Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have to say that I haven't been tempted to drink any pop at all, and weaned myself off both diet and regular years ago. I love that Mythbusters show, but didn't see that particular one, but they are pretty amazing.

Regular pop is pretty bad (full of sugar) and diet pop? Aspartame is really bad for you. There is possibly no secret why people who are just 50 are getting dementia. We aren't meant to be eating this stuff. (or it's equally evil twin Splenda)

On another topic, Congratulations Doddie for your great Doctor's appointment! It is something when a doctor that didn't want you to have this operation is commending you for it! And us turtles are getting there in the end! Way to go. I was telling my husband the other day that I would be under 200 pounds by the time we go to Scotland in October and later I thought "That is completely doable!" Under 200 pounds. I don't think I've seen the 100's in almost 20 years.

Finally, you know what they say about Surgeons. There is a famous joke.

What is the difference between God and Surgeons? God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

I only spoke to Dr Yau for about five minutes as well before my operation, but I found him to be polite and he explained how he'd fix any hernias that I may have and talked about how I should eat afterwards. I really didn't have any questions to ask him, as they'd all been answered before I made the decision to have the operation. I never expected to have any further contact with him really.

Nice to see some different topics here. Can't we start a new thread though, so we can have less pages to wade through?

Mary

Edited by marivan
spelling

Marivan

I was the same as you ...I like Dr yau and he was straight to the point and he really listened to my concerns and answered them very well to ease my nerves. I didnt have much to ask him because my consultant did well with answering every one of my concerns leading up to the big day. I kinda felt awkward not having more to ask him after he left.

HI: Why don't you start one say "Slimband aka TLBC cont'd" :tt2: I am not a great computer "geek" and find myself happy I can navigate these sites.

Let us know how you are doing in your Quest to get under or at your goal.

Nice to see some different topics here. Can't we start a new thread though, so we can have less pages to wade through?

Mary

HI: Why don't you start one say "Slimband aka TLBC cont'd" :thumbdown: I am not a great computer "geek" and find myself happy I can navigate these sites.

Let us know how you are doing in your Quest to get under or at your goal.

Mary

I don't mind starting a new thread is everyone in agreement to let this one go and start a new thread?

I've heard people refer to other forums. Can anyone suggest other sites to converse with Canadians about the lap-band?

Most clinics have their own patient forum so you could get the one from your clinic if they have one.

There are a few Yahoo groups just for Canadians as well. The first one is the general one, 2nd one is for people under 35 and the next ones are regional.

canadianlapbanders : Canadianlapbanders

youngcanadianbandsters : Young Canadian Bandsters

maritimes_bariatric_patients : Maritime Provinces Bariatric Patients

manitobalapbanders : Manitoba Lapbanders

calgarylapbanders : Calgary Lap Banders

EUREKA!!! I finally got it right!!!!

cute ticker mimi!! Glad its working for you. Congratulations on your weight loss as well :w00t:

Thanks jorja :cool2: One week down, one week to go on this optifast!:thumbup:

Heres to a really speedy week for ya!! :wink: I hope it goes by painlessly LOL. :thumbup:

I'm just writing this because I wanted to tell the world .(pretty much) that I am now below the 200 lb mark..I havent seen the 100's in a LONG time....YIPPEE!

Thanks to so many on here for giving me motivating words to keep me from being frustrated at my plateau.

Life is great

Edited by jorja78

Congratulations. I can feel your happiness from here. Under 200 by June 30 th is my goal also. I sure hope I make it.

I'm just writing this because I wanted to tell the world .(pretty much) that I am now below the 200 lb mark..I havent seen the 100's in a LONG time....YIPPEE!

Thanks to so many on here for giving me motivating words to keep me from being frustrated at my plateau.

Life is great