Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all (Monday). Sounds like everyone is doing good so far. My dh brought home chinese for supper tonight. I ate it but it didn't set well with me. My weight will go up because of the sodium but I rarely every have that anymore so I not going to sweat it. Nothing going on with me. I have been deep cleaning for the holidays so thats about it for me. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work girls and guys!

Beckyo:thumbup::eek::thumbup::eek:

I might have to unsubscribe from Lane Bryants email list! :laugh:

Lori

Yes your are going to have to unsubscribe to Lane Bryant, Romans, Avenue and all the other BBW catalogs... :0)

I still get a couple, I just give them to the BBW of the office

Hi all (Monday). Sounds like everyone is doing good so far. My dh brought home chinese for supper tonight. I ate it but it didn't set well with me. My weight will go up because of the sodium but I rarely every have that anymore so I not going to sweat it. Nothing going on with me. I have been deep cleaning for the holidays so thats about it for me. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work girls and guys!

Beckyo:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::w00t:

Becky

I will be off for as of Thanksgiving (Thurs & Friday) and then the following week - I will do my holiday cleaning and decorating then.

I was going to DS for Turkey day - but my work only allows 3 days berevement - and I was out 7 days - so I lost 4 vacation days - I usually take the week of Thanksgiving and the week after off - I get all my shopping for Xmas done then.

I really have it pretty easy since I give everyone gift cards and a present or 2 under the tree (Son & Family comming to my house for Xmas) but my DG is only 4 so she will get presents - but don't know how they are going to get them home.. She thinks I am Santa cuz when they lived here I would go to their house early in the morning (wearing my Santa hat) to see her open presents. So cuz of that she thinks I'm Santa...

Well, GS now has internet - but I still don't - will have to work on it again tonite... Computers can be so confusing - We were on the phone w/Time Warner and I think they outsource (if you catch my drift) and some dumb lady had me so fricken confussed - I said hear talk to GS as what she was telling me didn't make any sense..

Well, just cking in - I will cbl - Have a good day everyone - good food choices and drink your Water :crying:

Hi everyone - back from my 5 day business trip to Orlando. I ate way too much, in fact gained 3 lbs. I can't wait for my next fill so it can help with Portion Control. I think I'm going to do the 5 day pouch test just to get me back into the swing of things. Next trip is Palm Springs in early December. I really need to get control before that trip.

Lori - congrats on 80 lbs! What an achievement. Did I see you were in VT. My guess it was Burlington since you mentioned the Christmas Tree Shop. I live in Burlington. Snowing today!

Beckyo - nice job getting to one-derland.

Well, back to work. It's great to be home reading all your posts.

Kathy

Hi everyone - back from my 5 day business trip to Orlando. I ate way too much, in fact gained 3 lbs. I can't wait for my next fill so it can help with Portion Control. I think I'm going to do the 5 day pouch test just to get me back into the swing of things. Next trip is Palm Springs in early December. I really need to get control before that trip.

Lori - congrats on 80 lbs! What an achievement. Did I see you were in VT. My guess it was Burlington since you mentioned the Christmas Tree Shop. I live in Burlington. Snowing today!

Beckyo - nice job getting to one-derland.

Well, back to work. It's great to be home reading all your posts.

Kathy

Welcome home! Yes I was in Burlington. We flew in Sat. evening and left Sunday morning. We stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was a couple blocks from Christmas Tree Shops. We wanted to walk down to a restaurant called Ninety-nine or something like that but it was raining and we didn't want to get caught that far on foot if it poured harder. So then we went to Longhorn and the wait was 90 min. so we ended up at Ponderosa. It was a buffet!! Like I got my money's worth. They wouldn't let me order the kids steak but compromised and let me get the senior one. Glad we got out before the snow flew. We were expecting possible snow yesterday but it never happened, sunny out now.

Apples, well FL isn't that from from ATL. :unsure: Are you still going to go to FL??? We are still tenatively thinking of going down for a few days in Jan. or Feb.

Thanks for the feedback on sizes. I was getting too hung up on numbers and I know that so that's why I did go ahead and get the pants that I liked better (and were cheaper) vs the 14's. But I now know they fit and 14's fit in a couple stores too. COOL!! I might have to unsubscribe from Lane Bryants email list! :D

Yep, still planning on spending about a month or more in FL. I'll PM or email you with my cell# in a couple of weeks so that you can contact me when you get down there (or a few days b/4 so we can work out a plan to meet. We will not be there until Jan 15 though. We rented our cabin through Feb 15 and plan on taking a month just for travel b/4 and after that time. I am sooooo excited and looking forward to meeting you.

We should all plan a summer meeting to the Mall of America. By that time most will be close to goal and we can all get to know each other and do some power shopping. Wouldn't that be great? If anyone else have a better place to meet, I would be open to that also. I would love it if we could stay a close knit group for years. We could also invite the 50's group and "I'm here to help" group. :tt1:

Good attitude about the size thing, Long. I know it's difficult to get our heads around and accept a size larger than what we are wearing. That's when I just rip that tag off and appreciate the fact that I got a good price.

Yep, still planning on spending about a month or more in FL. I'll PM or email you with my cell# in a couple of weeks so that you can contact me when you get down there (or a few days b/4 so we can work out a plan to meet. We will not be there until Jan 15 though. We rented our cabin through Feb 15 and plan on taking a month just for travel b/4 and after that time. I am sooooo excited and looking forward to meeting you.

We should all plan a summer meeting to the Mall of America. By that time most will be close to goal and we can all get to know each other and do some power shopping. Wouldn't that be great? If anyone else have a better place to meet, I would be open to that also. I would love it if we could stay a close knit group for years. We could also invite the 50's group and "I'm here to help" group. :D

Good attitude about the size thing, Long. I know it's difficult to get our heads around and accept a size larger than what we are wearing. That's when I just rip that tag off and appreciate the fact that I got a good price.

Apples - that where us lucky #7 met in july (mofa) - the only problem I felt was that we didn't have enough time together.. We all got there friday - shopped sat & sun (2 left on sunday afternoon) and the rest of us left monday

I just felt that we didn't get enough time together - 4 of us stayed up til about midnite talking but the others were beat..

With the economy as it is - and me taking my GS on his 18th BDay/Graduation Cruise - I don't know if I could swing it but will have to just wait and see..

Apples - that where us lucky #7 met in july (mofa) - the only problem I felt was that we didn't have enough time together.. We all got there friday - shopped sat & sun (2 left on sunday afternoon) and the rest of us left monday

I just felt that we didn't get enough time together - 4 of us stayed up til about midnite talking but the others were beat..

With the economy as it is - and me taking my GS on his 18th BDay/Graduation Cruise - I don't know if I could swing it but will have to just wait and see..

You made a good point, Janet. I would be somewhat disappointed if I traveled to meet people and really didn't have the time to sit and visit. Maybe us girls should do a camping trip somewhere. Maybe Colorado (central location)...rent a cabin or something for a long weekend. Just something to think about.

Winter storm warnings here all day until 6pm. Slid into town this morning and sleeting on the way home. Doing my favorite snow day activity...baking and cooking. Have my Body Armour on under my clothes and the heat turned up. No...I am not wishing for my insulation back!

You made a good point, Janet. I would be somewhat disappointed if I traveled to meet people and really didn't have the time to sit and visit. Maybe us girls should do a camping trip somewhere. Maybe Colorado (central location)...rent a cabin or something for a long weekend. Just something to think about.

Winter storm warnings here all day until 6pm. Slid into town this morning and sleeting on the way home. Doing my favorite snow day activity...baking and cooking. Have my Body Armour on under my clothes and the heat turned up. No...I am not wishing for my insulation back!

I'd love to shop for new clothes, but Colorado is good for me too!! :D Vegas is a easy place for most folks to get to as well. We could lounge at a pool and gab all day (in the shade). or a cruise! well a gal can dream can't she?

CONGRATULATIONS, LORI!!!!! 80 POUNDS!!!!! Watching how well everyone is doing makes me even more excited about getting my 2nd fill next week. I am so tired of being at the same weight. I guess I shouldn't complain, because in another life, I'd be going up and up and up, so this is one step better. Losing would be best, however.

Sorry I haven't been around. Will try to get back again soon.

Love,

Ellen

I'd love to shop for new clothes, but Colorado is good for me too!! :unsure: Vegas is a easy place for most folks to get to as well. We could lounge at a pool and gab all day (in the shade). or a cruise! well a gal can dream can't she?

I'd go anywhere to be able to meet and get to know you girls!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Kathy

Maybe you'll have time to get together with Janet and I when you're in Palm Springs! That would be fun. Do you know where you'll be staying??

Good Morning Gang

I don't know if I have internet yet or not - I was tired last night - skipped the gym and went to bed at 8:30 and slept til 5 :0)...

Apples - Baking oh I would be in big trouble - cuz I would eat it... I was hungry last night - I think it was cuz I was tired that's a big food trigger for me... BF 310 - Lunch- 300 - dinner 400 - Snacks 300 or 400- ok that's only 1310 -1410- I think I am forgetting something - so I guess I didn't do bad - it just seemed like it - I guess my brain has changed some - it seemed like I ate the whole kitchen last night.

We (Lucky #7) were talking about Vegas next time but thought we might move it up cuz it's too hot in July - but heck who's really outside in Vegas :0) - I like the Vegas or Colorado idea.

Ellen - I totally understand how consumed your are right now with all the responsiblities that you have - yes your second fill should help tons - it was the one that got me to my sweet spot - so wishing you the same :0) - Hugs...

Lori - Cruising is my most fav thing... Am looking forward to my curise in March - it will be me and 2 18 yrs olds - wish me luck that I keep my sanity. (I know it's questionable if I am sane or not :thumbup:)

Phyl - Yes we will make plans to meet up w/Kathy when she comes - I have a party on the 6th (Sat Nite) so we can do Sat or Sunday day - even Friday nite...

Ok gotta get some work done - just cking in - I will ck back later...

Hugs Gang !!!

Janet and Phyll - Let's "ink in" Sunday, Dec 7 during the day. My meetings start Sunday around 4:00pm, but the day is free. Can't wait!!

I think Mall of America is actually a good idea. We can do a local hotel w/pool and other amenities, close to MofA, but shopping does not have to be the focus of the trip. (Personally, I'm not much of a shopper anyway.) I love the idea of Colorado - a resort w/cabins, beautiful mountains, cool summer breezes...lots of time to visit, hike, shop, etc. Lori - do you know of such a place? Would semi-local research be something you could do?

I think Mall of America is actually a good idea. We can do a local hotel w/pool and other amenities, close to MofA, but shopping does not have to be the focus of the trip. (Personally, I'm not much of a shopper anyway.) I love the idea of Colorado - a resort w/cabins, beautiful mountains, cool summer breezes...lots of time to visit, hike, shop, etc. Lori - do you know of such a place? Would semi-local research be something you could do?

No I don't know of a place but sure could do some research if that's what we decide. I saw a lot of cabins near Rocky Mtn Nat'l park when I was there this fall.

Just got home from a day of volunteering at the hospital again. Today I made notebooks for future surgery patients. Also visited a few post op patients in the hospital they were all bypass patients as lap band tend not to spend time in the hospital. I handed out support group info to them etc. One of the other volunteers asked hwo much I lost and what I weighed. She was shocked that I was still in the 200's (well into them at 225) she said you'd never know by looking at me, that felt great!!

Edited by Great2BThin