Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been over weight all my life

:thumbup:I had my band put in January of 2007 - It was done In Burlington Mass. My BMI was 40 and my weight was 254. Today my weight is 151 and I am only 2 pounds away from having a "NORMAL" BMI. WOO HOO!!! I was wearing a size 24 and actually some 26's depending on the brand. I am now wearing a size 10 and depending on the brand an 8. It's all so strange to me as I was overweight most all of my life. I LOVE THE BAND!!!!

congrats on your great work!!! keep it up and you will be "normal" in no time at all.

You sound like a replay of my story. I was just banded 3/25/08, but like you have been overweight forever. I started at 252 when I began the 6 month diet required by insurance last July. Lost 10 pounds on that, then did really well on the pre-op liquid diet. I had dropped about 35 pounds by surgery. Since then almost another 30 has come off and I was 187 this morning. My goal is about 150. I finally had to buy some interim clothes because my work clothes were looking like they belonged to someone else. I can't remember the last time I was under 200. Congratulations on your achievement. Hope to join you soon at my goal weight.

THANKS!!

Did you get the band as well? I hope you get this msg - I'm new at this and I haven't a clue if I'm doing this right or not . . . LOL

We do have the same story . . . .LOL I was so crazed with happiness when I went under the "200" mark. The only time I had see numbers under 200 was on my way up. And I've been "UP" for the last oh.... 20 years. It feels good to shed the pounds! Heck, you know that as you are doing too! good for you!!! good for us both!!!!

I am currently 5'6", 306, a size 22/24. I have my surgery with Dr. Guillermo Alvarez in Piedras Negras MX scheduled for June 13... Haha!! Friday the 13th. My age and clothing size have corresponded since I was 12 and a size 12.... size 16 when I was 16... When I turned 26 last year I started Weight Watchers and lost 31 pounds just to turn around and gain 25 of that back. I can Celebrate the fact that I'm 27 years old in a size 24, but I want to be a size 12/14 by my 10 year high school reunion.

Hi-

I am new to the site too, and I don't know if I am sending out my messages correct... please let me know if you get this one.

MAK

:rolleyes2:Does anyone who has had the lap band procedure also have bi-polar health concerns? I have been reading about possible weight gain from the meds that the doc puts one one and wish to know if anyone has had problems with their plan?

Hi-

I am new to the site too, and I don't know if I am sending out my messages correct... please let me know if you get this one.

MAK

Your message was posted successfully! And welcome!

:thumbup:I had my band put in January of 2007 - It was done In Burlington Mass. My BMI was 40 and my weight was 254. Today my weight is 151 and I am only 2 pounds away from having a "NORMAL" BMI. WOO HOO!!! I was wearing a size 24 and actually some 26's depending on the brand. I am now wearing a size 10 and depending on the brand an 8. It's all so strange to me as I was overweight most all of my life. I LOVE THE BAND!!!!

Congratulations! Your story was a much needed inspiration today. I cannot wait until I'm at a normal BMI and under 200 lbs. I have visions of running up and down the street shouting for joy. I was at a size 30/32 up on top and 18/20 on the bottom (I'm a Tomato on toothpicks). Now I'm down to a 22/24 on the top and 14/16 on the bottom. It feels so good to shrink!

All of your stories are VERY encouraging! I am just 9 days past my surgery and have lost 15lbs. I am so excited. I've also NEVER been a healthy weight and am looking forward to what that feels like!

Bonbon

Hi!

I just found out that my husband's insurance will pay for me to get the lap-band surgery, but I a few problems to face first. They want me to be on a Dr. monitored weight program for 6 months plus get a phyirist eval before allowing the surgery.

I discussed it with my MD and he wrote a order for me to joing a weight loss program like weight watchers [like I haven't tried that before...]. So I do it until December, but I just talked to the physists and he thinks I need to go meds for mood swings, he stated that I do not have all the signs of being bipolar. He also said that at this time he would not give me a clean bill of health for the surgery. I asked him when, and all he said we'll have to see. I see him in 30 days, and I plan to rediscuss my plans for the surgery around Christmas when I turn 50 years old.

I hope it works out.

I so happy for you in regards to your progress.:eek:

Let me know how you are doing. I can be contacted at makopp58@aol.com

Mary

hey dear..

u r same height n same problems as me...wen i got the band put 11 mnths back i was 240 pounds...and a size 20...

11 mnths later i am 187 pounds and a size 14...though my pound loss has not been phenomenol compared to the rest of teh people here...but inch loss is great and teh thing is i have nejoyed my weight loss...i ate what i wanted from cheese loaded pizza to creamy shakes...

the difference is where i would have eaten half of a medium size pizza easily i can now do only a slice...

and thats good...

no starvation ...no deprivation...so what if weight loss was slow...i m loving it!!!

n i look good...

PS:- remember the band will help u cut the calories...but u need to tighten up that fast sagging skin with exercise...no second operations of tummy tucks... i m proud to say i am as firm as ever...

best of luck!!!