Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Heather,

What a conspiracy theory you have come up with. You think everyone else is working for another clinic yet it seems you are working for Slimband. If they hired you to drum up business, I think they deserve their money back. You are the worst advertisement for them. It is so obvious that you are pushing them every chance you get. I have in fact read through many of your old posts and you never mentioned them as much as you have in past week. New job for you?

I love how you blame every new person of being a plant. You have been a member here a long time but that means nothing at all as to your credibility. You could be getting all kinds of perks for pushing the word on this clinic. I think this whole thread is nothing but a huge train wreck and people just can't look away. Your feeble attempt to start a new thread to keep people away from this one that is full of the truth didn't quite work out for you did it? You see that most people have seen right through your little game and continue to post in the original one.

I have read swansong's posts as well and nowhere does it say where she lives so it's a big assumption on your part that she's from Sudbury. Do you have super powers that the rest of us don't have to know where someone is from that hasn't posted it? I didn't think so, just another lame excuse to put the blame elsewhere. You seem like the plant here, just a long rooted one is all.

Enjoy your new job of promoting Slimband but quite honestly, you have done just the opposite. Your constant pushing towards it, has totally turned me away from it. I think they need to rethink their latest tactics to get patients because it just isn't working. You are a huge disservice to them and I believe it's been shown here just how much people do not trust you.

Lucy

Lucy,

It was meant to show how absurd accusing anyone of working for a clinic is... Just because some one has had good experiences doesn't make them a plant, it means they had good experiences.. just because someone has bad experiences doesn't make them a plant either it means they have had some bad experiences. Over all my experience with Slimband/TLBC/no clinic prior to that has been amazing and this is coming from a girl who has had 7 complications surgeries that required her to fly back to Toronto to have them fixed.... none of the complications were the surgeons fault and I attribute them to a faulty band and weight lost. Sorry but my experience is the opposite of theirs and i don't mind saying it doesn't make me a sales person it makes me a happy bandster.

As for where swansong lives i looked at her profile and it was on there... 50, sudbury , 3 posts and you can even read the posts so that is where I got that info.

I don't work for the clinic don't need to work for the clinic don't want to work for the clinic my clients are high enough maintenance without having to deal with patients who are super high maintenance pain in the asses myself included in that, god if I had to deal with people like us all day I would shoot myself.. I have sat in the waiting rooms and listened.. and not a hope... being a software consultant is bad enough people are horrid computers are simple, believe me or not...I don't care my pay cheques are signed by someone other than slimband.

You are going to go where you are going to go, I just say go where you are comfy and where you like the staff and the surgeons you will have a long relationship with them. You owe it to yourself to be happy with your clinic and the amount of money you spent and if you have 3-4 choices in your local area why not talk to all of them and then make your choice... I am not saying choose one over the other I am not saying lean to one over the other it is obvious where I would go and where I will take my mum when she is ready to be banded.

And I don't care if this thread goes on forever I wanted to start something more positive so sue me, something that was shorter again sue me.. as I have stated many times I prefer focusing on the positive but yes sometimes my annoyance gets the better of me like all people and do you honestly think if i worked at the clinic I could post what I have been posting... and they wouldn't fire me, or at least tell me to stop posting...think about it.. I have always been known to speak my mind and I am not going to change that. Read Canadian lapbanders on yahoo groups or read my posts here you can search my name and you will read that it is not all about the clinics neither are my posts on here for the most part until recently. Sorry when I see something I believe in being jumped on I will speak up... and I don't care who likes it.

And yes I will continue to post about my positive experiences because guess what I have that right just as people have the right to post about negative experiences... and when I had a negative experience I posted about that.. and dealt with it and got over it and moved on. People have both.. so what... I have never ever said don't post about the negative I have said post it and move on...

So good luck Lucy I hope it works out for you, I hope you meet and exceed your goals and I hope that for any one who is banded whether I like them or not or whether they go to my clinic or not it is a free market system may the best clinic win you business and I hope you do your research and ask a ton of questions and most importantly make the right choice for you and that you are comfy with.

But since I came here for support I think I will get back to my basics and start working on my support...

Heather

Ok, this a a bit different. What the heck have you all done about changing bad habits. My NOT chewing never seems to go away. Two years now and I seem to go along fine then bam, I am vomiting. I am getting fed up with myself so thought I would post and ask what you or your clinic has suggested??????????

Hello, What is the difference between the 'slimband' and the 'lapband'? I am scheduled to have the 'lapband' done at the Maples Centre in Wpg. in Feb. Just curious if there was any real difference other than brand. Thanks.

Hi Mimi,

I had the same question myself when I was researching lapband, the clinic TLBC changed their name to Slimband. (they might be considering a new name change again due to these posts though) LOL!!!!

Slimband is the name of a company (formerly TLBC) and lapband is the name of the product . There are a number of companies selling different bands. With the Slimband clinic, the surgeon puts on the band that best suits his patients at time of surgery. I am not sure of the bands they carry.

Hello, What is the difference between the 'slimband' and the 'lapband'? I am scheduled to have the 'lapband' done at the Maples Centre in Wpg. in Feb. Just curious if there was any real difference other than brand. Thanks.

Edited by Doddie63
clarity

Yah, I am curious about this myself.

I was banded by Dr. Yau back in Sept 07 and my experiences with TLBC have been positive ones. I was, I guess, an ideal patient: I got banded, had fills, lost weight, and that was pretty much that. I haven't had an experience at all with the new TLBC (although I will be needing a fill 'er up soon) and so I am unable to comment.

I do think that this is the place to air ALL comments - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I also have no problem with TLBC monitoring this "conversation." Afterall, how are they going to be able to understand that there are problems and to be able to fix these, if they do not hear our complaints?

Thanks, Doddie. I think your answer was posted while I was still typing out my comment. I prefer TLBC as a title. I think it sounds more dignified, eh.

Hi Green: Yes I prefer TLBC over Slimband. I wish they would go back. I have had great success with my band. There was a time (lst years) that I had difficulty with aftercare communications but that was sorted out. Now I am happy on my journey.

Thanks, Doddie. I think your answer was posted while I was still typing out my comment. I prefer TLBC as a title. I think it sounds more dignified, eh.

Doddie, you have been a great help and inspiration to a lot of fellow Canucks on this forum, you know. I think that you are very cool.

Hi Doddie,

Thank you so much for the help.You gave me the answers that I needed.

I just called Nancy at TLBC and she suggested a 0.5cc removal just as you said. I hope that helps me. I hope Torontonians realize how easy they have it with the clinic right there. I would be attending every bootcamp and seminar out there.

Your advice was bang on! Thanks again. You need to start a "Dear Doddie" post. LOL!!!

You truly are a wonderful asset to this site!

Thanks guys, er gals :cursing: for all your responses. I agree with you also in that I appreciate Doddie's attention and positive attitude.

Hi Doddie,

Thank you so much for the help.You gave me the answers that I needed.

I just called Nancy at TLBC and she suggested a 0.5cc removal just as you said. I hope that helps me. I hope Torontonians realize how easy they have it with the clinic right there. I would be attending every bootcamp and seminar out there.

Your advice was bang on! Thanks again. You need to start a "Dear Doddie" post. LOL!!!

You truly are a wonderful asset to this site!

Yah, we Torontonians do have an easy time of it. TLBC is only 6 subway stops away from my house, a longish but pleasant walk with lots of shopping! along the way.

I have my consult booked for this Wednesday.

I've finally come across the full amount of money, as I didn't want to go into debt for something like this ..

I'm so excited, my time has finally come. :cursing:

Thankyou all of you. I am truly flattered and it is nice feedback for me. When helping others, I help myself. The lst year is usually the most trying as every emotion, pain, tweak, decision making is new. Most time, everyone (including me) just needs reassurance as the answer is probably known, just needs confirming.

Again thank you all :cursing::cursing:

I sincerely hope your consult goes well. It is a thrilling moment for you to finally be on your way. With your attitude, your journey will be very successful. :cursing:

I have my consult booked for this Wednesday.

I've finally come across the full amount of money, as I didn't want to go into debt for something like this ..

I'm so excited, my time has finally come. :cursing: