Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else eating normal?

I was banded on May 13 and wa wondering if anyone else was banded on that day, and how they are doing? My pre-op visit @ 1 week out I had lost 6.4lbs:thumbup: but according to my scales at home i haven't lost anything else.:behindsofa: I am getting hungry between meals and really struggling after i get off work not to just sit down and start snacking. Help!!!! Any suggestions??:confused2:

I am also so glad for this thread!

I was banded May 6, 1 week of liquids, 1 week of mishies, then soft food to regular food. Most of the time I ponder if I got a placebo surgery!!! I can eat anything, I hardly get full, and I can eat fast. It's not like I am trying to see how far I can push it. But sometimes I forget and eat quickly, and am like, Wait a sec, I should have struggled with that bite!?!

Every day, I wake up with good intentions. I will have Protein shakes today, but then I feel starving, and have a turkey sandwich instead. Granted I am eating a little less, but I haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks!

I Iam walking a bit, but probably not enough.

And I can't get my first fill until July 11 (doc's on vacation).

Please send positive thoughts my way so that I can be especially good from now until my fill date. I'd like to lose 5 pounds before then.

I too was banded on 5/9. I even had a small fill on Tuesday of this week. I am eating regular foods. I haven't lost any weight in the past week and can't figure out why. I am staying below 700 calories (dr. recommended) and am having 75% of my meals Protein. I think we just need to hang in there and fight the battle!! We will get there!!

I was banded on 5/9 and have just started mushies this week. I will say this: Weight loss is only acheived if you eat at least 800 calories. Then you have to figure the calories burned by exercise and compensate. The body goes into starvation mode if you get less than 800 cals. I'm living proof of that. My own doc says to stay between 800 and 1000 to lose while I'm waiting on a fill (7/1!!!!).

Hope this helps!

Barbara

DC chicken salad - Side Salads 6 ounce portion:

Calories 560

Fat(gm) - 46

Protein(gm) -20

Total Carbohydrate(gm) - 18

DietaryFiber(gm) - 4

Sodium(mg) - 800

Look at what I ate - BOY did I screw up with lunch today!!! :lol::smile::tongue2::thumbup::thumbup:

OMG - I will be DRINKING dinner tonight! :ohmy:

Edited by .lexy.

Lexy -- don't beat yourself up over this! Just mark it down as a learning experience and correct it with dinner or the next time you eat out.

Heck! I had sushi tonight & although I've read a lot that with protien is great for you I am still questioning the rice. Granted I didn't have 10-12 pieces I used to eat but I still feel it sitting like a rock and that makes me mad knowing I still overate!

There is tomorrow to make it better!

Ugh I am so discouraged right now. I have been eating tons of Soup and even mac n cheese. I am always hungry and nothing fills me up. I'm afraid I'm going to stretch out my pouch! I haven't tried anything like bread, or anything totally solid unless you count the mac n cheese, but I probably wouldn't have any problem getting it down. The problems I had the first few days I have figured out were from swelling. I could barely get down a popsicle and not I can eat like, 6 in 10 mins. I haven't lost any weight in a week. I know there are down periods and such before you can have a fill, I'm just nervous this isn't going to work for me even though I've been trying. I haven't been counting calories though, I know I should be getting in around 1000, eh.

Allison in my mushy stage I lived on egg salad and I would make a pureed chicken salad. I would make it the consistency of Hummas and it was awesome and because it was Protein it helps to make you feel full. My doctor also let me have saltines during my mushy stage so I would put my salads on that.

Good luck you are doing great 20 lbs....when was the last time you lost 20 lbs? Keep up the good work!

Hey guys,

I was banded May 30th had to be converted from laperscopic to open. So here is problem one, I have a huge incision so moving around is hard, I have just felt well enough to walk for extended periods of time this past weekend, but am doing it now, and feel great.

I am on liquids still, my surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet, however he does 30 days post Clear Liquids. I can't eat 3 cups of clear Soup a day so I have had veggie Soups and some Tomato Soup. The thing is I am hungry. I want food, I want a hot dog more than I wanted anything last week. I am learning about real hunger and head hunger and figuring this out. Thing is I know when i am real hungry and sometimes I feel it. I have cheated and beyond disgusted with myself. I ate the wanton out of a wonton soup, a piece of broccoli, I had some of my fiances mashed potatoes, and even a slice of sandwich meat. Obviously this had been over the course of 17 days but still, it makes me mad at me. I am not sure what to do and feel scared I am gonna screw this up.

On the plus side today, i got all 40ish of my staples out and have lost 15lbs...I should be happy right, but i am scared...this thread is the best.

Don't be so hard on yourself just because we got banded doesn't mean we can un-learn a lifetime of poor habits that got us here in the first place overnight. You have taken the positive step to a new life. Take it day by day hour by hour if you have too! And 15 lbs down is amazing! BTW think twice about that hotdog. have you ever looked at how many calories 1 hotdog is? I decided it wasn't worth it after looking at the nutritional info on the side of my beloved Nathan's Franks.

Hey Shannon! Hang in there, I've cheated more times than I will let my self admit, but I make sure I chew really good and don't eat more than a nibble of something, like a chip or a french fry here or there. I wouldn't worry about it!!! And congrats on getting the staples out! I got mine out two and feel worlds better. I honestly think a big reason I felt so crappy was the staples. I couldn't move, shower, sleep, or dress without a lot of problems because of them, now that I can do all these things with comfort and ease, I'm feeling so much better, STAPLES STINK!!!! I'm so glad their gone, although the scars from them aren't exactly cute. Mine are bright red still, but at least I'm not itchy anymore!! How are yours looking??

Hey Allision,

Well I am still red too, although things are calming down. The only thing is at the far end of my big incision it is having a hard time healing and leaking a bit of clear Fluid, my doc tells me it is the body healing and I know that but still makes me a little mad.

Your so lucky your not itchy anymore. Since my staples have been removed I find that I am soooooo itchy and the skin around where my staples were is so dry, I have gone through bottles of lotion and tons of Vitamin E!

It's hard to be good, I have 9 more days before I can go onto mushies this Soup stage sucks, but I am trying my best and trying to stay positive. You take care and keep up the good work!

:party: It really is just in our heads most of the hunger that we have. I had my band in on the 5th of May and can say that I have only been truly hungry two times since then. They both were days that I was on the go and did not have any Protein Shakes. I've had one head hungry night and I know for a fact that I just wanted some junk because my husband was night snaking. I know that we can get over this part if we just stay strong, get enough Protein in, and come on here to chat when we are having these feelings. :blushing:

Keeping it real. I am here anytime someone needs some extra encouragment.

Have a super weekend everyone.:hurray:

Hello i was alos banded on the 5th of may was loosing great i felt. last week went to the doc lost 14 pounds from the 4th of june til 06-19th then woke up today to weight and found 5 freakin pounds sayin hello im back! what happend have you done this as well or is there something im not getting enough of?

I eat 2-3 ozs for meals...no snacking in between. Protein, protein, protein...that keeps me full!

im sorry i dont mean to sound off the hook but can you give me a example of a 2-3 oz meal? is that 3bites of this and 3 bites of that? what about protien whats your total amount your getting a day ?

I encountered another problem the other day. Eating with others. I know to chew and chew, I know not to rush, not to talk and eat, etc. I have even slowed down to the point I can tell when that PB is coming--that big elephant Earl that sits on your chest and will not let anything pass. But I was on a "field trip" and lunch wasn't until 2 pm and I was starving! Some things you can't plan on. 2 bites of chicken and I must have swallowed it too fast or too whole but it stopped dead--stuck. I excused myself, went to the bathroom and stayed for a long time trying to upchuck that. of course, everyone was worried--are you ok? what's wrong? I don't want to explain a lapband to strangers. It eventually came up--in sessions. piece by piece at a time. slime. much discomfort. it wasn't even chunks--it was quite small. I don't know how it got stuck there. I now think being nervous or anxious plays a huge part in how the food goes down. For instance, how can I eat a lot (2 cups) of whatever--burgers, pizza, Pasta, etc. and not feel any chest pressure and other times I can only eat a few bites (usually meat) and it stops dead. Right between the breasts or even a little higher. Is that where the abdomen is? And the lap band? I thought it would be lower. If the pouch only holds a few bites (I'm not filled yet); then how come other times the food is slipping right through? What is the purpose of not drinking with your meal if the food is slipping through the pouch anyway? Does anyone in lapband world know the answers? I am confused. Maybe my esophagus or sphinkter muscle is helping to stop the food intake. I just don't know anymore. So, in the end, I did not get to eat lunch.