Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been overweight my entire life...with the exception of 4 years of popping illegal diet pills...now I am considering getting banded. I have my first dr appointment on May 19. I found this website which I think is great but now I have more questions...any replys are appreciated...

1. What the heck is PB?? That some people talk about

2. Can you still enjoy a cocktail every once and a while?

3. How long did it take you to recover afterwards?

4. Is it worth it?

I have been overweight my entire life...with the exception of 4 years of popping illegal diet pills...now I am considering getting banded. I have my first dr appointment on May 19. I found this website which I think is great but now I have more questions...any replys are appreciated...

4. Is it worth it?

From the information that I have gathered...

1. Productive Burp or something to that effect - I know it means when you burp back up some of your food because you ate too fast or too much. I'm sure someone who has had this happen can clarify a lot better than I can.

2. You can drink but you shouldn't drink carbonated beverages. You can drink non carbonated like wine.

As for questions 3 & 4 I can't answer I haven't gone through my procedure yet. I'm in the process of getting my referral from my doctor. I'm going in at the end of the month. I'm frantically trying to get in early but no such luck. Keep your head up! :lol:

4. Is it worth it?

For number 3... I just had my surgery yesterday and am feeling good enough to mess around on the puter and stuff. I see myself back at work by Tuesday or Wednesday.

For number 4, yes. The surgery wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad as I expected it.

PB: productive burp, projectile burp..... it happens to me a lot because I continue to eat so fast..... it's not really puking.. but say you are chewing a piece of chicken and you swallow it before it is mush....... you fill up quick and it can not go through the band so it comes right back up and out...... (usualy in the same form you swallowed it in) Gross but true...

Yes, I have no problems drinking diet dr pepper and parrot bay....

Carbonation DOES bother some people.... which is why you will read that some people let their soda go flat before drinking it... (I don't seem to have that problem) Beer because of carbonation does give people problems as well.

I had surgery on Thursday and was back to work the following Monday, my boss still has no clue, since I just took two days of PTO.

(I have a desk job)

Is it worth it??????????? HELLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSS!

The band is a great tool.. and it has helped me to lose the weight once again........... but the real trick is that it will help me MAINTAIN it!

2) Yes. Alcohol is not particularly conducive to weight loss, so not wise on a regular basis, but once in awhile is fine. I used to love frozen drinks like dacquiris but drinking something that cold constricts my band, so these days when I have a drink it's usually a glass of wine.

3) Recovery is pretty quick. I was back to work (desk job) in a week. Surgeons vary on their post-op eating requirements. Mine was one week of liquids, two weeks of mushy food like yogurt & mashed potatoes, and then I started back in on solids. I don't remember how long til I was exercising - maybe 2 or 3 weeks?

4) Oh yes! Definitely worth it. I feel tremendously better at this weight than I did prior to banding, and know that I will eventually hit my goal. That's priceless. I'm more than 2.5 yrs out with no regrets.

Good luck with your decision!

In answer to your questions..

PB is sort of like burping up food, that you ate to fast or was to much for your new small pouch to handle. Like regurgitation in a way.

Alcohol is permitted, I do have a drink on occasion, but i prefer to eat my calories rather then drink them.

Is it worth it, i think SO VERY WORTH IT. I dont think i would of stood a chance in hell of losing as much weight as i have doing it on my own. My band has given me a life back.

Margarita frozen- not anymore... for me... but on the rocks is fine.

The frozen ones are soooo cold my band tightens up in like 2 seconds and than I can't even drink.

It has sooo worth it to me.

Message me if you want to know more -from my perspective.

Kimberly