Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes 2008...What do you do? Where are you from?

Hi Everyone,

I am from Los Angeles, I work in the entertainment industry as a TV News Producer. I've been in a long term relationship with the same wonderful man for the past 7 years.:cool2: Marriage isn't really important to me...might be all the craziness that surrounds me...it seems like divorce has become too popular....I am from LA afterall!

I am a loving aunt with 3 beautiful nieces. They are my world! I am pretty active with them but am looking forward to eliminating some of the back pain when I play with them. I am anxious to begin my journey! Look forward to getting to know you all better.

I'm a native Texan living in Tyler. I'm a single mom with 3 kids. I work full time in an intermediate school as an aide. I also work part time for the hospital in the newborn nursery. I do secretary work as well as the hearing screen and newborn blood screens. I also go to school full time because I'm trying to get my teaching degree. I am enrolled in distance education program through one of our local universities.

I've wanted this surgery for a couple of years now, but just now have the insurance to help pay for it.

Feel free to check out my blog: www.wurdygirl.wordpress.com

Another Texan here, just a bit east of Austin, out in the sticks. I work for a law enforcement agency and have been there for nearly 17 years...all I can say is my early retirement date is 10/31/2014 (..find my happy place..find my happy place).

Married for nearly 26 years, no kids...cancer "survivor" which is reason for no kids. I say survivor but mine was caught very early and was cured with the hysterectomy.

I have been struggling with my weight for over 20 years. My employer has weight loss surgery specifically excluded, so I am a self-pay.

The possibilities of being able to move again w/o a fat gut getting in the way excites me....but ummm, I'm scared.:cursing:

I went for my last consult with the surgeon yesterday and I am good to go! :biggrin:

I am now on my pre-op diet. Low carb, 80-100 grams a day, I am trying to drink the liquid Protein shooters and they make me sick. Yuck! :rolleyes2:

The doc said I didn't have to go overboard on the pre-op diet, but I want to be a good girl!:redface:

I am beginning to get a little nervous, but I know it will be good! I hope all of you are doing well!

I'm From Rockwall, about 25 miles east of Dallas. I have been teaching elementary school for 4 years and can't wait for school to be out so I can get my band. I'm scheduled with Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras, Mexico... orale!

I am also a teacher like so many of you. I have taught KIndergarten for the last 23 years. I look forward to being one of the slim teachers on our staff and not the fattest!

I live in CA in a city right over the hills from Los Angeles. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 17 years. I have a 12 yr old daughter and a 6 yr old son.

I will turn 50 in two years and want to be slim. I want to be as slim as I was when I was 30. Three years ago my younger sister died. She too was overweight. We used to talk about gastric bypass. She would have had it done but had no insurance or money to afford such a procedure. I did but I was too chicken. After hearing about the Lap Band, I have decided to make a change for ME but also for my sister who would have tried this if she could. I'm ready. My pre-op diet starts Mon. and my surgery will be June 10th!

I am also a teacher like so many of you. I have taught KIndergarten for the last 23 years. I look forward to being one of the slim teachers on our staff and not the fattest!

I live in CA in a city right over the hills from Los Angeles. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 17 years. I have a 12 yr old daughter and a 6 yr old son.

I will turn 50 in two years and want to be slim. I want to be as slim as I was when I was 30. Three years ago my younger sister died. She too was overweight. We used to talk about gastric bypass. She would have had it done but had no insurance or money to afford such a procedure. I did but I was too chicken. After hearing about the Lap Band, I have decided to make a change for ME but also for my sister who would have tried this if she could. I'm ready. My pre-op diet starts Mon. and my surgery will be June 10th!

Jules,

We are being banded the same day. :thumbup:I also start my preop diet on Monday also. I can have any combination of the Optifast Soups, bars, or shakes totallying 7 a day. What does your preop diet consist of?

Good luck to all of you June bandsters. My surgery is on June 12 at 7:30 a.m. Can't wait to get that behind me -- along with about 100 lbs!!!!!!!

We'll be in surgery at the exact same time! I'll be thinking of you :biggrin:

I moved to Yonkers, NY about a year ago from Dubuque, Iowa. I'm engaged to the best man I could ever ask for, we've been together 7 years now and plan to get married next April, but we'll probably elope before that :). I work in Litigation Support, which is basically data management for law firms. It was just luck that I got into this industry, but I find it really interesting and I love my job. I have a total of 6 cats--3 live with me, and 3 are still at my mom's house in Iowa, but I plan to bring them here next time I go home to visit. I have my Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing and I love to write poetry. I'm also pretty good with computers, I wish I could do more in a career with them.

I've been overweight ever since I was in 1st or 2nd grade, the most I've ever lost was 55 pounds 5 years ago, and I gained it all back, plus 100 pounds more. It kind of scares me to think that for the first time in my life, I might be a normal weight.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi all,

My sugery date is June 12th by Dr. Snyder in Denver, CO. I live in a 'burb of Denver. I grew up in Denver but moved away 25 yrs ago and just recently moved back a year ago. We moved a lot in those 25 yrs but hope to be home for good. I have been married 29 yrs to my HS sweetheart, have a daughter and son 26 and 25. No grand kids and 2 furbabies, black lab mixes. I was a stay at home mom for most of those years, when the kids were in HS I went back to work at the airlines but got laid off as a result of a bankruptcy. While living back east in Philadelphia I worked for a short time for QVC the shopping channel but had to quit to move back here. Since I am a self pay, I will be looking for some sort of a no brainer job to pay back the surgery loan, but at this stage in life am not looking for a career type job, I want flexibility to travel, etc. so not sure what I will end up with. LOL Oh and I want it to be fun. Am I asking for the impossible job? LOL

hello all! i live in pineville, la. i'm a social service counselor at a mr/dd facility. 2 grown children & 2 beautiful granddaughters. my son lives in br so yesindeed maybe we can meet sometime for a paradise smoothie. they're great.

Another Texas person here :unsure: I am Jenni, turning 35 in a couple of weeks and having my surgery June 13th with Dr. Davis.

Married 10 years next month also. Lots of milestones coming up. I have a 21 month old son and the best husband in the world. When we first moved to Houston (6.5 years ago) I lost 99 pounds and kept it off for a couple of year but after a major depression, too much eating, and not being able to keep up with an insane gym routine I'd created, oh and having a baby, followed by another major depression, the weight crept back on. What did come out of that was the I love to exercise.

I managed to get the insurance to approve because I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and back and hip problems. In my mind I am a 25 but my body is 95! I can't even work out like I could before because of back pain.

My eventual goal is a mini-triathalon and getting back into this really cute skirt I wore all the time when I was thin. Oh and not needing my CPAP and HBP meds :thumbup: Oh and I would like to have another couple of kids but know it's too dangerous and miserable at this weight.

Anyway I am sure excited about having the procedure and looking forward to doing the journey with everyone.

Hi everyone...I'm from Kansas City, Missouri. I have 2 wonderful kids, and a great husband. I work in the HIM department for one the largest hospital systems in the midwest.

It took me a long time to step out of denial and realize that I am just getting bigger and bigger and that I've got to do something or I will not be able to have a productive life at all. I am so tired of being tired. I want to have energy and feel like a woman again.

I can't wait to get this process started...good luck to all of us!!

I work for the State of CA (ok..no Governator jokes), live in the Sierra Foothills and commute to work (gas is choking me). Been on the weight rollercoaster ever since I was taught how to "diet" by my mom at 8 or 9 years of age. Looking forward to getting off the rollercoaster. Being banded (knock on wood) on June 12th by Kaiser in South SanFrancisco by Dr. Li. WooHoo!!

Hi June friends!

I am from Texas also, about 45 miles east of Dallas. I work at a University and have a part-time job as a youth director. I just want to have more energy and keep up with all the younger folks I work around!

I am scheduled for June 9th!!! Two weeks from today. I'm ready to take the journey further.

Have a great week!

Dear twinmommie,

How was your first day of the pre-op diet. Your diet sounds a little better that mine as mine is liquids only. I can have Jello and Popsicles (sugarfree of course). Iam to have 6 Protein Drinks a day which should total at least 110 grams of Protein daily. I am using two different powders. One is nectar Lattes which is very good mixed w/ coffee. Matrix 5.0 is the other powder and it comes in a variety of flavors. It's not too bad. Both are spendy and I bought them at my surgeons office. Tomorrow I'm checking out a protein owder from Myolean. High protein content and isn't as expensive as what I have been using.

Good luck

Jules