Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Mary,

I think she has been talking to people for sure just not the right people. I have spoken to Jorja in private and I know what she has had to do in the past and that was go over a regular worker's head to the top. When I read Jane's reply, I took it as stop talking to the workers and start talking to management. Of course everyone is free to vent here and look for support, that's what the board is for. I never found anyone to be negative to Jorga in any of the posts. I think we all just write differently and at the end of the day, we are all just giving our best advice in a bad situation. Honestly if this was me, I'd be their biggest pain in the ass that wouldn't go away until someone spoke to me. I'd fill up email boxes, voicemail boxes, you name it and I'd do it to be heard. I can hear the frustration in Jorja's responses and I'm sure she's at the end of her wits but today is a new day and hopefully she finds the strength to keep pushing forward with this and demand to speak with management.

Well written, but perception is everything. When someone starts a post "who promised...." it reminded me immediately of someone standing with their hands on their hip and bullying someone to be quiet.

I believe that dealing with the company is the best best, but if someone has done everything they can think of, posting for other solutions is a good idea. Also, venting helps the next time to keep ones emotions in check when contacting the company again.

Also, the emotional support is imperitive because of the emotional eating that could play a part in all of this.

Doddie, I think you are misinterpretating Jane's post because I saw nothing negative in there at all. She was suggesting that Jorja contact the people who have power not that she shouldn't post here for support but to do both. We have to be our own pitbulls in this and if we aren't happy, we have to go to the powers that be and get resolution.

Gotta love the internet and how a supportive piece of advice was deemed negative by some yet supportive by others.

Edited by Doddie63
corrected quote

I was contacted today from TLBC regarding my posts on here and they said they are going to do there best to make this a better situation..so we'll see. I have a month old e-mail from Dorothy saying that they will send me a fillperson if none is available to me but talking to David today he said that is not possible but they are willing to help with travel expenses. I usually drive to Toronto but I'm terrified now, due to the fact that I was run off the road by a transport on my way to my fill. So my thoughts are to fly next time.

I hope this goes better from here on in with TLBC.

Thanks for your support ladies.

I'm generally a happy person just to let everyone know :biggrin:

Edited by jorja78

Good for you jorja. Merry Christmas and may the new Year bring you the success with your journey. Let us know how your journey goes.

I was contacted today from TLBC regarding my posts on here and they said they are going to do there best to make this a better situation..so we'll see. I have a month old e-mail from Dorothy saying that they will send me a fillperson if none is available to me but talking to David today he said that is not possible but they are willing to help with travel expenses. I usually drive to Toronto but I'm terrified now, due to the fact that I was run off the road by a transport on my way to my fill. So my thoughts are to fly next time.

I hope this goes better from here on in with TLBC.

Thanks for your support ladies.

I'm generally a happy person just to let everyone know :biggrin:

Best of Luck to you, Jorja, and Doddie, I encourage you to keep giving your wise and helpful support on this site, and let no one discourage you from doing so. It is interesting to know that TLBC is monitoring this site. I certainly have my suspicions as to who is reporting back to them. But I hope it does, in the end, help those who are now having problems with the clinic. I still wonder how they are going to adequately replace Jill and all her wonderful programmes. I, for one, will miss her.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Thanks, lisa. I will continue to post and hopefully I will be of help to the individual in some small way. Free speech still exists in my mind and although the written word sometimes gets interpretted in the wrong way, as long as the intentions are good that is all that that matters. As I go through my journey of nearing two years, some of my past experiences may be of help with someone just starting out. Seems to me the first year is when bandsters have the most questions.

And yes, I truly hope the new CEO brings some stability and improves communication in putting forward the clinics goals. They are a good clinic, but they seem to have lost their way.

Merry Christmas and a great New Year to everyone.

Best of Luck to you, Jorja, and Doddie, I encourage you to keep giving your wise and helpful support on this site, and let no one discourage you from doing so. It is interesting to know that TLBC is monitoring this site. I certainly have my suspicions as to who is reporting back to them. But I hope it does, in the end, help those who are now having problems with the clinic. I still wonder how they are going to adequately replace Jill and all her wonderful programmes. I, for one, will miss her.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Jorja,

I just wanted to say that you and I have dealt with some of the same issues about Slimband. Don't let anyone discourage you on this site! You have my support!

Doddie,

I think that you are a great role model to all of us that are new to the banding experience, I'm glad that there is someone like you on this site to help us out. I know that you would be the first one that I would go to if I needed any advice! Thank-You. I always love to read your posts. Keep it up!

Thank you for your support. Merry Christmas

Jorja,

I just wanted to say that you and I have dealt with some of the same issues about Slimband. Don't let anyone discourage you on this site! You have my support!

Doddie,

I think that you are a great role model to all of us that are new to the banding experience, I'm glad that there is someone like you on this site to help us out. I know that you would be the first one that I would go to if I needed any advice! Thank-You. I always love to read your posts. Keep it up!

I’ve been following this forum for a while now and I can’t help but notice how negative some people are here. Jorrja78 you seem to be dead set against TLBC and nothing they offer you seems to change that. I just got my gift certificate from them by Fedex yesterday and I am very happy with the service I have received so far. Sometimes in life you need to change the way you view things and stop blaming others for your situation, this is what I believe is the first step on the road to success.

I understand that sometimes the experience we have with a company is not always positive, but instead of focusing on that maybe you should see how you’ve already started to lose weight and you’ve only been banded for 1 month. I am just starting my journey and I know this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I’ve been following this forum for a while now and I can’t help but notice how negative some people are here. Jorrja78 you seem to be dead set against TLBC and nothing they offer you seems to change that. I just got my gift certificate from them by Fedex yesterday and I am very happy with the service I have received so far. Sometimes in life you need to change the way you view things and stop blaming others for your situation, this is what I believe is the first step on the road to success.

I understand that sometimes the experience we have with a company is not always positive, but instead of focusing on that maybe you should see how you’ve already started to lose weight and you’ve only been banded for 1 month. I am just starting my journey and I know this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Congrats on your surgery, I am happy that everything went great for you! However I wanted to remind you that this is a post regarding TLBC a.k.a. SLIMBAND, and it is nice to have a forum to see the positives well as the negatives. The problems that SOME of us have with TLBC does not mean that everybody goes thrught the same issues, but for me I have been talking to Jorja about going through some of the same issues ie: fill Dr.'s and appt. cancellations, and it is nice to know someone else is going through the same things. I have met Jorja in person ( I flew to TO. for my first fill...thats another story regarding TLBC), she is not a negative person she is just like ther rest of us trying to get some support and insight from eachother. That is what this forum is for...isn't it? Everyone is going to make their own decisions about their surgery. I am sure that for some of us, it has been smooth sailing with TLBC, but for others it hasn't. I loved Dr. Yau, he has a great reputation, my surgery went great and my aftercare nurses were awesome, Belina has been trying to make things better for me, but relying on Toronto promises, when I live in Alberta has been difficult. I have worked through some of my issues but I still think that TLBC isn't the greatest when you live long distance (that is my own experience). In my opinion, I have heard better things from SWLC regarding long distance care.

Good luck on your journey!

:thumbup: well said.

Congrats on your surgery, I am happy that everything went great for you! However I wanted to remind you that this is a post regarding TLBC a.k.a. SLIMBAND, and it is nice to have a forum to see the positives well as the negatives. The problems that SOME of us have with TLBC does not mean that everybody goes thrught the same issues, but for me I have been talking to Jorja about going through some of the same issues ie: fill Dr.'s and appt. cancellations, and it is nice to know someone else is going through the same things. I have met Jorja in person ( I flew to TO. for my first fill...thats another story regarding TLBC), she is not a negative person she is just like ther rest of us trying to get some support and insight from eachother. That is what this forum is for...isn't it? Everyone is going to make their own decisions about their surgery. I am sure that for some of us, it has been smooth sailing with TLBC, but for others it hasn't. I loved Dr. Yau, he has a great reputation, my surgery went great and my aftercare nurses were awesome, Belina has been trying to make things better for me, but relying on Toronto promises, when I live in Alberta has been difficult. I have worked through some of my issues but I still think that TLBC isn't the greatest when you live long distance (that is my own experience). In my opinion, I have heard better things from SWLC regarding long distance care.

Good luck on your journey!

We should be helping each other and not judging, that's what this forum is all about. So I agree with your post as well.

I have been very happy with my experiences with TLBC for the most part, my op went great, and although I am a bit too far away to take part in the boot camps etc, I hope that they continue. But I'm really pleased to hear that they are monitoring this forum, as it may make them try harder to improve their weaknesses and be the best place to go with one of the best (if not the best) surgeons. It's great to hear both good and bad so others can decide where they want to go. I've had issues with calls not returned, but I do persevere and get there eventually. Sometimes it is easy to think that we are wrong somehow when we feel we aren't treated right, and it's nice to come to a place to ask "have you had this experience?".

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for all the support. It's great to be able to ask all those "silly" questions that we have from time to time and get feedback from others in the same boat. I still can't get my husband to get his head around how the band works!

Mary