Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally 5-21 SURGERY!

I am getting ready to pack my bag...... and shower and then on my way to the hospital! I have to be there at 11am.....I have an over night stay so I will post when I get back on how things went....

I am super excited... NO nerves at all.... Just filled with hope...

I know there are others out there with a surgery date of today... Let's all check in after surgery!!

Good luck to everyone... and a quick recovery so we can start working off the weight!!!

I was banded yesterday and am waiting to see the doc and dietician before being released. I'm doing great and hope your experience will be as good as mine. No pain...just feels like I've done a bunch of situps. We'll keep you in our prayers!

woo hoo! you will do great! I'm glad your calm, that will help alot! i was really nervous! keeping you in my thoughts, hope all goes well!!

marine

I am in my hospital room BANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little pain... mostly just dry as a bone! I can have some Water in an hour... I have been allowed only ice chips.....

Morphine is good too... hahahaha

I will post more tomorrow!

You're the first person I have read who is posting from the hospital bed - now that is true dedication to the May bandsters!!!

Glad all is going well, I go in tomorrow - be there at 5:30am, surgery at 7:30am, but I don't get to stay overnight.

Can't wait to read your next posting!!! Maybe it will be from the ride home from the hospital!!! LOL

Terri

Yes I am sorta a internet addict LOL

I wanted to show that I was good enough to do this for those who are still a little scared and concerned about pain

I just had some loritab and I get to drink Water now... Been up all on my own with no assist to the potty.... This is much better then I thought

I will post tomrrow!!

Wow that was a fast response!!!

Hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow night after surgery!! :confused_smile:

Terri

good luck tomorrow!

I will be thinking of you... and hoping it goes as well for you as it did for me!

good night!

American Idol is on and I MUST watch LOL

CONGRATULATIONS ! Stay Tuned! I M so happy for u! I am expecting to have surgery in 3 weeks! I am having proems with the new layout of the site though, do you know how to start a new thread? I can't find the link?! if you could tell me where it is 8 would greatly appreciate it. Again congrats and please keep us up to date on your progress!

Massa when you get to the forum you want... say May 2008 you willl see a blue button on the top left that says new thread.. Just click on that.... It is like that in every catagory.... The new thread button only comes up when you are not in an individual thread... just at the first page before you enter a specific thread....

So I made it through the night... I got up every 2ish hours to tinkle... I drank about 60 ounces of water.. I started drinking at 8pm... but I was able to do that all on my own....

I am now awaiting the surgeon to come in... I think they do a small swallow test with a barium like drink before I can go....

This whole surgery was a breeze.... If anyone is worried I can tell you....that it is not worth losing sleep over about the pain.... Feels like LOTS of situps and maybe a punch....

I have been on pain meds every 4-6 hours and that is keeping any little bit of pain at bay....

Where are the other 5-21 bandsters... come out come out where ever you are!!!!

I just posted my long-winded story of my surgery. I'm sore today, but it's not unbearable. I just feel like I've been in a boxing match, and they only hit the middle abdomen. The binder is helping.

So far today, I've had a couple tablespoons of Soup, a Protein shake, and Water, as well as a popsicle that my darling son went to town to buy for me.

This weekend is for taking it easy, although we do have two graduation parties we're supposed to go to. I'll just take my bottle of Water, my Protein shakes, and not stay long. We're close friends with each family, so they'll all fawn over me to keep me comfortable. They just think the surgery had something to do with my hernia, not that it was a lapband.

I am HOME..... In my own bed and getting my pain meds situated. I actually do not feel too bad... WAY less pain then I expected.

I got to the hospital at 11am... Did all the IV preop and getting into my lovely gown and cap.... Rolled into Surgery room at Noon and was waking up in the recovery room by 2ish. This is where I encountered the most pain.... BUT they nice Lady gave me some morphine ! and tht helped tremendously!

Just ice chip one ounce at a time until 8pm and then I could drink water!! Thankfully because I was about to find a mud puddle to drink out of.. I was sooo dang dried out.

I was hooked up to oxygen pusle ox and blood pressure cuff until 10pm and then I only had my IV... That came off around 8am today. I was able to get out of my bed to the bathroom sit on the potty and get off by myself even the first time right after surgery.

Three gals from my Surgeons office came in and talked to me a little and gave my some discharge instructions and then I was free to come home!

I am now getting my first shake in and watching my Soaps!!

I have NO regrets.... and I am excited about the future.... I cant wait to go shopping for all new clothes.... I am such a shopper... So I can now shop for purses LOL!

Do you think that when they put the lap band in that they may have also deposited a Gremlin LOL! I have never heard my stomach makes these kind of noises

My hubby keeps saying.. What that your stomach.... LOL!!!

5 days post op and I am doing really great! I did the dishes today and cleaned up the rest of the kitchen... I made a cake for my DH to take to St louis... There was a death in our family and he is going. I would have gone as well but our son starts summer school tomorrow so one of us had to stay behind and being that it is his uncle and he is a pallbearer.

So I will be on my own for the next few days.......

I have only had one dose of tylenol.. and I will have another before bed.... It helps to keep the edge down.... I am able to sleep on my side now for about 1/3 of the night... and other 2/3's I am on my back with my knees elevated and my head elevated as well... makes for a comfy night.

I have not felt an ounce of hunger or a craving yet.... I use that word YET...LOL I am sure it will come...

I have finally taken off all the Water weight I gained from surgery and can say I am down a pound or two.. but I am not really going to focus on that until my appt on the 5th.

I am very happy with my decision...and I waiting for the days to go by so I can get back to my daily working out.... I have been doing that for about a year and a half and so I miss it....

How is everyone else???

Hello! I was banded on May 22nd. I am not feeling so excited about it right now because I think I underestimated the recovery. I planned on being back to work today....THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Does anyone else have back pain near where the port was put in?:smile2: