Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Postop Update. I had my surgery at 7am this morning. It took 45 minutes because Dr Kramer is getting certified with the REALIZE band by Dr. Ponce from Erlanger in Chattanooga, TN. I spend two hours in recovery and was ready to go home by 12:30pm...but they wanted to give me a second dose of antibiotic (Ancef) eight hours after the preop at 6:30...Luckily I talked them into giving it to me at 2:30pm and left at 3pm!

Pain..not that bad. Like most folks have said...just sore. My throat my head bothered me more from the anesthesia than anything. They must have catherized me during the procedure because it stung at bit when I went to the bathroom the first couple of times. Resting at home with a little Lortab elixir. I have heeded a lot of the GREAT advice on this board and sipped some warm tea for my throat and to avoid spasms and walked out in my yard about every hour. I have a little pain between my shoulderblades, but I'm not sure if it's gas pains or simply pain from laying most of the day.

CathyChatts...Where are you? She was right after me this morning! I got mine first...:thumbup:. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for all of the great advice and support from you guys on this site. And a BIG THANK YOU for your prayers. I'll do my part!:tongue2:

Good Luck to our Monday the 9th Jazzy Junes! I'll be praying for you guys! :tongue2:

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, 1000words, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99

Hey Erv congrats on having what seems to be a great surgery day. I'm glad you are home and resting and glad it is over for you. Now you are starting a new life and a healthier life. I am getting banded on the 17th hopefully if they can get thru all my scar tissue. Hope you get some good rest and again congratulations:thumbup:

I don't know if I'm too late to have my name added to the list. But I am having my surgery on June 10th. I just logged on to this registered to this site today and I love the support that is gathered there. I'm repping for the June Bandsters and wishing everyone luck on their pending surgery and the ones resting at home. You all will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Can you add me to this please...

June 16th

Thanks

Amanda :smile2:

:party:Jazzy Junes! count 206

* New members as of today in green

I will update the list over the weekend! No Surgery on Saturday or Sunday!

Surgery today for me and my day buddies!

:( 6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv

:Dancing_wub:9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, 1000words, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99

:thumbup: 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Anglesphere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish

:thumbup: 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy

:thumbup: 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever

:thumbup:13

BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, Greatlyblessed, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, Mink, JTRMom

:thumbup: 16

babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76

:thumbup: 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929

:thumbup: 18

KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I

:thumbup: 19

BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ

:thumbup: 20

Rhondawood63

:thumbup:23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis

:thumbup: 24

Snuffy65, trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith

:thumbup: 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, makie

:thumbup: 26 Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy

:thumbup:27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab

:thumbup: 28

KPA88

:thumbup: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, kdlee

TOTAL 206 (WOW) :(

Home on the couch :couch2: and BANDED!:party:

I will only give you 2 days on the couch! LOL

welldone.gif2

Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616

welldone.gif 3

Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson

:couch2: 4

Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67

:couch2: 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin, mekadig

TeacherofK, I'll keep you in my prayers that all goes well with your scar tissue!

Realsista85 and AJpink, CathyChatts will be on here soon to add you to the Jazzy Junes..WELCOME! Cathy was banded just yesterday and hopefully will be on later today to let us know how she is doing. Congrats on your upcoming banding! :(

Banded yesterday, surgery was backed up had a little wait, actual banding start to finish 59 min. :(

Had a little trouble coming out of it. refused to wake up, had to have oxygen, So I spend the night. But I am home now and feeling great. A little sore, but nothing that is extreme.

I have the same between the shoulds ache, but I figured it was from lying in bed too long. I am walking well.

My prayers are with everyone, excited to be band, ready to change my life.

:couch2:Jazzy Junes! Count 212

* New members as of today in green

Ok! Everything is ready in OR for the people on the 9th!

:thumbup:There is an "IV cocktail" waiting the recovery ROOM on me! :( lol

Good Luck and you are in our PRAYERS!

:Dancing_wub:9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, 1000words, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV (glad you found us before your surgery Welcome!)

:thumbup: 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Anglesphere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85(never too late to find a new June bug:wink2:)

:thumbup: 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy

:thumbup: 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever

:thumbup:13

BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, Greatlyblessed, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, Mink, JTRMom

:thumbup: 16

babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink

:thumbup: 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929

:thumbup: 18

KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I

:thumbup: 19

BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ

:thumbup: 20

Rhondawood63, alliemorris73 (glad you joined rhondawoods, she was lonely)

:thumbup:23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis

:thumbup: 24

Snuffy65, trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith

:thumbup: 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, makie, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie

:thumbup: 26 Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy

:thumbup:27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab

:thumbup: 28

KPA88

:thumbup: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, kdlee

TOTAL 212(WOW) :(

Home on the couch :smile2: and BANDED!:party:

I will only give you 2 days on the couch! LOL

welldone.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616

welldone.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson

welldone.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67

:couch2: 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin, mekadig

:couch2: 6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv

Edited by cathychatts
adding a june bug

Yep Erv! :thumbup: I did have my swallow :thumbup: test about that time! My surgery was delayed by an hour, was that your fault? :(

So glad you are doing well! :thumbup: I am too! I had a bit of a restless :thumbup: night, up about every 2 hours to potty.

The Lortab isn't agreeing with me too well. :thumbup: It makes me feel a little sick at my stomach. I have problems with things like that. So I will use liquid Tylenol today. :coo3l:

I also have a pain between my shoulder blades (the abdominal gas). :( They say it is best to just walk that off!

I have a lingering headache and I suppose that is from hunger and the anasthesia.

I do still feel very weak and tired and will most likely sleep most of the day today. :thumbup:

To my day "mates":grouphug:

Kristybandy, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv -- I am so glad you are all checking in! I know you are as glad AS I am to have this behind us!

To all the newbies! :thumbup: You have found the BEST support group around!

Stick with us, :wink:cry on our shoulders, :Dancing_wub: rant and rave, :thumbup: jump for joy and most of all praise the Lord and :thumbup: Pray with us for this wonderful "New Beginning"

We will succeed! :thumbup:

Edited by cathychatts
fix the errors of drugs! LOL

Cathy, I'm so glad to hear things went well!! Congrats to everyone who has already been banded and good luck to those who are coming up this week. I'll be praying for comfort and healing for those who have already been banded and for those who are coming up to have little anxiety leading up to their surgery and a quick, completely complication free surgery once your day gets here!! I'm on day 5 of pre-op and it's getting easier...I've lost almost 12 pounds in 4 days!! Where has this diet been my whole life?!?!?! :( :( :Dancing_wub: Only 10 more days for me...I'm getting excited :thumbup:

Iteachurkid- what diet are you using?? I think we would all love to know!

I'm drinking carnation instant breakfast-sugar free and Slim Fast high Protein. I alternate between them for Breakfast and lunch. I get a small piece of fruit with lunch (I eat apple slices). Then for dinner I get two slices of whole wheat lite bread (I'm using weight watchers bread) and four onces of deli meat for dinner. I also drink 8 ounces of V8 juice. I can have not starchy veggies whenever I want, but am only having them when I really get hungry (I had green Beans at 11:30 Thursday night :(). I'm amazed at the weight I've lost. They did say that we would probably lose between 10 and 30 pounds in the 2 week period. I'd love to lose 30...what a start :(

I am having Band envy reading all these posts from you banded Jazzy Junes! I want my Band! Still praying for U all.

Welcome to all you new Jazzy Junes! We are having a blast!

Cathychats how does it feel to only have 2 days on the (virtual)couch!? LOL I am lazy and will need to be there for at least a week! :thumbup: Hope everyone is recovering quickly.

Now guys, I have a rather um, personal question to ask of those of you who are now recovering...if any of you are willing to share... are the toilet tongs necessary or not? :( The thought of NEEDING them and not having them is kind of stressing me. :thumbup: I know, I know, WHAT a thing to worry about! :( Butt, you know! :Dancing_wub: