Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else eating normal?

Thanks, I know I lost fast in the beginning, but his excuse was that I was on track and should wait.. it is just a tool.. etc.. I am going to call now.. thanks for your encouragement!!

well I went in today and he tried to fill me 3cc's and had to take some out.. I kept 1 1/2. so now I am at 3 1/2 total he said that I am the one in 5 that can only go slow and low (cc). this was my second fill that I had to have some taken out right away.. and I knew it had to come out.. but we will see if this 1 1/2 will help me feel fuller.. I hope so... ..

well I went in today and he tried to fill me 3cc's and had to take some out.. I kept 1 1/2. so now I am at 3 1/2 total he said that I am the one in 5 that can only go slow and low (cc). this was my second fill that I had to have some taken out right away.. and I knew it had to come out.. but we will see if this 1 1/2 will help me feel fuller.. I hope so... ..

WOW! That´s a HUGE fill! :smile2:

Thanks I will.. sometimes this board really helps when your down..or start to question why did I do this... :smile2:

ok, I'm still trying to figure out this lapband eating thing. Since I am due for my 2nd fill in 2 weeks and it takes 7 hours for the round trip; I really need to get a grip on the PB'ing. I actually analyze my throw up to see how small my swallowed food should be. Yesterday, meatloaf came back up and it was really chewed up fine. So I am thinking it is not only how much I chew but maybe it's also how fast I am eating. Is it possible that if I eat too fast and my pouch fills up really quick that I am getting stuck? Any thoughts on this?

fluffycat I too have been struggling with how this band works. I got my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago and was fine then a week later I feel such restriction I was PB'ing/sliming after every bite. Then TMFRITTS a fellow May bandster said her doctor told her to cut her food into pencil eraser size bites then chew well. That worked for a week then 2 days ago even with doing that I am having tight restriction. I just can't figure this out! I am down weight and that was the goal but I can't live not knowing which day if I will be able to eat and which days I can't. Imagine my embarrassment when at a restaurant Sunday night with friends when I without more than a seconds notice slimed big time into a napkin at the table. But I keep chugging along in the hopes one day to figure it all out.

Yaheard how's it going with the fill now that it has been a few days? It's odd how your doctor went from one extreme to the other, no fill to 3cc's WOW!

My doc says you really dont' know benefits of fills til 2wks out, average. And I'm just wondering WHEN will I PB and slime? I have yet to experience this!!

I just went to the nutritionist and we talked about my difficulties with fast eating and not chewing enough. I have been frothing frequently and after frothing I resort to eating foods that go down easy but have no nutritional value. I have not lost weight in weeks as this eating pattern is not good. It is amazing how difficult mindful eating is. Getting more fills may not be the answer if you are not making good choices. I am really going to make a stronger effort to overcome my bad eating habits.

I was banded May 13th. I have been filled 4 times July 14 -5cc, Aug 13 -1cc, Sept 3 -2cc and Oct 1 -1cc. I felt no restriction untill Sept fill. I lost 30 pounds pre and post op but since have been stable in my weight. After the Sept fill I really had to slow down when eating of i would throw it up, but once I go it started if I went slow I could eat quite a bit. My last fill Oct 1st They put in 2cc and I could not drink the Water they gave me only about 3 oz then I threw it up so they took out 1cc. I thought I must be there now. I have to be even more carefull to go slow but still can eat more than I should if I go slow. Fairly normal in my eating but I am making better choices. I am not sure what to do, try to get more fill or try to stop eating sooner. ( If I was good at that I would not have needed the surgery.) Those in the "sweet spot", how much can you eat at a setting? I have not gained anything I lost but I am ready to get on with some losing, I have stayed the same too long. Anyone else have this issue?

This is such a great thread.

I just went for my third fill yesterday. My second fill was only one week after the first because I called the nurse and said I have no restriction and I wouldn't make it another six weeks. After the first two fills there was no restriction. I just tried to eat healthy choices and less. I don't eat between meals unless it's yogurt or sandwhich meat or fruit, but rarely. So, I resolved to eat enough to feel satisfied. I have just tried to listen to my body for any feelings of fullness and discmfort. Nothing!

Yesterday I went for my third fill. I am at 7cc. I think this fill will finally work. It felt different when I sipped on Water at the dr.'s office. I am still on liquids for the next couple of days, so I won't be able to tell for a while.

I've lost 22 pounds so far, but not with the help of the band. I walk 45 minutes at least five days/week, and stay away from the junk I used to eat. I guess the fear of the band has helped. I purposely stop eating before I get full because I don't want to stretch my stomach. I will be glad when the band starts doing its job.

I was having a horrible time with being hungry all the time and being able to eat like normal. I gained back 7 pounds of the weight I had lost. I lost 30 pounds before the surgery and 12 pounds after the surgery. After my 4th fill I finally had some restriction but it didn't happen right away. It was about 2 weeks afterwards. However, it was only certain things that caused problems, pototoes, bread and apples. I lost 3 pounds. I had my 5th fill on Oct. 23rd and have lost another 4 pounds. Right now I am eating less and staying away from anything that hurts. I am hoping that this will be the last fill I will need. I was so bummed for awhile that I quit loggin on this website.

Hi Everyone

Had the strangest thing happen. Two weeks ago, had a fill, bring me to 7ccs in my 14 APL. I´ve been fluctuating a lot, scale not really moving, but trying my best to keep a :tongue: good attitude.

Thursday (two weeks to the day) I fixed scrambled eggs for Breakfast, took two bites and had that awful in your chest feeling. Thought that is strange. Went about my business, PBed :mellow:

We had friends in from Colorado, went to lunch, two bites of chicken, and the same thing all over. At dinner I had about a cup of white chili. It´s like the fill just really kicked in!

Did some research and called my nurse, and she said you are not going crazy, this sometimes happens, and they aren´t really sure why. She had even called teh company in the past, and they aren´t certain either.

So, I´m now eating 1/2 C of food, and feeling VERY full afterwards. I cannot wait to get on the scale this week. Maybe I FINALLY have good restrction!:wink: