Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hello all I have just joined this forum. I have enjoyed reading all your blogs for the past several weeks before my surgery. I was just banded on Thurs 10/23 at TLBC with Dr. Yau so far all is going great EXCEPT for this pain I have in my left shoulder. It’s absolutely debilitating and the meds don't relieve it. I have tried walking and anti gas tablets does anyone have any other advise or experienced anything similar. Please tell me this will go away.

Yes, this is only temporary pain. The gas will disipate soon, try a heating pad on your shoulder... plus KEEP ON WALKING that helps the best.:thumbup:

is that common to get pain in your shoulder>? Plus I'm nine days away from surgery and I need to know what I'm too expect.

is that common to get pain in your shoulder>? Plus I'm nine days away from surgery and I need to know what I'm too expect.

Yes, it is common. It is just the gas though that is pumped into your abdomen during surgery. It has no where to go and sometimes seems to 'sit' in your shoulder area. Just get up and go for a walk it will dissapate. Also, its not a Horrible pain, just kinda uncomfortable...

I went for a short walk the evening of my surgery. (operation 11 a.m.) and the next day felt so good that I went hiking on mountain trails around my home... Dr Yau gave me Torodol for pain, but I hardly took it, just took Tylenol for 3 days... that was it.

I have had several surgeries in the past, Breast reduc., hysterectomy etc.... the lap band is a breeze compaired to those..

Just think, you'll be able to change your countdown ticker toa W/L ticker before you know it!!

Are you getting excited???? I know I was at your stage. If you have any more questions, just ask or:thumbs_up: P.M. me...

Thanks Peaches!!

You look great!

I do have one question...last month I had my ACL repaired and I'm still taking T3's for the pain...is that going to create a problem for the surgery..should I stop taking them and deal with the pain ?

I'm so excited for this!!! The MOST AMZING thing has happened...my brain has started to think of me thin again. I have been having wonderful dreams and in them I am skinny!! I havent dreamt of that in a long time...well since I was skinny.lol

OK can someone PLEASE tell me if I'm getting screwed around by TLBC. I was originally told they would cover my hotel costs and now that TLBC lowered their prices by $2000.00 due to the economy..they say they wont cover my hotel now. I thought I was also told that they will be sending me my liquid pre-op supplement as well as Vitamins in the mail. Now they are saying no the supplement is one I have to make myself. Just confused..can anyone help me with this one?

I have never heard of them paying for anything. That doesn't even make any sense to me. I paid $18,000 in May.

Very interesting.....I have talked with another lady who is going in 8 days after me to get her band and shes paying ($16K like me) and they are covering her hotel costs.

Very interesting.....I have talked with another lady who is going in 8 days after me to get her band and shes paying ($16K like me) and they are covering her hotel costs.

Well, about the previous poster and the Tyl#3's prior to surgery... that is a question you should call and ask either nancy or Daryl

I got banded in Jul 07 and paid $16,000, however I do know that their price went up tho $18K... awhile ago in 2008... but that was pre-wall street crashs... so perhaps they did lower their fees...

I have never heard of them paying for Hotel accomd. but hey , no harm in asking for it right... Just negotiate with them... its a free country and there are 3 W/L clinics in T.O. now so compitition is on YOUR side.

Mine understanding is that TLBC is only covering three years for fills now for new patients compared to the past when it was lifetime.

So you may try to negotiate that also as SWLC is $16,000 and lifetime fills still.

PR seems to be a problem with TLBC lately. The right hand doens't know what the left hand is saying. Hopefully, they will straighten their PR out before it hurts them financially. I have a friend that has gone thru the same thing as the person posting above and is none too happy. Too bad, I really like TLBC and have received great care from then when needed but have to admit I too have run into the odd misinformation from the staff.

Well I got a hold of Greg today and he said he will deduct the cost of the hotel from my overall cost..so thats great!! He did say with the reduction in price that is one of the downfalls now with TLBC. But since they did tell me that they would cover it they are going to follow thru. YIPEE!

I am staying at the Days hotel..anyone know if its a nice place or should I go to the Holiday Inn?

I was also freaking out that my Metagenics never came in ..I guess there was a mistake and a back order for it so I'm late getting it...but they are aware of it and they assured me it will be in by friday....whoo...this is all too stressful.

Well I got a hold of Greg today and he said he will deduct the cost of the hotel from my overall cost..so thats great!! He did say with the reduction in price that is one of the downfalls now with TLBC. But since they did tell me that they would cover it they are going to follow thru. YIPEE!

I am staying at the Days hotel..anyone know if its a nice place or should I go to the Holiday Inn?

I was also freaking out that my Metagenics never came in ..I guess there was a mistake and a back order for it so I'm late getting it...but they are aware of it and they assured me it will be in by friday....whoo...this is all too stressful.

Good luck Jorda will be thinking of you. You have chosen one of the best surgeons and will come thru in flying colors.

thanks so much Doddie!!

yeah I feel pretty safe with him. I have heard nothing but good about him.

Edited by jorja78