Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not losing weight

Like any plan, you must account for the bumps in the road and keep you eyes (and mind) focused on the end goal, not on the ground. I have had a few bumps and at first, was almost obsessive compulsive about the scale (among other things). The only thing the scale does is torture us. Our bodies can fluctuate multiple lbs in the same day! I threw out the scale and now go to my brothers house every other week to weigh (and an excuse to see my baby nephew). It has made me relax and over two weeks, you usually do see results. Sometimes I don't, and if it happens twice, its time for a change - be it a fill or something else. I understand your obsession and the best I can say is focus on the long term goal and quit obessing with the details!

I'm glad someone started this conversation. I got my surgery on the 18th. I lost five pounds the first week:thumbup: but now I have notice the scale has stopped moving.:w00t: I know I am only driving myself crazy by weighing everyday but I can't help it maybe I should take my scale out of the bathroom. Out of sight out of mind right?:lol::confused::w00t:

Maybe I should hide the scale from myself? :lol:

Maybe you can take it out and lock it the trunk of your car? Out of sight, out of mind. Start taking notice of how your clothes are fitting better and stick with it, it's going to get better for all of us, day by day, week by week :biggrin2:

don't get discouraged. i took my daughter to be banded in mexicali on 2-8-08. before her 1st fill she lost 9 pounds. i took her for her 1st fill 3-12-08, she has lost a total of 30 pounds since being banded. she is so happy, and i'm happy for her also. keep it up. it will pay off for sure!!!:biggrin2:

I think we all wish to be that lucky one who drops the weight fast. Maybe I too should get rid of the scale or only weigh myself on certain days. But I am happy with what I lost already. I had my first PB today also. GAH. I think I ate to fast. I was running late all day today.

I was banded 4.1.08 and have lost 9.4 lbs. That doesnt seem like very much, although my clothes are getting looser. My first fill is scheduled for 5/8

This is week 2 after my surgery and I did not lose any weight this week!:mad:I'm going to leave the carbs alone!!!!!

I am not losing any weight either. For crying out loud- who wants to count calories? Seriously, if I could win by counting calories, would I be in this predicament? Certainly not.

Lets be patient together, and be faithful with our fills, and make sure we get Protein, and count our victory in a year. Lets look at the big picture. Honestly, I think I still would have done the lap band if it ONLY stopped me from gaining more every year...

Its not a race. Its a countdown. We will all be victorious.

I was under the impression that until we had restriction with fills, not to get discouraged about the weight loss. I lost 7 lbs in the first week or two also, but that's to be expected being on Clear liquids one week and full liquids the next. As soon as I started pureed food, I gained 2 lbs. Now I'm back down those two plus another pound. I won't have my first fill until May 28. I choose the band because of the 1-2 lbs/wk weight loss. Slow and steady does it for me!

Good luck everyone!

You guys are right, I should be looking at the big picture! I lost 5 and agined 2 in a matter of two weeks but just think of how much we could lose with in the year!:thumbup: Can't wait to find out!:thumbup:

HI! I share your surgery day: 4/8. I also stopped losing weight after a 12 pounds. I hit a plateau for 10 days. This morning I was estatic to see that I lost another 4. I was getting a bit impatient. If I am only eating mushies- I thought I shoud be losing.

We gotta hang in there!

We should feel better after our fills. Maybe not the first one, but we might! I seem to stall on the weight loss for about 5 days, but then drop a few. Nothing drastic. But as someone already posted...this is not the time to be losing. This time is for healing. Any weight loss we get out of the first 6 weeks is a bonus! Don't get discouraged!

I am using Sparkpeople.com to track my food and weight. I don't do it every day, but I try to do it as much as possible. It sucks to have to count cals, but I think in the beginning it's good for us to have an idea of what is really going in!! LOL

~C

I was banded 4/25...I'm just happy to be eating a lot less and feeling FULL. Seriously, the weight loss isn't my biggest priority; it's my bonus!

Thanks, everyone, for this thread...I was doing soo good...and then, I stopped losing, even though I was comsuming max 800 calories a day, and often less - focusing on Protein and walking - and not really feeling very hungry. All of the sudden 4 days ago - I got HUNGRY! I thought maybe I wasn't eating enough. So now I've eaten from 1200 - 1500 cals a day just to not feel hungry constantly! And gained 2 pounds! So, I'm freaking out, just like some of you, until I read this thread....

And you wise people are all saying - it's OK! This is normal and doesn't mean this band isn't going to work for me. :-) Thank you. I feel somewhat better now.

My first fill is 5/9, and it's can't come soon enough.

It's so easy to get frustrated because we want the pounds to melt away....and since we're being 'so good' it's hard to understand why it doesn't!

The scale is moving again yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hae lost 11 pounds in 30 days!!!!!!!!