Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi All,

The Vegas idea sounds good. I will not be able to make April or May - I will be visiting my daughter in Korea, as she is having her second baby in 2 years and I would not miss seeing the 2 year old and the new baby for anything! (REALLY miss DD and her hubby, too.) June may work out for me, but I'm not going to commit just yet. The $5 bill savings plan sounds good, Janet, but I may need all of that and more for this Korea trip!

20 days to my LB Day. I alternate between excitement and nerves. I'll be getting the Realize band at my surgeon's recommendation, and I've gone out to the website to do all the pre-surgery reading, setting up my food diary, stuff like that. I believe that keeps my mind where it should be and helps me stay positive about this whole decision - the same function all you great banded people do for me, too. I must need a lot of support!!! I'm sure glad I found all of you!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that it makes a lot of difference when it comes to harvest. We just keep it up until we get it done every day of the week. We'll get there. Just seems like a really long fall this year. Running at 2/3 capacity because of the dryer fire the other night. Will get it back to 100% after the new unit is put in later today.

Think I finally have this maintenance thing figured out. I think I have stressed more in the last month than I did the entire 11 months of losing. I dropped 7lbs below goal but slowly getting back to where I should be. Had to defy my doc's orders and add a couple of Snacks (he really advised against it but no way to maintain on 1/2 cup meals 3x daily). 600 cals a day that doc recommends was not cutting it for me. I'm at 1200 cals and it feels right.

I don't want to come across as "bragging" about being below what I want to be. I almost went into panic mode over it all. I am an extremely active person and now know that I was burning more than I was taking in.

All I can say is that life is GOOD. Did a little internet shopping on the Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic site last night. I got totally great deals on some shorts, t shirts and capris. $9 capris and $6 t shirts. That even included two pair of denims. I love a good deal. New York and Co had some good deals also but their site was not working. I should be all set for our FL trip and for next summer.

Better get back to it. Haven't done my daily baking yet. Making whole wheat/honey/cottage cheese bread this afternoon. Love the smell in the house when bread is baking.

Heading to karoke with friends tonight. Think DS will be joining us. He's this kid that is 27, usually listens to alternative music but sings Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, Jr. songs. He can really get a crowd going.

Hope everyone is having a good day and will have a great weekend!!!!!

Good afternoon!! Just got home from a good morning of shopping! I got a down winter vest that is faux fur lined. It's a large!! YAHOO! good thing it fit as they were out of XL's and only had 2 L's. Then I went to Sears as they carry Land's End (I hate Sears but love Land's End) and got some waterproof snow boots. I thought that was a good way to make sure it won't snow when we go to S. Dakota for Thanksgiving was to be prepared for it. And right next to the boots I went in for were some cute shoes so had to get those too. I tell DH it's okay given all he's spent on hunting stuff for this trip. He tries to say his comes out of the grocery fund as he is putting food on the table! Yeah right!! I used to have a real problem with hunting, but anymore as long as he eat what he shoots I'm fine with it. He has that and now with my new lifestyle I pop in a piece of fish or something. And it kindda does help with the food budget.

My knee injections seem to be helping a tad. I have one more to go and am supposed to keep feeling more relief for a few weeks, I pray that is so!

I was down one more pound this morning!! 83!!!

Charlene, I know you enjoyed your granddaughter but I bet you are ready for some time to yourself. Hope your back is better.

Hi All,

The Vegas idea sounds good. I will not be able to make April or May - I will be visiting my daughter in Korea, as she is having her second baby in 2 years and I would not miss seeing the 2 year old and the new baby for anything! (REALLY miss DD and her hubby, too.) June may work out for me, but I'm not going to commit just yet. The $5 bill savings plan sounds good, Janet, but I may need all of that and more for this Korea trip!

20 days to my LB Day. I alternate between excitement and nerves. I'll be getting the Realize band at my surgeon's recommendation, and I've gone out to the website to do all the pre-surgery reading, setting up my food diary, stuff like that. I believe that keeps my mind where it should be and helps me stay positive about this whole decision - the same function all you great banded people do for me, too. I must need a lot of support!!! I'm sure glad I found all of you!

JoannMarie - Girl you are going to be a perfect bander..

Heck so many pple don't even come to lbt til after they were banded- you know everything there is to know about the band... I know it's scary to give up your best freind - but if I remember right you are already doing that - 12/4 you date I was thinking about it the other day - that was my bro' Jimmy's wedding date..

We are so blessed to have you as a part of our family...

I understanding missing your kids - I miss mine terribly - I have a very small family now - not that it was ever really big - but I miss my DS DIL GD'S so much - you take it for granted when they live around the corner..

But that being said - I don't miss some of the things I had to do when they were here - like picking kids up after school..

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that it makes a lot of difference when it comes to harvest. We just keep it up until we get it done every day of the week. We'll get there. Just seems like a really long fall this year. Running at 2/3 capacity because of the dryer fire the other night. Will get it back to 100% after the new unit is put in later today.

Think I finally have this maintenance thing figured out. I think I have stressed more in the last month than I did the entire 11 months of losing. I dropped 7lbs below goal but slowly getting back to where I should be. Had to defy my doc's orders and add a couple of Snacks (he really advised against it but no way to maintain on 1/2 cup meals 3x daily). 600 cals a day that doc recommends was not cutting it for me. I'm at 1200 cals and it feels right.

I don't want to come across as "bragging" about being below what I want to be. I almost went into panic mode over it all. I am an extremely active person and now know that I was burning more than I was taking in.

All I can say is that life is GOOD. Did a little internet shopping on the Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic site last night. I got totally great deals on some shorts, t shirts and capris. $9 capris and $6 t shirts. That even included two pair of denims. I love a good deal. New York and Co had some good deals also but their site was not working. I should be all set for our FL trip and for next summer.

Better get back to it. Haven't done my daily baking yet. Making whole wheat/honey/cottage cheese bread this afternoon. Love the smell in the house when bread is baking.

Heading to karoke with friends tonight. Think DS will be joining us. He's this kid that is 27, usually listens to alternative music but sings Johnny Cash and Hank Williams, Jr. songs. He can really get a crowd going.

Hope everyone is having a good day and will have a great weekend!!!!!

Apple - OMW Girl aren't you a ball of energy.... I totally agree with you about adding the Snacks - and I will tell you it's ok to brag - you have done the work - Heck look at all the food you cook 24/7 and still have gotten to goal fast!!!

My hat's off to you lady... Heck for me it was about and still is advoidance - I don't know if I could do all that cooking and baking without sampling...

To day I am hungry - I had turkey keilbasa (sp) onion, bell pepper, jalapeno & red potatoes w/garlic salt & pepper - one pot wonder for lunch had about 1 1/2 cups and still hunger.. I sorta feel like I am coming down with a cold..

Good afternoon!! Just got home from a good morning of shopping! I got a down winter vest that is faux fur lined. It's a large!! YAHOO! good thing it fit as they were out of XL's and only had 2 L's. Then I went to Sears as they carry Land's End (I hate Sears but love Land's End) and got some waterproof snow boots. I thought that was a good way to make sure it won't snow when we go to S. Dakota for Thanksgiving was to be prepared for it. And right next to the boots I went in for were some cute shoes so had to get those too. I tell DH it's okay given all he's spent on hunting stuff for this trip. He tries to say his comes out of the grocery fund as he is putting food on the table! Yeah right!! I used to have a real problem with hunting, but anymore as long as he eat what he shoots I'm fine with it. He has that and now with my new lifestyle I pop in a piece of fish or something. And it kindda does help with the food budget.

My knee injections seem to be helping a tad. I have one more to go and am supposed to keep feeling more relief for a few weeks, I pray that is so!

I was down one more pound this morning!! 83!!!

Charlene, I know you enjoyed your granddaughter but I bet you are ready for some time to yourself. Hope your back is better.

Congrats Lori - you are doing so wonderful !!!

Well, Janet, I am lucky because I have NEVER been a sweet eater. My downfall was always snacky/salty things. My one 100 cal bag of popcorn a day takes care of that craving. I have not buckled to temptation even once in my year of doing this. I have treated myself on special occasion but I do not see that as cheating. I see that as something deserved. But, not like it used to be. As I have seen so many others post, b/4 this process I would have eaten a huge bowl of buttered popcorn. Now I'm full on my little bag. I could just cry every time I think of how well my band has worked for me.

Janet, your Aunt is soooo close to me. Would love to meet you when you visit, let me know if it can be arranged.

Pj

I was just banded on Halloween. I did research about a year and a half prior. I was looking for a group that talked about their experiences, meals, success, disappointment, etc. I have been reading the threads and feel that I finally have found some people to talk to. I am so thankful for each of your advice listed.

I was just banded on Halloween. I did research about a year and a half prior. I was looking for a group that talked about their experiences, meals, success, disappointment, etc. I have been reading the threads and feel that I finally have found some people to talk to. I am so thankful for each of your advice listed.

Welcome! You have come to the right place. Janet is our guru. You will get alot of good advice here.:cool:

Beachlover - welcome. You'll love this thread.

Apples - you sound so happy! Brag all you want about being below goal. You deserve it.

Sounds like we're all doing a little shopping. I went out yesterday (and may I add I HATE to shop). Having said that I was pleasantly surprised that I'm now in L tops and down 2 pants sizes! Didn't think I was making any progress, but I guess I am.

Janet - you are absolutely right about exercising. I went again yesterday and did cardio intervals with my trainer. I struggle to get my heart rate up to max, which is where the calories will really burn. We have a new plan in place for reaching cardio max. I'm psyched!

I also saw my doc on Friday. Scheduled for my 3rd fill on 11/24, before Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy

Good morning everyone. I guess I need support too. I am finding myself eating more even though I think I am just about at my sweet spot. It is pathetic; all I want to do is eat, eat, eat! I was banded 5/5/08 and did really well before and just after banding. My will power is for Sh*&! The support would be really great if you don't mind. I have posted on here before but have been lurking more often than not in the past couple of months. I really love this site and look forward to making new and supportive friends.

Michelle

Good morning everyone. I guess I need support too. I am finding myself eating more even though I think I am just about at my sweet spot. It is pathetic; all I want to do is eat, eat, eat! I was banded 5/5/08 and did really well before and just after banding. My will power is for Sh*&! The support would be really great if you don't mind. I have posted on here before but have been lurking more often than not in the past couple of months. I really love this site and look forward to making new and supportive friends.

Michelle

Michelle - bless your heart - I know you are frustrated, but you are over half way to your goal!!! You have made amazing progress. I'll bet you feel much better and have a lot more energy than when you were banded. Get your head back in it, Girl! You will be successful...

All you lovely banded people out there - I hear you talking about Bandster Hell - that time just before and sometimes just after the first fill. Sometimes I think the place where Michelle is might be a second Bandster Hell - about halfway to goal, but all those nasty demons of the past begin to rear their ugly heads and make you question if this is really doing you any good. I hope you have some words of wisdom for Michelle - and me! I'll be there, too, one of these days...:rolleyes:

JoannMarie, thank you. I am very frustrated. I know I did the right thing, and you're right; I feel great. I haven't been this weight since 97, and that was only because I got really sick and lost about 50 lbs. I got pregnant and gained it all back. I wasn't able to lose it again until now. I never want to go back to fatland, it is just too depressing being there. My heart is in this, I just don't have the willpower to keep my mouth closed when it comes to the food. I will work harder to be good, I am walking a little over 2 miles a day and am trying to get into a gym. My Curves closed and left a bunch of us out in the cold. So once again my search begins and I am determined to re-start my journey. Thank you. I feel better already.

I have internet at home again:thumbup: ($200 worth) - at least on my new laptop (well really it was my bro's laptop) any way went and got new wireless rouiter and adapter - had my pc working for a minute then can't connect - so I am trying this one out and it's working ok - gut typing on the laptop is diff so bare with me on this.. cuz the keys are diff than my pc

heck my typing is bad to being with now this diff key board.:rolleyes:

Janet, your Aunt is soooo close to me. Would love to meet you when you visit, let me know if it can be arranged. Pj

Of course PJ - I would love to meet w/you.. I gotta figure out when i am going. She is going on a Cruise 1/20 i think - her 93rd bday is 1/2 - but I think I might go President's weekend whatever date that's going to be next yr.. But not sure yet - I will arrange my flight home to be later in the day - My Aunt's not a morning person - ususally connect with her around 11 ish so If I have a flight home on Monday then I could meet up with you the day I leave - I will just tell Aunt that my flight leaves earlier - you know so I don't hurt her feeling but 2 days will be enough time spent together - when I know actually when I am going - I will let you know..

Welcome Beachlover - (I am too :thumbup:)

We are here for you.. I can't say I have any dissapointments.. I am super happy. But I was lucky to be able to get to my sweet spot fast - I think that would be the biggest dissapointment for most - well that and that the band is going to do all the work for you :w00t:

I'm not saying anyone here feels that way - but you would be suprised on how many pple think that way..

Ask and you shall be answered.. I am back online at home - so will be around more often than I have this past week..

Beachlover - welcome. You'll love this thread.

Apples - you sound so happy! Brag all you want about being below goal. You deserve it.

Sounds like we're all doing a little shopping. I went out yesterday (and may I add I HATE to shop). Having said that I was pleasantly surprised that I'm now in L tops and down 2 pants sizes! Didn't think I was making any progress, but I guess I am.

Janet - you are absolutely right about exercising. I went again yesterday and did cardio intervals with my trainer. I struggle to get my heart rate up to max, which is where the calories will really burn. We have a new plan in place for reaching cardio max. I'm psyched!

I also saw my doc on Friday. Scheduled for my 3rd fill on 11/24, before Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Kathy

Kathy Well you have a mini goal since we are meeting up next month :sad: Yep exercise is key key key.. I am glad you are getting filled prior to turkey day - you wouldn't beleive the pple who don't so that they can eat more for the holidays and who get unfilled prior to going on vacation. How dumb imho..

Congrats on the large tops and 2 sizes down on your pants !!!

Michelle

Michelle - You are doing very well !!! look at what you have acomplished 1/2 to goal in 6 months .. As i am always preaching - our weight issues are more than just physical restriction - it's really our heads that need banding :wink2:

We are here for you.. So come back talk to us..

---------------------------------------

Ok ladies just cking in -now gotta go see if my regular pc will connect to the internet this laptop is hurting my back.. It's on my desk and i am having to sit super straight to type well now I put it on my lap. lets see how that works - i guess they call it a laptop so that's where it's suppose to be :mad:

Yesterday went to San Marcos (close to San Diego) with my gf and her daughter - did some shopping myself - 1st time since Sept which is a biggie for me as during my weight loss phase it seemed like I was shopping every weekend..

I was shocked that at Chico I am too small for their pants - their sizing is diff 3 to 0 - well the 0 fit sorta - but if I bought them by the end of the day they would be way too big -

I celebrated by eating a dounut on the way home - my 1st in 16 months - and it curbed my cravings for it - It's funny how our brains do change - I wanted 2 - got one - ate it - and fell fine with just the one and today went right back to eating healthy..

Well I gotta get ready for work tomorrow - will talk to you all then..

Hugs Janet

Janet....isn't it a great feeling to walk in a store (that would've had nothing that fit you months ago) and things are too big? Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!! And a doughnut treat besides. I have heard so many people say that they get stuck when they try doughnuts. If you used to be like the rest of us pre-band.....we wouldn't have stopped at one doughnut.

I, too, went shopping today. Found two Woolrich boiled wool vests and two Jones New York turtle necks to go under my wool sweaters. I have lost my insulation. I have slept naked for as long as I can remember. I am now wearing my cold weather Under Armour to bed. My DH actually thinks they are "cute".

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was good even though we worked most of it. (Harvest). Can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. We should be done by Wed. or Thurs. Always a good feeling to be done.

Noticing that it is getting much easier for me to be out and about socially and eat. It took me quite awhile to feel comfortable and not feel like everyone was staring at me. I always carry something in my purse just in case but usually there are things wherever I have go. My friends are pretty considerate when I am with them at meal time. Last time I did a "girls weekend" I was stressing for a week. I head out for another "girls weekend" this next. I qualified for a 3 card poker tournament at a casino a couple of hours away. Also, my 53rd bday and the girls are coming along to help Celebrate. I have a lot to Celebrate. This have been quite a year. The lap band is one of the best things I have done for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet....isn't it a great feeling to walk in a store (that would've had nothing that fit you months ago) and things are too big? Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!! And a doughnut treat besides. I have heard so many people say that they get stuck when they try doughnuts. If you used to be like the rest of us pre-band.....we wouldn't have stopped at one doughnut.

I, too, went shopping today. Found two Woolrich boiled wool vests and two Jones New York turtle necks to go under my wool sweaters. I have lost my insulation. I have slept naked for as long as I can remember. I am now wearing my cold weather Under Armour to bed. My DH actually thinks they are "cute".

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was good even though we worked most of it. (Harvest). Can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. We should be done by Wed. or Thurs. Always a good feeling to be done.

Noticing that it is getting much easier for me to be out and about socially and eat. It took me quite awhile to feel comfortable and not feel like everyone was staring at me. I always carry something in my purse just in case but usually there are things wherever I have go. My friends are pretty considerate when I am with them at meal time. Last time I did a "girls weekend" I was stressing for a week. I head out for another "girls weekend" this next. I qualified for a 3 card poker tournament at a casino a couple of hours away. Also, my 53rd bday and the girls are coming along to help Celebrate. I have a lot to celebrate. This have been quite a year. The lap band is one of the best things I have done for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep it's just amazing that I am a size 4 - I am the weight that I started my freshman year in high school..

I can eat almost anything - I have eaten 1/2 bagel with lite cream cheese - donut small bites it was just fine. The only thing I really havent tried is like a submarine sandwich - on a thick sour dough type roll - I really don't think I could eat that - I could most likely have a couple bites - but I still like to get the most bang for my buck (eat more least amount of calories) - that an fast food. But I was never a big burger eater to begin with..

Oh let me tell you my old head wanted to get 2(or more) - but the new me won out..

Yes eating out can be stressful until we learn that we can do it - small bites and chew - eating out is sorta my 2% treat area - I don't do it too often- so when I do - I get something in the middle of a healthy diet - I don't get the alfreado sauce but I would get a lasagna ..

When's the 53 bday ???

------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning gang - Hope everyone had a good weekend..

I am at work and need to get busy cuz I have 8 days left then I will be off for a week - so I have to have ALL my work done.. So better get started.. Will cbl :smile2: