Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really like the support that I'm getting from the abdominal binder, and I think I'll wear it at least one week.

How long did everyone else wear their's after surgery?

I didn't get one, but would have liked one. I had one after my gall bladder surgery. I don't think it would hurt to wear it longer. I carry around a pillow over my abdomen now for support. A binder would make it easier.

I don't have one either, but it was suggested that I get one to help support my painful port area. I didn't think it was worth getting one because I thought the pain would pass pretty quickly, but now it seems that isn't going to happen so I might go pick one up tomorrow. Did you get yours at a drugstore?

I really like the support that I'm getting from the abdominal binder, and I think I'll wear it at least one week.

How long did everyone else wear their's after surgery?

I wore mine for about a week. Make sure you have a shirt under it so that you don't get a rash

I wore one for about a week after getting the lapband. Actually, my Dr said it was a good idea to wear it not only for the support, but it would help to keep my skin from being so saggy during weight loss. However, I cant make myself wear it all the time, because it is so hot and uncomfortable.

The binder was put on as part of the lapband surgery. I've had them before for my last small intestine surgery, and wore it 2 weeks then, but it was a more involved operation.

I've lost the 20 pounds during the pre-op diet, which I started early. I was told to do it for two weeks, but I started two weeks early, so the 20 pounds is from a month of pre-op.

I have never heard of a binder either, like a control top or waist cincher?

penny

I was given one to wear a few hours after surgery and for me it was a God sent! It definitely gave me much support and it made it a lot less painful getting up and sitting down...I also used my for sleeping the first few days. I must confess that I used mine pretty much all the time for the first week and after that I've used a bra shaper to give myself support. As many I found the incision where the port is placed was the one to remain sensitive for the longest time and the binder and shaper gave me support making it less painful to move around.

Ditto ! I wore mine for about 1 day, and I broke out with a rash all the way around my stomach that lasted for over a week. It was awful. My skin is so sensitive anyway. I used a whole tube of Hydrocortisone cream and Gold Bond baby powder to stop the itch. I am also sensitive to the adhesive on the tape they used with my IV. It was red for days. My doctor suggested wearing a T shirt under it, but by that time I was ok without it.

Edited by dbowers