Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else eating normal?

I was banded may 9th and after I hit 2wks I could eat like normal. I am hungry like before surgery and find it hard to stay with the lowcal diet on my own. I am ready for my first fill which is not till June 10th and I am gaining all the weight I lost with the surgery back and I am getting depressed about it. I have not pushed it to try bread Pasta or rice but I'm eating pretzels chicken shrimp etc. I am just curious if anyone else is going through this. I know this is the healing stage but I am not getting full on Soup yougart etc. I have not had any stomache problems with what I am eating. I am really hoping that when I get a fill I will get the full feeling so I won't eat so much. I'm really worried that I am not going to lose weight.:sad:

Try to hang in there. You may also have to sit down and figure out if you have head hunger or stomach hunger. I was banded the same day as you(May 9th). I had to do full liquids for 2 weeks and it was a little difficult hanging in there but I did it. I started the mushy foods yesterday and I'm starting to get a hungry feeling now and then. I do get fuller on mushy foods if I go really slow. Don't worry about gaining right now. Small bites, take your time, walk every day. We can do this! Colleen

Me too! Was banded May 15 and am hungry hungry hungry. Also have found I can eat almost anything - except for cold fish - who knew? I have only lost 6 pounds since being banded and have follow up appointment today with doctor. Have lots of questions like...why? SO glad to hear I am not alone. I am sure this is a phase for both of us!

I was told in my pre-op class and have heard it said in our support grp, YOU have to work the band at first. And this can take up to 6mos before the "sweet spot" is found. This is the time people struggle the most with the LB. Just remember, Protein, protein, protein and enjoy every little morsel you get until your band begins to work for you. You can do this!!

Let me know how your Dr visit went.

:lol: It really is just in our heads most of the hunger that we have. I had my band in on the 5th of May and can say that I have only been truly hungry two times since then. They both were days that I was on the go and did not have any Protein Shakes. I've had one head hungry night and I know for a fact that I just wanted some junk because my husband was night snaking. I know that we can get over this part if we just stay strong, get enough Protein in, and come on here to chat when we are having these feelings. :(

Keeping it real. I am here anytime someone needs some extra encouragment.

Have a super weekend everyone.:smile:

Hi

I was banded on 4/30 and can eat just about anything too. I dont get a fill until June 17!! :( and I can't wait!! I really need it. Overall, I am still eating less than before surgery, but not enough to loose.

I do find the Protein Drinks help if I have one in the am, I am not so hungry and not nibbling thru the day.

Tonite I only had 2 pc. of pizza for dinner instead of my normal 4-6.

I too was banded on 5/9. I even had a small fill on Tuesday of this week. I am eating regular foods. I haven't lost any weight in the past week and can't figure out why. I am staying below 700 calories (dr. recommended) and am having 75% of my meals Protein. I think we just need to hang in there and fight the battle!! We will get there!!

oooh seeing people being able to eat pizza gives me such hope scarlett lol! Thats my favorite food, and I used to be able to eat 4-6 pieces! I'm afraid now I won't be able to ever eat it again, I know a lot of people have issues with doughy food, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, I still have to get through all these liquid - mushy stages first of course, I did just get home from the hospital yesterday lol.

I was banded on May 9th and can eat just about anything at this point. I do not find myself getting hungry that often, however, when I do, I eat REAL food and not mushies or purreds or any of that garbage! I feel so much better eating REAL food and find myself with much more energy. Like most of you, I have not lost weight in over a week though. I talked to my drs office about it because I know my calorie intake is low enough where weight should be falling off of me (band or no band). They said that our metabolism gets really low when we are in that liquid stage and I just needed to eat a good greasy hamburger patty to get my metabolism going again. I decided to low carb for a while and it looks like that is working so far.

Ugh I have like no appetite at all! I'm afraid I'll never be able to eat normally ever again! I think I'm just being paranoid, and its hard learning to eat so slow, even when all I can eat right now is pudding and yogurt and such. I've been stuck at this same weight since surgery! I feel like crap and I can't wait to start feeling like myself again!!!!

Here, here Jack. Thanks for the encouragement. Yesterday was a reception for my mom. I didn't even go over till after everyone ate. Later I heard there was tons of food. As nice as it would have been to fall face first into the lasgna, I feel better knowing I was working on my Protein Smoothee.

I can't wait to start eating "normally"... good quality, fresh food in smaller portions, feeling satisfied. I have 1 more week of liquids, then on to mushies. Then soft regular foods, then normal foods for 2 days and then a fill. I am looking forward to a nice salad from the Whole Foods salad bar!

Head hunger is so funny. I have heard people talk about it, but couldn't grasp the concept of what it was. I now know what it is - I had a hard time this weekend. I wanted a bite of a bacon cheeseburger sooooo bad. My mouth even watered looking at one. LOL! :lol:

But I am happy to have the band and am willing to put the work in for results! :P

I was banded 2 weeks ago and have been eating "regular" food for a time, although not as much. I don't get my first fill for another week so the only restriction I have is the band itself. I weigh as much as I did (if not more) when I went in for surgery. I'm not as sore as I was but I feel a lot of "internal twitching". Anybody know what that's about?

I was banded on the 15th and have been so HUNGRY lately too. I went for my post-op appt and was moved to mushies but had my 1st consult with the nutritionist next day and I got confused. I ate some starting out foods for 2-3 days and ate way less than I use to but still felt bad. Got back on the right track with mushies.