Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes 2008...What do you do? Where are you from?

Hi!!! i am being banded on 6-26-08 !! i am a 39 year cold california native! I reside in Los Angeles I do data entry and invoicing, i am single and the proud owner of two little miniature schnauzers (dogs) who I totally love to pieces..nice to meet all the June bandsters!!!! best wishes to all!

Up until a year ago I worked in the recreation field for 8 1/2 years. I programmed summer camps, preschool fun stuff.. I took some time off to be with my kids and while my son was in the hospital.. I decided I wanted to work at one so I have been working in the business office for 1 year now at a hospital in Denton.. We live outside of Denton just north of Dallas Texas.. I have a 5 year old daughter and a 15 year old son.. I have been married to my husband for 6 years... We love to travel and I have been steadily gaining weight since I have had 9 knee surgeries since my high school graduation 20+ years ago.

I can't wait to get this weight off and keep up with my kids and active husband....

OK, it's my turn to introduce myself. I am 55, so Cathy I'm right on your heels. My husband and I have 5 children and 5 grandchildren. We've been happily married for a long time. I too have been overweight my whole life. I have been a nurse for the past 32 years. For the past 2 years I have been a Hospice Nurse. About 10 years ago I developed type 2 diabetes which we all know is weight related. I have continued to gain weight and I do not want to end up having amputations,heart disease,kidney failure, or going blind in the next 10-15 years. So, I got banded on June 6th which would have been my 87 year old mothers 67th wedding aniversary if my dad were still alive. My mother unlike her daughter has no health problems. She and my husband and my sister in law accompanied me to the hospital. 13 years ago, I had a very bad experience with anesthesia which almost cost me my life. So, I was a little nervous about the whole anesthesia thing until I met the anesthesiologist who was sent from God. I had a great experience with my surgery, anesthesia,and so far my post op recovery. It's been great reading about everyone and I'm glad to meet you all. Did I tell you I am from Baltimore, MD? I have 2 jack russell terrorist that I adore who are right by my side as I type.

Everyday, I've been praying over the surgeries for that day.

God's Blessings,

Susan

OK, it's my turn to introduce myself. I am 55, so Cathy I'm right on your heels. My husband and I have 5 children and 5 grandchildren. We've been happily married for a long time. I too have been overweight my whole life. I have been a nurse for the past 32 years. For the past 2 years I have been a Hospice Nurse. About 10 years ago I developed type 2 diabetes which we all know is weight related. I have continued to gain weight and I do not want to end up having amputations,heart disease,kidney failure, or going blind in the next 10-15 years. So, I got banded on June 6th which would have been my 87 year old mothers 67th wedding aniversary if my dad were still alive. My mother unlike her daughter has no health problems. She and my husband and my sister in law accompanied me to the hospital. 13 years ago, I had a very bad experience with anesthesia which almost cost me my life. So, I was a little nervous about the whole anesthesia thing until I met the anesthesiologist who was sent from God. I had a great experience with my surgery, anesthesia,and so far my post op recovery. It's been great reading about everyone and I'm glad to meet you all. Did I tell you I am from Baltimore, MD? I have 2 jack russell terrorist that I adore who are right by my side as I type.

Everyday, I've been praying over the surgeries for that day.

God's Blessings,

Susan

LOL @ Jack Russell Terrorist ! I have two mini schnauzers they are in the terrier group and they are a handful!!!

Hi there!

I'm Erin, a 30 yo newbie living in southern Maine who'll be banded on June 30th -- the day before my 31st birthday. My surgery was the 2nd of July, but I was moved up thanks to a cancellation and the fact that my insurance is changing on July 1st, so now I'm with you June folks!

I am as married as I can be to a great partner and I work part-time as a church administrator for a small, progressive local church. I'm mama to two small kiddos -- 17 months and 3 years. My kids joined my family through adoption -- any other adoptive moms?

I need to add a ticker, but I'm currently 241ish, down from my heaviest of 277. I'm 5'4'', so I'm hoping to get to around 135ish... but right now anything under 200 sounds amazing!

Glad to have found you all -- I'm off to read, research and prepare!

:)

Hi there!

I'm Erin, a 30 yo newbie living in southern Maine who'll be banded on June 30th -- the day before my 31st birthday. My surgery was the 2nd of July, but I was moved up thanks to a cancellation and the fact that my insurance is changing on July 1st, so now I'm with you June folks!

I am as married as I can be to a great partner and I work part-time as a church administrator for a small, progressive local church. I'm mama to two small kiddos -- 17 months and 3 years. My kids joined my family through adoption -- any other adoptive moms?

I need to add a ticker, but I'm currently 241ish, down from my heaviest of 277. I'm 5'4'', so I'm hoping to get to around 135ish... but right now anything under 200 sounds amazing!

Glad to have found you all -- I'm off to read, research and prepare!

:)

Nice to meet you Erin im also 5'4 and about 240 i also cant wait to be 199 LOL and eventually my ideal weight:thumbup:

Having my surgery on June 30th. So I am barely squeezing in, but I made it. Can't wait. Love reading all the posts here.

hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself! I just found out last week that my surgery is going to be on the 16th. So I am super excited, but also a bit nervous. This has gone WAAAY faster than I expected it to! So here is a blurb about me:

My name is Jenn. I am 24. Married to my favorite person, who is a police officer in the Navy. We've been married 5 years (in Nov.) We have 2 beautiful babies, James will be 3 in July and Sophie is 7 months. I am an avid scrapbooker and I love going outside with the kids but am entirely too embarassed to do so. So I can't wait to get this weight gone! DH is deployed right now so he'll be coming home to a totally different me! Which will also be fabulous! I am happy to be joining all of you! I can't wait to give you an update on Tuesday after my surgery!:rolleyes2:

Hay Kathy, How are you holding up? We are almost there!!!!!! I am having a real positive attitude about all of this. I think it may have been different if I hadn't been able to read all the encouraging words in all the posts. Keep in touch. I'm thinking of you. I just got a very reassuring post from a girl who just returned from TJ who had her surgery by the same Dr. Kuri I will have and she was real possitive about the whole experience. I think I'm as prepared as I'll ever be! Kerry

Hi, everybody! I am 35 yo, married 5 years to a wonderful man who was also banded (May 13th), I have 2 children, boy 14, girl 13. I am a Respiratory Therapist. We live about 60 miles north of Dallas, Tx. I was banded on June 5. I have been overweight since I was about 7 yrs old. I got a fair amount of weight off before entering college (to qualify for a scholarship), and also 4-5 years ago, I lost 40lbs on the Adkin's diet. It helped to to see the 100's...that was an awesome feeling, but of course it came back on much quicker than it left! I could not eat that way forever...even though we did it for about a year! I have never been an emotional eater, or even eaten outside of "meal times", but when it was mealtime, I was a bad overeater. I just knew it wouldn't taste as good leftover. I felt like my life revolved around food. It was always, "what am I going to eat at the next meal?" I just love to eat. I couldn't make that past tense, because I'm sure I still do, but I know that nothing will taste as good as thin will feel. The band will control my portions, which was exactly what I needed.

I'm glad to have found this thread, and looking forward to sharing this awesome journey with you all!

P.S. to the Army and Navy wives...thank you and your husbands!

P.S.S to the ex-employee of ?QVC?, my 13 yo daughter is hooked on that channel..it is so funny! She's always calling me to the TV because she just "has to have that ring". I think it is hilarious...but I told her she needs to get a job there someday!

God Bless You All!

Hay Kathy, How are you holding up? We are almost there!!!!!! I am having a real positive attitude about all of this. I think it may have been different if I hadn't been able to read all the encouraging words in all the posts. Keep in touch. I'm thinking of you. I just got a very reassuring post from a girl who just returned from TJ who had her surgery by the same Dr. Kuri I will have and she was real possitive about the whole experience. I think I'm as prepared as I'll ever be! Kerry

Hey Kerry! I'm doing good. Realizing this is my last weekend before surgery is kinda shocking! :lol: Now I just wish I could fast forward through the next 5 days and that would be great. :cornut: I am ready to be on the post-op thread! :hurray: Glad you found someone who could give you encouraging words about your doc first hand. :thumbup: It won't be long now!!! :wink5:

! :lol: Now I just wish I could fast forward through the next 5 days and that would be great. :wink5: I am ready to be on the post-op thread! :cornut: :thumbup:

It'll be here before you know it. Seems like the wait is so long to get our surgery dates, then our surgeries, then when mine hit last week it was like wow! it's here already! Good luck to you!!

My name is Amanda. I'm a 25 year old stay at home mom to a 3 year old. I also babysit a couple of kids on the side. I had my daughter a month after I graduated from college, but plan to start my teaching career once she starts kindergarten. I like to read and do digital scrapbooking.