Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

right on marivan. I have been on this site for all most two years now and I have yet to see a "silly question" in my mind. I have read the same questions from differentS people starting out and it is very easy to say "go to this or that link", but I don't think that is what the poster wants. I think most of us post a questions because we want reassurance we are not alone.

I have been criticized for stressing aftercare and yes sometimes attacked but when I read posts where the bandster is desparate, then I feel I have to reach out. My ideas may not be the best but at least I am trying. Hopefully I am able to help a little bit. I certainly know I have been helped when I posted questins.

We should be helping each other and not judging, that's what this forum is all about. So I agree with your post as well.

I have been very happy with my experiences with TLBC for the most part, my op went great, and although I am a bit too far away to take part in the boot camps etc, I hope that they continue. But I'm really pleased to hear that they are monitoring this forum, as it may make them try harder to improve their weaknesses and be the best place to go with one of the best (if not the best) surgeons. It's great to hear both good and bad so others can decide where they want to go. I've had issues with calls not returned, but I do persevere and get there eventually. Sometimes it is easy to think that we are wrong somehow when we feel we aren't treated right, and it's nice to come to a place to ask "have you had this experience?".

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for all the support. It's great to be able to ask all those "silly" questions that we have from time to time and get feedback from others in the same boat. I still can't get my husband to get his head around how the band works!

Mary

I’ve been following this forum for a while now and I can’t help but notice how negative some people are here. Jorrja78 you seem to be dead set against TLBC and nothing they offer you seems to change that. I just got my gift certificate from them by Fedex yesterday and I am very happy with the service I have received so far. Sometimes in life you need to change the way you view things and stop blaming others for your situation, this is what I believe is the first step on the road to success.

I understand that sometimes the experience we have with a company is not always positive, but instead of focusing on that maybe you should see how you’ve already started to lose weight and you’ve only been banded for 1 month. I am just starting my journey and I know this is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Oh I get it...its my fault they cant hold up there end of their promises.????

I'm not a negative person but after dropping so much money I should feel entitled to what they say they are going to do for me and then they back out of...do you want to see the e-mails I have from them?

Something tells me you are not a client but another worker from TLBC.

I was happy to have a discussion with David from TLBC and he assured me that things will be changing with customer satisfaction that I am getting. David told me that the fill doctor in training who they had in Sudbury kinda just disapeared and that TLBC would now help cover the costs of my travels to T.O for fills.

All I have ever wanted was to get what was promised me. Its not like I was let down once , twice or even three times...it has been more than that so I think I have a reason to get excited and to blow off some steam with others who were really kind on this website and helped pick me up in a time I was feeling so low.

This weekend I got so many compliments from friends and family about my weight loss...it just made me feel over the moon!! Its nice to have this finally happening after all the struggles of past yo yo diets. This New Years is going to be exciting when I do my new years resolution because dieting wont be on my list :hurray: Now I can focus on something else to conquer. All the best to everyone this holiday season!!!

All the best to you too jorja. Your comments above are so appropriate. I don't understand why people blame the messenger. It seems that if an obese person complains they are called negative and instead should be bright and bubbly with compliments such as "oh, thank you for being so nasty and failing to live up to your promises. I am so delighted". However, let a person who is not obese complain and people fall all over themselves trying to help. It happens in all areas of society. An obese person is always thought of as jolly or looked upon in a negative manner. When we step out of that character we are immediately smashed down. I seriously believe we are the last group where discrimination is allowed.

That is my rant for the day.

Happy New Year everyone.

Oh I get it...its my fault they cant hold up there end of their promises.????

I'm not a negative person but after dropping so much money I should feel entitled to what they say they are going to do for me and then they back out of...do you want to see the e-mails I have from them?

Something tells me you are not a client but another worker from TLBC.

I was happy to have a discussion with David from TLBC and he assured me that things will be changing with customer satisfaction that I am getting. David told me that the fill doctor in training who they had in Sudbury kinda just disapeared and that TLBC would now help cover the costs of my travels to T.O for fills.

All I have ever wanted was to get what was promised me. Its not like I was let down once , twice or even three times...it has been more than that so I think I have a reason to get excited and to blow off some steam with others who were really kind on this website and helped pick me up in a time I was feeling so low.

Jorja, let me assure you that I am NOT an employee of TLBC. I was simply making an observation about your negativity. It seems that as long as someone doesn't agree with you, they are your enemy. Finding support to complain about your situation will get you nowhere, unless you contact TLBC directly you'll be in exactly the same place. I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time except whine about everything that comes their way.

I've read each of your posts and everyone one of them has been a complaint about something or another. Get over it and move on!

Jorja, let me assure you that I am NOT an employee of TLBC. I was simply making an observation about your negativity. It seems that as long as someone doesn't agree with you, they are your enemy. Finding support to complain about your situation will get you nowhere, unless you contact TLBC directly you'll be in exactly the same place. I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time except whine about everything that comes their way.

I've read each of your posts and everyone one of them has been a complaint about something or another. Get over it and move on!

SpanishLady,

Have you ever heard of the saying people who live in glass houses....?

For someone who is complaining about complaining isn't going to go anywhere. For someone who writes about someones negativity and keeps bringing it up with every post that you are writing is counter productive...don't you think?

She's posting about her experiences thats it! She hasn't told you what to focus on....so why are you doing that to her?

I'm glad to hear that you are not working for TLBC, I did think that as well because you started an account just to post about Jorja's comment. It sounded a little fishy to me. You also seem to be going online during TLBC business hours. I'm glad to hear you don't work for them because that would be a sleazy move by them.

I think that you should leave Jorja alone, let her vent and focus on her weightloss and not aggrivate the situation. Why keep stirring the pot. Let it go.

canadiangirl

Since when did 9am to 5pm become the exclusive business hours for TLBC? I guess I'll have to post at other times to avoid this ridiculous conspiracy theory![/quote

SpanishGirl,

Why are you so defensive?

We know that TLBC are reading the posts. It wouldn't be implausable that they would be writing something on these sites. The only ridiculous thing is this conversation.

Relax

Maybe I am a grouch.. But after recovering from my motorcycle accident and two surgeries thereafter and trying to keep my business afloat and run a household while my husband works out of town all the time...I have no time to go to Toronto for my fills and that was a point that I brought up to Dorothy who assured me again it will be fine. So now I feel with no fill dr in Sudbury I am screwed, I have paid for this surgery for nothing since I cant get my proper fills.

This is a whole different experience and just dealing with the weight loss end of things and then all the other crap on top of it has absolutly drained me. I cant "eat" my stress away and I'm trying to deal with all of this in a new way and its hard..so yes I snapped. I dont have anyone else to talk to about this slimband and I thought I could come here to vent...my apologies to anyone I have offended.

I guess the topper to all my stress was finding out I possibly have melanoma prior to this change in plans.

Many thanks to my friends on here for being so supportive.

Spanish Lady...good luck with your weight loss I'm glad you arent having a hard time.

Edited by jorja78

I think you should be allowed to bitch here as much as you like. Frankly, that's the point of this forum. And I would just like to see everyone treating everyone with respect and if you are sick of a subject, then just move on to another one.

I understand completely because I've only told a few close friends and my husband about my surgery and it is understandable that they don't really "get" it, or how it feels to have the band, or in most cases, the struggles of being obese. I consider these forums a lifeline too.

I've already stopped looking at another Canadian forum because it seems to be for a select bunch of bandsters that have reached their goals and are only really interested in talking with each other. So if any "newbie" or someone not in their group ventures a question, only one or two other people answer (sometimes if you are lucky), while a silly comment about some holiday has 34 replies.

All of the replies you've had about this issue have given you some input and it sounds like you are now getting somewhere. And if the clinic is learning and treating all of their clients better for it, then that is good all round. And I would be really upset too if I was promised something and based a decision on that promise and then they changed what they said.

I also am on a Texas forum (I don't know how I found that one) and it is so varied and everyone is so helpful! I'm amazed how people don't argue and lots of different people jump in with their own ideas. There are a few "old timers" that have some long term information as well as the newbies who ask the same questions over and over. But the funny thing is, because it has so many people, no one says "read the threads" they just jump in and answer. It's just as quick and everyone is so excited about this huge change in their lives.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, and the wish that anyone feels free to ask any question without fear of reprisals.

This forum can then be a lot more active and fun! I'd like a Canadian one that I can enjoy reading and contributing to!

Mary

p.s. I just realised, everyone says that Canadians are so polite, but I guess our real selves come out in forums!:party:

I am amazed that Spanishlady would be so upset at someone posting their concerns, anquish, frustrations, whatever. Spanishlady, it appears to me that you want to stifle anyone that has a negative comment (in your opinion). To me they are not negative comments but a person posting her experiences so others may learn or give her support.

The last comment I have to say Spanish Lady. If you don't like the the tone of the post, don't respond. You move on to another site. We will continue to give our support no matter what the problem may be.

Well then, its almost a NEW YEAR... lets put all this yipping behind us and do what we do best....

SUPPORT Each other in our Weightloss Goals.

I too love being a Canadian Bandster and although I've had my ups and downs with Bandlife... for the newbies.... I'd do it all over again!

It is freeing that we can come to this thread and say whatever is on our minds... My family does not understand my weight issues, addiction but HERE I feel that you've all been through the same Sh!t as I have... and understand without being judgemental.. God knows we've all shamed and blamed ourselves enough!

I am embarkinig on a Journaling campaign to help me stay motivated and accountable.. I use SPARKPEOPLE.com and it is a fantastic site. I'd encourage anyone to go there and check it out... FREE.. no spam either..

Take care everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR :party:

Hip Hip Hooray! Peaches. Happy New Year to you and continued success.

I just did a year review of my weight loss and my 1/4 to 1/2 lb added up to 25 lbs for the year. Hooray for the turtles.