Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Actually Jody has been listed on the website for some time now so it's not like she just started. She was probably sharing the patients with Jill. I have hired many people as well and sometimes I have had to let employees go that customers loved but they didn't see all aspects of her like we did. Someone might be great with customers/patients but not so great with administration.

I'm glad you were able to get in touch with her but I still don't feel as patients we are owed anything more than she no longer works here.

Jane

Absolutely right on Jane, so...........why didn't they do it?

Actually Jody has been listed on the website for some time now so it's not like she just started. She was probably sharing the patients with Jill. I have hired many people as well and sometimes I have had to let employees go that customers loved but they didn't see all aspects of her like we did. Someone might be great with customers/patients but not so great with administration.

I'm glad you were able to get in touch with her but I still don't feel as patients we are owed anything more than she no longer works here.

Jane

Others have said when they called for Jill, they were told she no longer works here. It seems as though that is their answer so not sure what else you are looking for but they are giving that answer out. If you feel you are owed more, then you should contact management and see what they have to say. For me, she no longer works here is all I need but if you feel you need more, then you need to make that call.

Others have said when they called for Jill, they were told she no longer works here. It seems as though that is their answer so not sure what else you are looking for but they are giving that answer out. If you feel you are owed more, then you should contact management and see what they have to say. For me, she no longer works here is all I need but if you feel you need more, then you need to make that call.

I have not been on the site for a while. I am shocked and disturbed by the fact that Jill will no longer be there with her gentle manner and very helpful information.

Jane c., I hate to say this but you really sound like an apologist for the administration, which is not what this web site is for.

It was Jill who put together the most useful support programs offered by TLBC; there is no one there who has the skills and caring attitude to continue those programs, and I fear they will end now with her disappearance . We have a right to have opinions and feelings about this. I also worry for the future of the clinic, and for what it will mean for all of us who were banded there.

I have not been on the site for a while. I am shocked and disturbed by the fact that Jill will no longer be there with her gentle manner and very helpful information.

Jane c., I hate to say this but you really sound like an apologist for the administration, which is not what this web site is for.

It was Jill who put together the most useful support programs offered by TLBC; there is no one there who has the skills and caring attitude to continue those programs, and I fear they will end now with her disappearance . We have a right to have opinions and feelings about this. I also worry for the future of the clinic, and for what it will mean for all of us who were banded there.

Thank you Lisa for saying what I wanted to convey as well. None of us are owed any explanation, but their attitude about it has said more about them than anything bad about Jill. I for one will miss her as she was, as you say, a friendly, supportive face to the clinic. And those programs were very helpful.

Mary

This website is for lapband discussions and I am free to discuss any part of it which includes my opinion of how a business handles their lapband staffing issues. Why would I apologize for the administration when I personally have nothing to gain by it? I was not even banded at TLBC so have no vested interest in anything they do.

As my original post said, I was simply giving a different opinion as to how they handled things. And before you jump down my throat about posting in a TLBC thread when I was not banded there, that's my choice as well. I have friends that were banded there and I always read everything and my opinion about anything is my right.

As I've told others, if you take issue with the way they have handled this then instead of bitching on a message board, contact them and ask to speak to someone more than the person who answers the phone. If you feel you are owed answers then do it with the people than can actually answer your questions.

Jane

At least you tried, there really isn't much more anyone can do then. Doddie said she was able to be put in contact with Jill so at least everyone knows she is fine.

Hi Gang;

On a more possitive note.

Once upon a time, we used to organize a Toronto area Bandster lunch... just to yak and get support..

Does anyone still do this????

It does not have any association with a particular clinic just any bandster in the Toronto area???

Peaches,

There is an upcoming Christmas one in the Toronto area. I saw it recently posted on Canadian Lapbanders. I'm not sure if you are a member there or not but if you want the information, I could go back and try and find it.

Jane

I AM SO MAD!!!!

I was supposed to go in for my first fill on Monday (15th)and I just get a call today saying (like its not a big deal) that my appointment has been moved to the Wednesday! Its a big deal to me..I had to book time off and reschedule clients from my business so I could go...I had already booked my hotels rooms and all TLBC gives me is 4 days notice!!! ALL BECAUSE they are shooting a commercial at TLBC!!

I pitched the biggest fit and I think I scared the woman because she put me on hold then told me that I can still go in Monday!

I will NEVER recommend TLBC to anyone..I have put up with to much crap from them..they need to start treating people better than this.

Sorry I had to vent!

Sigh........! Welcome to the long distance client list of unhappiness. I don't know what the problems are with TLBC dealing with long distance patients, but it has been going on since I had my band. They just can't get their head around the fact that just to get to Toronto the bills can amount up to huge amounts or simply they don't care. I really thought with the latest round of new executives things would pick up but I continue to read stories like yours and I give my head a shake. Too bad because I continue to think Dr. Yau is one great surgeon.

Sure hope you have good success with your fill but a reminder to take fills slow and easy. Take a read of Peter's posting on the canadianlapbanders about overfilling. Very interesting informatin.

I AM SO MAD!!!!

I was supposed to go in for my first fill on Monday (15th)and I just get a call today saying (like its not a big deal) that my appointment has been moved to the Wednesday! Its a big deal to me..I had to book time off and reschedule clients from my business so I could go...I had already booked my hotels rooms and all TLBC gives me is 4 days notice!!! ALL BECAUSE they are shooting a commercial at TLBC!!

I pitched the biggest fit and I think I scared the woman because she put me on hold then told me that I can still go in Monday!

I will NEVER recommend TLBC to anyone..I have put up with to much crap from them..they need to start treating people better than this.

Sorry I had to vent!

I totally know what you are going through Jorja,

I am from Alberta and I just got a call this morning as well, and they wanted to reschedule my appt. on Monday for Wednesday. Why would they do this?? I am really disappointed in them. I didn't reschedule... I told them that my flight is booked and so is my hotel, so they kept the appt.

I was told before I booked my surgery that there WAS a fill Dr. where I live...then I was told that there wasn't by a fellow bandster from Edmonton (after I booked my appt. paid $2500.00 and booked 2 flights for my husband and myself to go to TO.) she told me that she had to fly to TO for her fills. So called them to "straighten out the situation" and I was told that they just finished training a Dr. where I live to do fills so he will be set up to do them by the time i have my surgery. Then surgery day comes and I was told that I need to fly back to TO. for my first fill because it is really important to go to their "fill seminar" and that it would be easier for the Dr who was trained to do fills where I live to find the port because there would be saline in it. So I booked my flights and hotel, and today I was told that there will be no fill seminar for me. (apparently its not as important as it was on Nov. 20th). I could have stayed here and got my fills from their Dr. in Edmonton (if there is one, who knows if they have been truthful).I seem to be spending more and more money and I am getting frustrated with SLIMBAND a.k.a TLBC.

I recovered great from my surgery, I have no problem with Dr. Yau as a surgeon, and the nurses were great to me before and after the surgery, but the clinic is going to suffer if they keep this up.

Unhappy in Edmonton!!!! :lol:

they gave me the same B-S story about how after my first fill I can go to Sudbury which is so much closer than Toronto. After I paid them the money and had the surgery NOW they are telling me that they are in the process of training someone in Sudbury...but they wouldnt give the name to investigate it myself...hmmmm. I wonder if this should be taken to the better buisness bureau??

Hi Inuit

Are you lurking? Have you been banded or just considering it?

Peaches