Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else eating normal?

I was banded on the 7th of May. I have a Protein Shake in the morning and usually yogurt for my two Snacks. I have been eating Lean Cuisines for lunch. I went out to dinner for my birthday and had about a 1/3 of a hamburger and that was it. I can't say I get full but I am not hungry. I have started losing weight now that I am getting around 1000 calories in. When I was only eating 500 to 600 calories I didn't lose any weight. I was bummed.

I haven't been on in a few days I've been having some awful nausea, it finally stopped and now I'm trying to get in some more calories and Protein, the first couple days it was hard getting in half of a Protein Shake and a bottle of Water, but my appetite is starting to seriously come back, and now all I want is a big block of cheddar cheese!

I had my surgery May 8th & I have been eating anything & everything I desire! I started mushies at 8 days out & have been eating normal for about 2 wks. I'm freaking out too since I can't seem to get a handle on my hunger. I go today for my 1st fill & I'm going to tell them to make sure they don't just give me a tiny fill. I cannot afford to wait 3 or more months to start losing weight.

I was banded on 5/19 and god help me can I eat! today I had two pieces of pizza and I don't really care for it but it was left over and fast to grab for work today- I am trying really hard to watch what Iput in my mouth but its not happening,

I won't even stand on the scale out of fear that I am gaining some of the weight back I had lost during post op-

next appointment isn't until July 3rd- and than he is suppose to tell me when I can have my first fill..

OH PLEASE LAB BAND GODS HELP ME! :confused:)

Hello, I felt the same way. I am now on week 5 and I can FINALLY eat real food. I am finally feeling like myself again. For me getting to the point where you could eat really helped me to feel better. I am sure that will happen for you also. I too have not lost much in the past few weeks. 13 down since surgery so I can't complain but I am hoping that I will lose more that I am eating real food and am able to be more active. Good Luck! Hope this is helpful.

In reality, most of we of the Tribe of the Morbidly Obese have no idea what "normal" eating actually is.

And I suggest rather than seeking the 'full' feeling we all grew up believing was the goal of eating, that we explore what the sensation of "satiety" has to offer.

"Normos" don't eat "5 ot 6 pieces of pizza".....at least....not the trim ones, and not very often.

When we go out to eat, simply observe the difference between what the trim person 3 tables over, is eating and how they do it. Then watch that 350# person at the other table, and seek what THEY are eating and how they do it.

I have to disagree with this one.. everybody's metabolism is different. I went to dinner with two of my gal pal's a few weeks ago and they are both thin/physically fit, and under 125 pounds and one of them ate a cheeseburger and fries and the other ordered TWO dinners.. I repeat, TWO DINNERS... a cheeseburger dinner and a taco dinner... she ate everything on both plates except for the garnish and a few onion rings. There are people who can eat like this and don't gain weight. If I would have eaten like them I would have gained 5 pounds easily. It sucks, but it's reality.

I was banded on the 7th of May. I have a Protein Shake in the morning and usually yogurt for my two Snacks. I have been eating Lean Cuisines for lunch. I went out to dinner for my birthday and had about a 1/3 of a hamburger and that was it. I can't say I get full but I am not hungry. I have started losing weight now that I am getting around 1000 calories in. When I was only eating 500 to 600 calories I didn't lose any weight. I was bummed.

I am in the same boat where you were. I am consuming about 600 calories a day and the lbs are not moving. I am having trouble eating 1000 calories a day. How do you fit it in? I have an egg and cheese for Breakfast, Protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. Is it the fruit carbs that help you get there???? Please let me know if you get a moment. Thanks KIM

you & i must be kindred spirits! i was banded 5/20 & have eaten normal food since the begining of week 2. although i have lost 20lbs i feel as if i am going to be a failure. won't get my first fill til 6/24 & i am anxious!!! i am usually very confident in my endeavors but this time, i don't know...

I'm about to start believing they keep you on a liquid diet so long to avoid this period of discouragement. I am able to eat (almost) like my old self- at 10 days out. I tried chicken today & I'm basically eating chicken & mashed potatoes. I chew very well, & I eat about half what I use to ...but in two hours, I'm eating the other half. I guess if the tool is in but not in use yet, that is what is to be expected. I hate that I couldn't stay on the liquids, but I am doing very well & chewing especially long.

:sad:Guess what guys--I was banded May 7th and only had to do 1 day clear liquid before, at 1week check up I had only lost 4 lbs. After surgery, I guess the third week I was really eating normal had steak, shrimp at different times and they didn't phase me. I didn't seem to eat as much but still no restrictions. Went for my 1st fill, and had gained 2 lbs. I have the realize band and was able to get 3cc's this was Tuesday the 3rd of June, this week right. I still feel no restrictions---I even ate steak tonight. Really-just tried to see if it would go down--and yes it did, I don't know whats going on. My nurse said sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 fills, but 3cc's and nothing. If it wasn't for my husband standing there watching them inject them I'd swear there was nothing. I am really getting discouraged, and that ain't pretty on me. I feel fairly full all day until the afternoon. I hope this thing is gonna work on me. I've seen it work on other people and know it does, but it is depressing. :wink2:

:sad:Guess what guys--I was banded May 7th and only had to do 1 day clear liquid before, at 1week check up I had only lost 4 lbs. After surgery, I guess the third week I was really eating normal had steak, shrimp at different times and they didn't phase me. I didn't seem to eat as much but still no restrictions. Went for my 1st fill, and had gained 2 lbs. I have the realize band and was able to get 3cc's this was Tuesday the 3rd of June, this week right. I still feel no restrictions---I even ate steak tonight. Really-just tried to see if it would go down--and yes it did, I don't know whats going on. My nurse said sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 fills, but 3cc's and nothing. If it wasn't for my husband standing there watching them inject them I'd swear there was nothing. I am really getting discouraged, and that ain't pretty on me. I feel fairly full all day until the afternoon. I hope this thing is gonna work on me. I've seen it work on other people and know it does, but it is depressing. :thumbup:

Hey Rubberband,

One day at a time right? Its very discouraging for everyone, I find that by noon my hunger pangs are out of control no matter how much I drink water~ R U avoiding drinking when you eat? I don't normally drink anything from 30~60 minutes after my meal when we drink directly after it pushes the food through the whole real easy, so we end up with the hunger feeling much sooner- We didn't gain weight over night so I know the band isn't going to make me lose over night either, we can and will do this my fellow bandster-

stay strong everyone we'll be on the beach yet! :)

Thank you---Bodybutter64 for the moral support. I know your right but its getting old. Everyday is a new day- I just have to put my mind in the right place. You know how it is "if your mind isn't right ain't nothing gonna be right."

I feel relieved to know I am not alone. I lost 14 lbs in the first 2 weeks and got yelled at for losing too much. Now I am worried Im not losing at all. I can eat much for than 4-6 oz and I can pretty much eat anything. I had to go out of town and had to eat whatever was offered at my friends so I learned real quick that I have no issues.

I am feeling so discouraged. My fill isnt for a couple of weeks.

I know where y'all are coming from because I am there too. I "strayed" from my liquid/mushy diet after the 2nd week. i am so afraid I will stretch my pouch or the band will slip. I can eat anything--bread, Pasta, whatever. The band helps me to eat less than before and slower but not any different foods. What am i gonna do; this is my absolute last hope. I won't get near a scale. Its all mental.