Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Clinic- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I had a great surgery with Dr Yau too. I have to admit that I only met him just before my surgery for about five minutes and have never seen him again, but I had small scars, no gas and I'm thrilled with the band so far.

I've not had my question answered about whether previous patients who were promised life time fills will still be covered or not, but when I go to see Jill again, I'm going to clear that up with her.

But I'm a happy camper!

Mary

I'm so nervous... I have my sister sending me every horror story possible about weight loss surgeries on the net. grrrr..this is something I dont need to hear when I'm going in tomorrow for surgery! I cant remember what TLBC told me about the fills. I will ask again tomorrow.

I had a great surgery with Dr Yau too. I have to admit that I only met him just before my surgery for about five minutes and have never seen him again, but I had small scars, no gas and I'm thrilled with the band so far.

I've not had my question answered about whether previous patients who were promised life time fills will still be covered or not, but when I go to see Jill again, I'm going to clear that up with her.

But I'm a happy camper!

Mary

Mary, I was banded in 07 and told I would have lifetime service. I wondered how anyone could stay in business with the amount of fills and defills everyone seemed to be having. I had my port corrected with no cost to me in June which I think is the important part of the guarantee. From what I understand, there is now a 3 year service contract for fills. Hopefully, you can get get your answer on your next visit.

I wondered that too, but I don't think the majority of people abuse it. I've been banded a year and have had six fills and the gap between the last two was April to October. Plus like you, I can't take advantage of all the boot camps etc. so it isn't like they have hundreds of people doing those.

I'm sure that they discourage people filling and defilling, and their thinking at the moment is that if you haven't lost the weight in three years, you aren't going to. However, if we were promised that, I still want to know that I won't have to pay if I need a defill for some medical reason five years down the road. But I'll let you know when I go in again. I spoke to Jill today and totally forgot to ask.

Take care,

Mary

I wish I could go to the boot camps ! I will be in toronto In two weeks for a fill, maybe they will have something when I am there !

Has anyone had a Tummy Tuck at TLBC ?

I was banded yesterday and they told me three years. The care I got was good. althoughI did feel like I was another number in a way. For all the screwups and misinformation, they gave me supposedly $500 worth of metagenics but honestly it doesnt look like that. There was only two bags. What has everyone else recieved from TLBC?

Congratulations on your banding. How are you feeling?

That must be something new, I was banded a year ago yesterday and I didn't get any "free" stuff, if I want Vitamins or Protein drinks I have to pay for it. So you did pretty good!

Let's face it, we are a bit of a number, but if you have a problem they are great about it. And I hear they are excellent in an emergency. And that's what important. And you can go to lots of boot camps and seminars if you are close enough to be able to take advantage of it.

Welcome to band land!

Mary

unfortunatly i'm 9 hrs away from my clinic.

I am feeling pretty sore today..just below my ribs are some good size brusies and one of my gauze pads is totally full of blood..I dont have anything to replace it with. laying down and getting up is the worst right now. I have decided to not use pain killers only because they prescibed demerol and all that does for me is put me to sleep. hopefully tomorrow is much better for my drive home.

Congrats MAry on your bandiversary!! how you liking it?

What has everyone else recieved from TLBC?

Nothing. :Dancing_sorry:

really? it sounded like they gave everyone supplements and Vitamins

Nope. I got a phone call to check on me, but that is it.

what happened to your port?

somehow the port got flipped on its side and made for difficult fills. Twenty minutes for the doctor to get the fill in and three needles. After a few of those sessions I asked Dr. Yau to fix the problem and he did.

I got a phone call to my hotel, bit that is it. My port has flipped but fills are ok. It does stick out ?

How do they fix it ? are you awake for it ?:cool: