When I did leave work, I was so close to saying "to hell with all this" and eat anything I could get my hands on. A colleague told me about a new place that recently opened that specializes in Soups - "Soupman." Among other Soups they specialize in seafood bisque's which I love (yes a little calorie loaded, but considering all I'm eating..uh errr drinking is Water and Protein drinks, I figured the few little ozs of Soup I can have won't kill me). By the time, I found the place I was feeling faint. When I got to the front door, I discovered it was closed due to inclement weather. OMG! Ok - now I'm ready for just about ANYTHING, no matter what happens. Luckily my senses kicked in and I realized a had another Protein Drink in the car (the one I forgot to drink for lunch) and downed that and burped all the way home. Oh yeah I did find some crab bisque and when I got home I blended that up until it was virtually Water - ate about 5 ozs and now, I feel like the human side of me is returning.

Jeez what a mess. I am really trying hard, but food has been the most stable and comfortable part of my life for so many years. It also didn't help that everyone in my office decided to eat in today and I could smell all kinds of food I like. I could even distinguish which food someone was eating. Is this wild or what - please tell me I'm not the only person whose ever gone through this!

Hey all (Wed night). CONGRATULATIONS LONG:smile::bored::smile::eek:. Way to go. So very proud of your accomplishments. You got there way before me and you were banded a week before I was. I am still going along fine but haven't hit the big 60 yet. Janet, your picture of you and Peaches is really good. I wish I was in that picture with you girls. How much has Peaches lost? It snowed here last night and weather is cold. I was thinking that I am getting tired of Winter now. I love all of the seasons but Winter tends to keep one in the house more with more comfort food. Janet, I will post pics up of myself and my new kitchen if I can figure out how to do it. I will have my dd help me with that. I can no longer get my ticker to work so have to make a new one. Glad to hear everyone is doing swell.

Beckyo

Good evening all ~ I'm in a real pissy mood. As usual, I get to work and get really involved in what I'm doing and don't eat lunch. By the time I get home, I'm starved which causes me to eat anything in sight and usually the things I shouldn't. This time, however I can't eat anything in sight and liquid food isn't that appealing - even though that's all I can really have right now. I even bought some things to eat with me, but as usual, keep saying I'm going to stop and eat, but before I know it the day is nearly over and then I say I might as well wait until I get home (e.g. dinner or what used to be dinner). Well by the time I left work (maybe an 1 hour before) I turned into a b-tch right before my eyes and before I knew it I had no more patience for anything or anyone and God help the person who got in my way.

When I did leave work, I was so close to saying "to hell with all this" and eat anything I could get my hands on. A colleague told me about a new place that recently opened that specializes in Soups - "Soupman." Among other soups they specialize in seafood bisque's which I love (yes a little calorie loaded, but considering all I'm eating..uh errr drinking is Water and Protein drinks, I figured the few little ozs of Soup I can have won't kill me). By the time, I found the place I was feeling faint. When I got to the front door, I discovered it was closed due to inclement weather. OMG! Ok - now I'm ready for just about ANYTHING, no matter what happens. Luckily my senses kicked in and I realized a had another Protein Drink in the car (the one I forgot to drink for lunch) and downed that and burped all the way home. Oh yeah I did find some crab bisque and when I got home I blended that up until it was virtually Water - ate about 5 ozs and now, I feel like the human side of me is returning.

Jeez what a mess. I am really trying hard, but food has been the most stable and comfortable part of my life for so many years. It also didn't help that everyone in my office decided to eat in today and I could smell all kinds of food I like. I could even distinguish which food someone was eating. Is this wild or what - please tell me I'm not the only person whose ever gone through this!

Sharon - I can pretty much guarantee you are not the only person who has gone through these situations! We all have our stories and they sound surprisingly similar. I am so glad I am not dealing with a work environment during this time. My heart goes out to all who are - I can certainly understand how difficult that is having been there myself not so long ago and on many previous diets. I am home most of the time, manage to stay busy with quilting and it does feel good to be back in my studio working again. I find myself watching the clock some days - wondering if it's time to fix lunch, etc. Most of those times I'm not even hungry yet, but a lifetime of eating at prescribed times does that to you.

I can eat way more than I should be able to. Next fill is on Feb 6 - just a week away. So far I am able to be satisfied on about a cup per meal, but it is mostly me and a little bit of the band. We had dinner guests Sunday, and I ate more than I should have been able to (which tells me it is mostly me and not the band doing most of the work). I also ate more carbs than I normally allow myself. I realize that will happen from time to time, but 3 lbs of water weight was the result. The water weight is gone now, but I wonder if the scale will show any actual loss when I weigh in officially tomorrow (official day is Friday). I am looking forward to this next fill. I would like to feel the band is contributing a little more effort toward this project!

Love it anyway! I could never be satisfied on one cup of food without knowing it is there and helping as much as it is able to right now...

Here's the link that will explain how to attach pictures

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/how-attach-picture-post-17595/

Long - Yes I totally get you on us girls understanding - I don't think that skinny pple really understand the work that's required to get this weight off - any so many think it's the band that's doing the work not us... They just don't know..

Yep I bet your family is feeling a little threatend - Pple look at us as the fat chick - they feel safe around us - we aren't a threat to them - I don't know why they think that cuz we aren't obese any more that we are a threat - We are the same pple - but I have read where pple here have lost freinds as they have lost weight - Go figure...

I guess I am lucky - my friends and family are truly happy that I have lost the weight - heck right before my bro passed he called me after our visit and said that I was looking good and you could see that I was working out..

I really would like to see pic of all of you - I know this is the interenet - but heck - pple aren't going to find out - they aren't that interested... So post pictures girls - you all have seen me - I would love to see you guy and your progress...

Sharon - Dear you are just like the rest of us - When I am out and about and haven't eaten and then say go to a restraunt - my old brain orders the food - taco & enchillada & Relleno & Beans - I think (operative word) that I can eat all this cuz I am STARVING... BUT - My band will not allow it and then I have left overs for 2 days...

You gotta understand this is a learning process - and even now I still miss food - I miss pigging out - I am lucky that even with restriction I can eat almost any kind of food. I just choose to eat healthy 98% of the time and if I over do it like this last weekend (biscuts & gravey - candy bar - ice cream) I just make sure that when I got home I went back to eating healthy and exercise - and you know what - the scales is back down 138 from 140 on monday..

You just gotta stay on your liquids and don't eat - it's not worth the risk of damaging your stomach while it's healing...

And yes other pples food smells so good - but look at what they are eating - normally a heart attack waiting to happen and as you move along in this process - you will notice how much pple over eat - don't chew - eat way too fast - and it will sort of sicken you - and you will think OMG that's what I use to look like..

Take that shake and keep it in your purse or fridge at work - get those cup of Soups from Campbells that you can just heat up in the microwave.

#1 make time for you - I too get busy and don't stop to eat sometimes - but have learn that taking 20 minutes to eat is for me and my health and I am worth it... I really try not to let myself get to starve - but occaissionally I do - but then my band stops me from eating too fast - not chewing and over eating - it does it's job - I just have to do mine..

Ok gang I gotta get my butt in gear - TTYL :)

:frown:your message really helped me cuz i was just feeling defeated since i have almost gone back to me previous eating habits! i MUST GET IN THE GYM & track all my meals...i am positive it will help! i have been a very bad girl, i haven't even been on LBT for almost a month! wish me luck... down 48lbs since banding in may; feel like its not gonna work but i know its just ME!

Hi everyone - just checking in from St. Kitts. Gosh it's hard to travel. Too much food and drink! Anyway, it beats being in Vermont where they had 15 inches of snow yesterday.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great threat. Janet leads a great group.

Best to all. - Kathy

PS Janet and Phly, just found out that the conference is in Palm Springs again next Dec. I guess everyone raved about it. It's a long way off, but I hope we can spend more time together.

Joann thanks for letting me know I'm not really all that different and more importantly, that I'm not alone. Yesterday was really awful.

Indigo - I am so grateful to you for staying with me and letting me vent.

I'm sorry for posting such a long message previously, but I had no where else to go with the feelings and frustrations.

Today is better. I've been drinking something pretty much all day e.g. Protein Drink, liquid Soup, popsicle, and trying to get that Water in Yuk.

I hope everyone else is having a good day and hopefully, a pound or more lost.

Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread and sending me the link. Any idea why we are no longer getting e-mail notifications? And is so how do we get them back? I look forward to some of your menu plans. Have a wonderful day.

:frown:your message really helped me cuz i was just feeling defeated since i have almost gone back to me previous eating habits! i MUST GET IN THE GYM & track all my meals...i am positive it will help! i have been a very bad girl, i haven't even been on LBT for almost a month! wish me luck... down 48lbs since banding in may; feel like its not gonna work but i know its just ME!

Jacob's Mom - Welcome - Yep tracking and gym = caloires in vs calories out = weight loss - not rockect science :0) and now we have the tool to help us... You are not defeated Girl I know you ain't gonna let stupid old food control your life - it's time for you take back your life and start living as a healthy active person... 48 lbs is nothingt to sneeze at - without the band you wouldn't have lost that - so just pull up those boot straps and get back on track.... Hugs Janet

Hi everyone - just checking in from St. Kitts. Gosh it's hard to travel. Too much food and drink! Anyway, it beats being in Vermont where they had 15 inches of snow yesterday.

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great threat. Janet leads a great group.

Best to all. - Kathy

PS Janet and Phly, just found out that the conference is in Palm Springs again next Dec. I guess everyone raved about it. It's a long way off, but I hope we can spend more time together.

Kathy - GREAT can't wait til next December - and I hear you about the vacation/being away from home - I don't do too well with my eating when I am out of town - Last week ate biscuts & gravy (just 1) a candy bar, ice cream - and a few drinks.. - but gotta say 3 days gym and back to normal eating - those 2 lbs were gone this morning :)

Joann thanks for letting me know I'm not really all that different and more importantly, that I'm not alone. Yesterday was really awful.

Indigo - I am so grateful to you for staying with me and letting me vent.

I'm sorry for posting such a long message previously, but I had no where else to go with the feelings and frustrations.

Today is better. I've been drinking something pretty much all day e.g. Protein drink, liquid Soup, popsicle, and trying to get that Water in Yuk.

I hope everyone else is having a good day and hopefully, a pound or more lost.

Sharon - you can post a 3 page post for all I care - I don't know why pple are always apoligizing for long post - hell we have something to say and it take more than 3 words to get our feelings across - and this thread isn't just about the band but our lives too as our lives is what got us fat - our heads got us fat - so talk as often and as much as you like.

Glad you are doing better today... Fluid is Fluid - so just keep it up - have you tried the crystal light - I like Water but sometime I do have crystal lite or the store brands - Whoever makes the cranberry juice just came out with something like crystal lite - crangrape which is my fav - I haven't found it yet - but will this weekend..

Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread and sending me the link. Any idea why we are no longer getting e-mail notifications? And is so how do we get them back? I look forward to some of your menu plans. Have a wonderful day.

Rose - I am so glad you came and I hope you stay !!! We have a great group of pple here and if I'm not here (which isn't that often - but I do sometime go away for a weekend or take a day off - these ladies are here for you too..

Rose - please meet Long - Charlene - Becky - Phyl - Joann - Sharon - Kathy - Apples - this is Rose I met her on the So Cali Thread - she is newly banded.

On the email notifcation Idon't get them as I just ck the threads every few hours anyway - but when you hit reply scroll down to under manage attachments - there is a box to pick if you want email notification - for some reason - it seems to screw up everynow and then

Well, I gotta get back to work..

Oh ya I might not be on tonite - It's my Bday today and going out to dinner w/some freinds...

54 yrs young and feeling 20 yrs younger - at 52 weighed 250 - at 53 weighed 180 - at 54 138 - loving life !!!

I hope to take some pic's tonite - so I will post the transformation in the last 2 yrs...

I have attached a sample menu

ok here comes my boss - bye :thumbup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!!!

You were so quiet about your big day! I bet it feels great to turn another year and yet feel so gosh darn good because of all the weight you have lost and the exercise. My bday is in May and I was banded in June, so this bday I will feel so totally different!

Thanks for the link on how to do pics. I will look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR AND WONDERFUL JANET

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be 54 in Nov and feel like I'm 19. So many wonderful things in life to Celebrate when you feel good and can fit into "normal" clothes again. Wish I could be there tonight to help you Celebrate. Lots of love, Karen

Welcome Rose...hope you utilize this great group of people on this thread. And...welcome to Band Land. Getting the band was one of the best things I have EVER done for myself. I wouldn't trade one thing and the journey has been a great one for me. Yeh....we have to give up some things and make some huge lifestyle changes....but it's all worth it. Here's wishing you a great journey also and a happy and healthy life!