Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Common Problem Foods

Many people find that they can't get enough nutrition in and they feel listless with lack of energy.

My friend took a nutritional drink.

If you want to get the nutrition that you can't ingest this is the best way to energize you and keep energy levels high.

just some infromation that helped her get through some trying times.

www.drinkbazi.biz/withus

I'm with you all the way.. I know some people who can eat anything,, i mostly eat Soup and sick of it.... banned since oct 08 (five fills) hope it gets better than this...

I haven't had a problem with the ones on the list that I've tried - even had a cheese and bacon roll which is basically just a doughy roll with cheese and bacon melted on top so it's not exactly bandster friendly but had that for Breakfast and it was great lol. But in saying that I just my first fill today sooo bye bye yummy foods I guess lol. Oh and if people have a problem with red meat - Try slow cookers and casseroles - just as good.

I can not stomach spicy food at all!!! I can't do the membranes of fruit and some breads. Though for the most part I can eat pretty much anything just in small portions. I can drink when I eat though if I do I end up not being able to eat much but if I do I really just sip my liquid. (strange concept considering I would dirnk 2-3 glasses at any meal) oh and I do notice that my band is tighter in the morning as well.

since surgery a year ago, I still have issues with soft breads, rice, Pasta, and for some weird reason drinking cold milk. I cant eat to much meat. It has to be later in evening. When the band is supposdly relaxed more do to cortisol levels. I dont drink while eating. And I pretty much live on Healthy request Wedding Soup. I make my own to with turkey meat. I have trouble eating any fried foods. The grease makes me so sick!!! So I just dont go there.

I just eat healthy. Soups, salads, fruits.I snack, however, I eat less than my niece who is 3. LOL:smile:

Edited by Heather7

I can eat almost everything on Andy's list.....except for soft bread. But I was Type 2 Diabetic before surgery and pretty much just didn't eat bread if I could avoid it, so that's just not a big change for me. No longer Type 2 Diabetic (YEAH, that's why I did this surgery), but some habits are just ingrained now.

Dry meats can be a problem for a lot of people but in the case of steak, go to a rarer level of cooking and with other meats, experiment with cooking techniques like braising, crock pot, etc. I love just using hot wing sauce as a dipping sauce for chicken and pork. Obviously, spice isn't a problem for me.

It's trial and error. Don't ever think because ther is a list of things that someone (or more than a few someones) have a problem with, that you will also have a problem. This band this requires some experimentation and you can learn what works for you.

I must say I have tried all of these foods and I can eat them all except I choose to stay away from anything greasy or fried. It is all in the person.

Hi,

I'm glad to have found someone who's diabetic just like me. I was banded June 3rd and I got my first fill July 20th. I have to go back for another fill August 17th. He didn't want to put to much saline for the first time (he put 1cc on the 3rd and 1cc on the 20th). I thought having the surgery would eliminate my diabetes but it didn't although I take way less insulin that I use to. I'm type 2 and I take 2 Metformin in the morning plus and average of 3 units of Humalog then at noon around 3 units, for supper 2 Metformin and another 3 units of Humalog and finally 20 units of Levemir before going to bed. I read that if your diabetic for more than 10 years and on insulin, your chance of getting off it is not high. I told that to my Dr. and he said that there's still a chance after losing more weight, I just had to be more patient. How about you? Are you on insulin? Do you know someone like me and got off insulin? I really would appreciate a respond from you or from someone who would give me input on that.

clempier

I can eat all those foods too. We're all different.

Hi to all,

I have to be really carefull with bread and I tried peaches from a can an boys it didn't suit me at all.

I would appreciate any idea for breakfast. For lunches and supper time are fine.

Thank you for any ideas.

clempier:rolleyes:

No I can drink before and during - I think the reason was that they were worried we would get too full with the liquid and not eat food but I can sip Water or tea with my meal no problem.

No the reason for not drinking while eating is because the Fluid will help to push the food through your band faster and that defeats the purpose. you should wait at least 40 minutes after you eat to drink. it is really not that bad once you get used to it. its all comes with the change. if you try to find ways AROUND the lapband then you are defeating yourself and the purpose of the band.

Do you know why last night I could eat anything if I had wanted to - as much as I used to but this morning my Vitamin got stuck?

Yes, because in the mornings you may tend to have some swelling so it is harder to get things down. Not everyone has this problem, but i would suggest getting chewable vitamins. i have always taken chewable Vitamins since the surgery. also i take petite calicum pills to help them to go down better. my suggestion in the mornings is to just drink a Protein Shake instead of trying to eat anything. i hope this helps you!