Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After much deliberating I have decided to go with Dr. Spivak and I'm so excited to get the show on the road (sort to speak)!! I am going to his seminar and pre op appt. on Saturday. So for those of you who went to Dr. Spivak I have a few questions:

1. What kind of preop tests did you have to have done?

2. How soon after your preop appt. were you able to schedule your surgery?

3. Was your surgery on an outpatient basis or did you spend the night in the hospital?

4. Where did you have your surgery?

Thanks!!!!

After much deliberating I have decided to go with Dr. Spivak and I'm so excited to get the show on the road (sort to speak)!! I am going to his seminar and pre op appt. on Saturday. So for those of you who went to Dr. Spivak I have a few questions:

1. What kind of preop tests did you have to have done?

2. How soon after your preop appt. were you able to schedule your surgery?

3. Was your surgery on an outpatient basis or did you spend the night in the hospital?

4. Where did you have your surgery?

Thanks!!!!

To start with there are LOTS Of threads on Spivak , in the top right hand corner there is a search bar, Type in "Spivak" and you should get lots of threads, I started to paste them for you but there are lots.

I dont know if you will find all your answers but while you are waiting you can read some info on him.

Good luck

Mindy

I hope your seminar went well today. Dr. Spivak is very highly regarded. If Journeylite did not have such a good offer and I like Dr. Collier, he would have been my next choice. Where in Houston are you?

The seminar went great! I have my surgery scheduled for May 30th!!! That's as long as I get my 2 preop tests done in time!

Sarah I'm in Spring... and what kind of deal did you get at Journeylite??? Just Curious!

Journeylite offers a self pay program for $13,500 right now which includes 1 year followup care with monthly appts with him, access to a licensed nutrionist, counselor, and trainer free. Plus Lifetime fills are FREE at Journeylite.

My sister and mother live off of Louetta, so I am in your area all the time.

What pre-op tests do you have to do?

They want me to do an EKG (I have high blood pressure) and bloodwork for my preop tests. I have to call my PCP tomorrow to see if they can get me in this week!!!

just wondering how everything has gone and if you had your surgery. i was banded by dr. spivak on 5-23-08. he's great and it's been going good so far. keep us posted if you can.....

Had my surgery on Friday (5-30-08) and went back to work today. I'm having a hard time getting my liquids and Proteins in but I guess it gets better everyday!! I'm just anxious to get the first week out of the way!! This healing process sucks!

thanks for the update. wow, you are only 1 week from my banding. well, i don't know if you read on here much, but girl we have got it easy compared to some of these other ppl who go to different doctors. not saying that it's easy what we have to go thru by any means. so when you say you are having a hard time getting your liquids and Proteins in, are you saying holding them down, or getting enough like grams of Protein and ounces of Water?

Yeah I know... some people are having a really tough time!! Aside from some gas and the port site still pretty sore I just don't have any appetite! I have to really force myself to eat or drink! I haven't had any nausea so that's good! I went to work today but probably should have stayed home... I was so tired and just had no energy today! I'm doing better with my Protein and liquid today and I'm sure it will get alittle easier each day. What day did you start to feel really good?? Or have you yet?

i would say within 1 week i was back to my perky self. i tried going back to work within 4 days and worked for about 4 hrs and it really did me in. then the next day i got this TREMENDOUS headache and thought it was a sinus infection, went to family doc and she put me on augmentin, girl, i don't know if you've ever had that antibiotic, but whew------i thought it had something to do with the band, but i got sicker than a dog on that (nausea big time). the next day, still a HORRIBLE headache, so i called dr. spivak. he said maybe i should try a snack inbetween meals in case it was like from blood-sugar imbalance, but i knew it was worse than any headache i had from lack of food. then he said, just for this instance i could take some ibprofren since hydrocodone or reg tylenol wouldn't cut it. so, i did. i took that ibprofren and that headache was gone within 10 mins. so, really, if it wasn't for that headache i don't know if i would have been feeling up to my old self earlier than 1 week, but i was back to a full schedule at work by the next friday (1 week later) and boy did i have some catching up to do! every day there after has gotten better and better.

hey, one question---i took the dressing off the day after surgery, but do you remember what they told you about these sterile strips on the incisions. are we supposed to just wait till they come off by themselves?

That sucks you got sick!!! Glad he let you take something for the headache!! Yeah... we are suppose to let the steri strips come off on their own. I have Friday off work so I just have 2 more days this week to suck it up at work!! And too think I was going to go back yesterday! What was I thinking!!!!!!!

well i guess i was bad cause about day 5 those sterile strips were buggin me, i just got all ancy about getting those itchy things off it was really late at night and they were already coming up on the sides so i took them off 3 of the incisions. i felt horrible about it and it felt like they needed more support or protection, so the next day i went to this medical supply place and got some more and put them back on and just went ahead and replaced the other ones. these are still on and i am really wanting to pull em off..... are yours peeling up on the sides?....let's see it's day 4 for you?.. maybe not.

yeah, i thought that the "no down time" was a little far fetched. but some ppl can just get through things like nothing.

I was banded by Dr. Spivak in August 2006 and I think he is wonderful. I am 6 pounds from goal and love my new life and self.

One suggestion you may not have read elsewhere. Try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury which is a Protein supplement that can be added to cool and lukewarm liquids - juices, shakes, Soup, Jello, etc. You can find it at Unjury.com. I still use it to this day.

I am so glad you all went with Dr. Spivak as his care is the best. Good luck. Robin