Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

JoannMarie - Hate to tell you this but if you got me to MofA again- I would shop LOL as I am a shopper... I loved the Nordstroms (they were having a great sales) Ann Taylors Loft - Chico - Bloomingdales and the QVC store..

and they have some good restaurant - bubba gumps & some bbq place - we stayed at the homewood suites right across the street where we walked to the mall - I like it cuz it had kitchenettes so we had a place to store and heat up left overs... Trip cost me about $1200 for 3 nites 4 days hotel and air - that doesn't include shopping or food..

Lori - isn't it great that you carry your weight so well - for some of us we can really trick pple - I know when I had the surgery pple would say oh you aren't fat - hell - how can 250 on a 5'4 person not be fat.. Now they are saying I am to skinny - 137 isn't to skinny... People can't make up their minds.

As to a trip I would love it but I gotta be honest here with my curise in March and I have to go to texas to see Aunt - it would have to be cheap and close - but heck if you guy figure something out keep me posted and I will see if I can work it in...

Well gang don't know if I will be back tonight or not - I have gym after work and gotta see if I can get the stupid internet to work... I am hoping it just fixed itself - I am going to have to call aol and see if they can help..

Hey I'M up for VEGAS. We sure could have some fun there!!!

LETS DO IT!!!!

Beckyo:tt1::):tt1:

The Monte Carlo there had an awesome pool area. it had a wave pool, a lazy river and a pool. And shade cabanas

I know I'm fairly new, but I want to come too!!!!:) In my case, Vegas would be a bit better than Colorado. (Lots of flights, in case I have to get back, if there's an emergency with my parents) But whatever you decide, I'll try to make it. It would be so great to get to meet you all. (And to see Lori again! Would I even recognize you, Lori?)

Love,

Ellen

I know I'm fairly new, but I want to come too!!!!:) In my case, Vegas would be a bit better than Colorado. (Lots of flights, in case I have to get back, if there's an emergency with my parents) But whatever you decide, I'll try to make it. It would be so great to get to meet you all. (And to see Lori again! Would I even recognize you, Lori?)

Love,

Ellen

I sure hope so, but depending on when it is we might both be remants of what we once knew each other as!

One issue I thought of if we did meet in Colorado and went to a mountain lodge or something is ground transportation. With Vegas we could just take a taxi to the hotel or something. Here we'd need cars or something to get around.

Good Morning Gang

Well I gotta vent here - I was so friggin pissed off last night - went to the gym - that was all good - then came home to tackle the computer issues (I am wireless - gs computer is hooked up directly to the modem)

So first I call AOL - They say it's a linksys issue - so I call linksysm - after waiting 15 minutes the phone dies.. So call back wait another 20 minutes - finally get someone - gs computer freezes - while talking to lady (out sourcing again and diff to understand) so have to reboot - well as I do this guess what happens - the I lose the call (I think she hung up on me)- after 41 minutes of being on the phone -it's now 7:30 something almost 8 - haven't fed the dogs/cat or myself..

I run the disk that came with linksys and it tells me I am not hooked up to the modem - well yes it is.. I am so frustrated I just wanted to cry...

So I think I am just going to go get a new wireless system (mine's 4 yrs old and gs computer is vista which is a mystery to me and I am XP) and just start from scratch.. Most likely won't do this till Frid or Sat - so I apologize for not being here to support you guys as I should be...

But gotta say - you all pretty much got the hang of things....

I am all for Vegas - cuz I can either drive or fly - heck since gas is so cheap right now (2.44 is what I just paid this morning) it was only 42 to fill up - heck it was 60+ what a month ago...

I love the lazy river thing... My cup of tea and we can get our exercise too by walking :thumbup:

March is out for me - so what month would be good for everyone else -

OK i need to get my butt in gear and get my work done - don't want to but I guess that's what they pay me for :thumbup:

cbl:tongue:

JoannMarie - Hate to tell you this but if you got me to MofA again- I would shop LOL as I am a shopper... I loved the Nordstroms (they were having a great sales) Ann Taylors Loft - Chico - Bloomingdales and the QVC store..

and they have some good restaurant - bubba gumps & some bbq place - we stayed at the homewood suites right across the street where we walked to the mall - I like it cuz it had kitchenettes so we had a place to store and heat up left overs... Trip cost me about $1200 for 3 nites 4 days hotel and air - that doesn't include shopping or food..

Lori - isn't it great that you carry your weight so well - for some of us we can really trick pple - I know when I had the surgery pple would say oh you aren't fat - hell - how can 250 on a 5'4 person not be fat.. Now they are saying I am to skinny - 137 isn't to skinny... People can't make up their minds.

As to a trip I would love it but I gotta be honest here with my curise in March and I have to go to texas to see Aunt - it would have to be cheap and close - but heck if you guy figure something out keep me posted and I will see if I can work it in...

Well gang don't know if I will be back tonight or not - I have gym after work and gotta see if I can get the stupid internet to work... I am hoping it just fixed itself - I am going to have to call aol and see if they can help..

Where does your Aunt live in Texas? I'm in Texas also. Would love to meet you.

Sorry you had such a rotten evening, Janet. Computers can be sooooooooooooo frustrating. We have a neighbor kid that works for a computer service business in town and he just swings by on his way home when I am having trouble. So nice....I hope he never moves away.

I am up for anything and anyplace to meet. My Vegas trip in March is now off. The volunteering I am doing does not allow me to leave that week. We are having a huge community send off with a meal,(serving 1500) appetizers, dance, govenor and others speaking at the ceremony. It falls smack in the middle of when my trip was to be. I am co chair for the group that is planning, etc. so I have to be here. I don't feel too bad about it though cuz want to do what we do for our boys and their families.

I guess my point is...anytime after March would work for me. I think we should elect a committee of two to look into it and plan. How about that??

Where does your Aunt live in Texas? I'm in Texas also. Would love to meet you.

Fort Worth - Trinity Towers....

Sorry you had such a rotten evening, Janet. Computers can be sooooooooooooo frustrating. We have a neighbor kid that works for a computer service business in town and he just swings by on his way home when I am having trouble. So nice....I hope he never moves away.

I am up for anything and anyplace to meet. My Vegas trip in March is now off. The volunteering I am doing does not allow me to leave that week. We are having a huge community send off with a meal,(serving 1500) appetizers, dance, govenor and others speaking at the ceremony. It falls smack in the middle of when my trip was to be. I am co chair for the group that is planning, etc. so I have to be here. I don't feel too bad about it though cuz want to do what we do for our boys and their families.

I guess my point is...anytime after March would work for me. I think we should elect a committee of two to look into it and plan. How about that??

Sounds good to me - but I can't comit to being on the committee right now - with work - bro's estate - I just dont have the time... April or May good months for everyone..

hi janet,

do you have any hanging skin from the weightloss?

Yep I have some heck at 53 who doesn't - my tummy isn't too bad - boob weren't great to begin with - arms are what bothers me the most. - I look great clothed and that's how pple see me not naked,..

But I will tell you that I rather have the skin issues that the fat issues - saggy skin isn't going to kill me - but the 110 lbs of fat was..

Some pple for some reason want to use the saggy skin issues as an excuse not to lose the weight - I just don't get that...

Let's see who steps up and wants to plan our "Girls Getaway". I would love to help plan but don't have a lot time time right now. After Jan 1 I can dig in and find some rates, etc. Anyone care if we see a show while in Vegas? Something to think about. I am so excited that we are considering this.

I lost 2 more!!! 82 lbs now gone forever!!

I just met a fellow lapbander for lunch. She has come to LBT some but mostly over at Obesity Help. She had surgery on Monday with my surgeon and lives near me. It was fun to meet a fellow bander. We went to ChikFilA as she is on liquids still and got their Soup and asked for it to be all broth. Then I went and got my 2nd injection in my knee of 3. I sure hope to get some relief.

It's sounding like Vegas is the place! Sounds fun. April and May are tough for me but I will try and make it work. My 30th anniversay is 4/21, my grandma's 100th bday is 5/1 and we are probably going to FL, my bday is 5/17 but I dont' care about not being home for it. I love shows. Gosh I will be almost a year out by the time we meet. Could I be at goal? I sure hope so!

That's five to six months and you could easily be at goal or close to goal. What about a June date to meet. I know it's pretty warm in Vegas that time of the year. Maybe the others would be willing to go then so that it would be easier for you to make it. Just a thought.

Indio Girl,

MANY THANKS TO YOU! Your advice to Bea is right on point! Like you, I'm a big time emotional eater be it celebration happy time or sad mopey depressed times. too try to find something else when hungry. If when I'm done, I still have the pangs then I must be hungry and it's time to eat. More times than not though, it was an emotional thing bothering me that needed an outlet, or boredom or something else. Use of this new approach to food has helped me to lose 14lbs so far.

But I did have a boo boo today . . .

I just got banded last Tuesday (11/4/08) and am having SERIOUS cravings for something sweet. Probably because I've been denied sugar for so long. :thumbdown:

Anyways, my 3rd day into soft foods and I have what I call a slip up. Someone brought in cupcakes to work and I didn't have the strength to say no even though I knew all the reasons to do so. Good thing is I couldn't eat more than the crown part but I still feel REALLY GUILTY and am starting to freak myself out. I hear the voice in my head already saying this isn't gonna work for me. I'm at the beginning and already screwing up, what's to keep me from doing it again. I've been enjoying the prospect of losing my excess weight since March and now that I have what I think I need to change my habits, I'm TERRIFIED of going back.

What can I do to curb cravings? I know they are now but are treats complete no no's down the line? What did you do to help yourself with it?

That's five to six months and you could easily be at goal or close to goal. What about a June date to meet. I know it's pretty warm in Vegas that time of the year. Maybe the others would be willing to go then so that it would be easier for you to make it. Just a thought.

Oh no, I'd much rather go in April or May. Vegas gets too hot!! I used to live there too, hee hee. I should be able to work something out. Most things I have going that time of year other than my grandma's 100th bday are pretty negotiatable. I won't miss Grandma's 100th though.