Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

So strange...did not ever order steak or even eat it at home b/4 banding. The thought of steak made me gag even though we always buy a half of beef from our farmer neighbor and my DH cannot live without this farmers steak.

Well, went out for a friend's bday for lunch. Tired of chicken, salads are always such a waste so thought I would try their butterflied sirloin (5oz). Best damned meal I ever had. I savored every bite......ate about 3/4 of it. I just don't get my taste buds. I swear they have changed since being banded. So many things I eat now that I never would have b/4.

Hope everyone had a good day and wishing you a GREAT day tomorrow.

Lori

I quit the email notification - as it just clogged up my email - I just ck my usercp to see if anyone has posted to the threads that I post on..

Congrats on your Dr appointment - Yes you are doing fantastic... I loved the part about him not accepting the excuse of hating to sweat.. Too Funny..

Fingers crossed on the job - heck you could end up running the place...

That's great of your son - I am cooking turkey - but it will be like 5 max - so I will be getting a little bird - I am not a big turkey eater anyway - I always liked the stuffing and mash potatoes - like turkey sandwiches - so I guess I will get some lite bread to make some..

If my email notifications don't start coming again, how do I check at my c/p?? Not sure I've seen that feature. Guess I will have to explore around tomorrow.

Well, I'm happy to report that Miss Mean & Nasty called me today. While I did not receive an apology for her rudeness, I did receive a status report...I'M SUBMITTED FOR INSURANCE APPROVAL!

She also very matter-of-factly informed me that she would be calling the insurance company (Anthem BC) tomorrow to confirm that they had received the paperwork, and that she would call again on Friday to confirm that it was being reviewed. She also stated that she would call me back to let me know what the results of her phone calls to the insurance company were.

So while she's not exactly warm & fuzzy, she does seem to have a plan of attack that I can get on board with! :rolleyes2:

The only person in my surgeons office that was a little difficult to work with was the insurance person. Maybe it's part of the job description! Though I was self pay she is still the one that scheduled my surgery and I got the funds to etc. I've heard others complain about her too, but also hear how she's ruthless when fighting with the insurance companies. And she really comes through in the end. Glad it's working out for you and she is gong to keep you in the loop on your approval process.

My email notifications stopped coming, too!

Wonder why??

3_8_6.gif

Me too wondering why, that is how I came to the site usually. Hope they return.

So strange...did not ever order steak or even eat it at home b/4 banding. The thought of steak made me gag even though we always buy a half of beef from our farmer neighbor and my DH cannot live without this farmers steak.

Well, went out for a friend's bday for lunch. Tired of chicken, salads are always such a waste so thought I would try their butterflied sirloin (5oz). Best damned meal I ever had. I savored every bite......ate about 3/4 of it. I just don't get my taste buds. I swear they have changed since being banded. So many things I eat now that I never would have b/4.

Hope everyone had a good day and wishing you a GREAT day tomorrow.

Apple - That's is strange - my desire for food is about the same except now I consider the caloires in what I am eating..- I still love my steak mooing.. But notice I have to eat filet migon - I have tried NY & Ribeyes they are a bit to stringy for my band.. Last night pork chop in Tomato bisque Soup - I only got about 1/2 my dinner in - just wasn't agreeing with my band - but the handfull of cheeto puffs did:eek:

If my email notifications don't start coming again, how do I check at my c/p?? Not sure I've seen that feature. Guess I will have to explore around tomorrow.

Lori

Upper left hand corner below the Home tab - it's the 1st tab - next to forum rules - click on that then below it should say subscribed thread - if some has post to a thread you have posted on it should show up - if not that means there are no responses to that thread. --

----------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Ladies

Hump day for me - only 5 more work days (not counting today) ... So that means I need to get my butt in gear and get my desk cleaned up --- So I wil cbl:tongue:

Lori

Upper left hand corner below the Home tab - it's the 1st tab - next to forum rules - click on that then below it should say subscribed thread - if some has post to a thread you have posted on it should show up - if not that means there are no responses to that thread. --

Thanks, Janet, found it. However, it seems to take me to the last post in the thread. The thing I liked about the email notifications is when you clicked on it, it took you directly to the newest post since you last visited and you could read them in order easily w/o having to figure out where you left off. Is there anyway to do that when you click on the subscribed threads?

Thanks, Janet, found it. However, it seems to take me to the last post in the thread. The thing I liked about the email notifications is when you clicked on it, it took you directly to the newest post since you last visited and you could read them in order easily w/o having to figure out where you left off. Is there anyway to do that when you click on the subscribed threads?

click on subscribed thread then Click on last page then at the top of that page in the left hand corner it says - view 1st unread post - click on that

I am trying to decide when to have my lap band, it will probably be next year. My question to the seasoned lapbanders is, do you ever think about what can happen to the band after so many years inside of you? Like will it integrate itself into your organs or whatever else is around it.

That is the one question that really worries me.

Thanks

Happy Birthday November babies! I've been having hard time with LBT, kicking me off, no email notification, etc but it seems to be working now.

Phyll - maybe we can have a delayed bday celebration when I'm in Palm Springs in Dec. Looking forward to meeting you and Janet.

Ellen, glad to see you're back. Nice job on 52 lbs!

Snowing, 23 degrees and windy. Winter is definitely here in VT!

- Kathy

Good afternoon. I am figuring this subscribed threads thing out, thanks for the help Janet. I just hope my email notifications start coming again.

Question, I picked up a flyer in the dr office yesterday about medical ID bracelets. Does anyone here have one? If so what does it say? Does it give you peace of mind? Not sure if it's really needed or not. This flyer was from Lauren's hope and they are quite pricey.

I am trying to decide when to have my lap band, it will probably be next year. My question to the seasoned lapbanders is, do you ever think about what can happen to the band after so many years inside of you? Like will it integrate itself into your organs or whatever else is around it.

That is the one question that really worries me.

Thanks

Yes a little bit (it's in the back of my mind at time) - but heck with bypass - sleeve anything can happen that goes against the norm.. The all have problems at times - There are risk in everything you do - heck what are the risks by staying fat.

If you follow the rules - don't have your band super tight and have a little luck on your side - I am praying mine will be ok.

I am not worried about intergating into other organs but erroring in to stomach or slippage that's why I say it bad to be too tight (some pple have their bands super tight) and following the rules for the slippage issue and to make sure that you go to a doc who know's what he/she is doing..

The band has only been approved in the USA since like 01 but has been done in Europe & Austrialia for years - July 07 they (allergan) came out with a new improved band that is suppose to not have the problems that the older one did..

Good Luck on your journey -

Happy Birthday November babies! I've been having hard time with LBT, kicking me off, no email notification, etc but it seems to be working now.

Phyll - maybe we can have a delayed bday celebration when I'm in Palm Springs in Dec. Looking forward to meeting you and Janet.

Ellen, glad to see you're back. Nice job on 52 lbs!

Snowing, 23 degrees and windy. Winter is definitely here in VT!

- Kathy

88 degrees here :) I wish it was 65 so I could wear my sweaters...:unsure:

Good afternoon. I am figuring this subscribed threads thing out, thanks for the help Janet. I just hope my email notifications start coming again.

Question, I picked up a flyer in the dr office yesterday about medical ID bracelets. Does anyone here have one? If so what does it say? Does it give you peace of mind? Not sure if it's really needed or not. This flyer was from Lauren's hope and they are quite pricey.

Lori - I carry a medical emergency card in my wallet that says I am banded and who my Doc is - the braclets say no NG tubes on them - I made my own med emergency card list my emergency contact - what meds I take and who my doctors are - no know allergies and Catholic and I added this alert in caps- MEDICAL ALERT NO NG TUBES AS I HAVE A GASTRIC LABPAND

I'm in Grand Prairie, right next to Arlington Tx. Doesn't take me long at all to get into Ft Worth. I can meet you anywhere, doesn't matter to me. Where exactly is Trinity Towers? Mom went with me this morning to get my band filled, I asked her where its located, we were thinking close to the Trinity River and downtown Ft Worth. My lap band Dr. is next to downtown Ft Worth. Any time, any place is fine. I'm so anxious to meet you. :)

Hey all (Wed evening). Yesterday was my 5th month bandiversary. Went to Dr., got 05cc came home. Got on scale this morning and GUESS WHAT!!!!

:):thumbup::unsure::thumbup:50-50-50-50-50:thumbup::smile::thumbup::blush:

I dont know how to do all the fancy stuff on the computer but I AM THRILLED with this program. I finally hit 50 lbs. Today, I have had liquids all day and tomorrow its on to soft foods so we will see how this fill works. Also, I am not getting any email notifications either. I have been having trouble getting on and posting too. I wonder what is wrong? I got a personal email notice from a lapbander and I think it was killjar or jillcar or something like that, and I lost it and I can't find her on here. Does anyone remember her user name. I think her family lives by me and maybe she was gonna meet me but don't know. If anyone remembers her let me know.

Beckyo:tt1::w00t::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1:

Becky

Congratulation 50 lbs in 5 months

Fantastic - WTG

23_5_131.gif 23_5_121.gif 23_5_127.gif 23_5_108.gif 23_5_109v.gif 23_5_104.gif 23_5_102.gif 23_28_116.gif

Kjillcar is who you are talking about her and Lori were the one of the 1st 2 to post on this thread...

PJ - I think the Trinity River Runs on the side of her apt - you see a river when you look out her window - It's on Texas St - it's about 30 minutes from DFW airport if I remember correctly..

NG tube is what they stick down your nose into your stomach usually it's for a feeding tube but they use it to pump your stomach too and I read that the can give you meds that way also... They can put a hole in your stomach cuz now we have little passage way...

I posted when I got home from the gym at 6 but I guess the cyper post ghost stole it.. :thumbup:

I left and went to costco and got some scallops for dinner - then had to p/u some shrimp then some Filet migon - a new alex cross book and some aspraguas (sp) and a pair of size 4 cords. - $102 later I am home - but heck the steak will make 6 meals $3.33 for filet migon ain't bad.. Same goes for the scallops most likely 6 or 7 meals $2,86 ish - Shrimp about 7 meals $1.71ish - Asparagus $2 per meal - so not that bad

Well it's 8:27 and I am hungry - so going to go cook Scallop cooked in a little butter with garlic - lean cusine feticunnie alfread - then cut the scallops up and put in the fetticunie (less the oil) - its an excellent fast dinner

Talk to you all tomorrow

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS