Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, this is one of the first times I have felt like writing. Seems like everyone is doing quite well :lol:

I had my surgery on the 26th. I had a lot more done than "just" a lapband. I also had a ventral hernia repaired...I gather this is fairly common..if your surgeon notices a hernia while in there he will repair it, normally. I actually went in to have the procedure (hernia repair) done at the same time as the band.

My surgeon waned me the hernia repair was going to be a LOT harder on me than the band..and he was right :smile2: I was in surgery for over 4 hours. Evidently, what he thought was an incarcerated hernia was actually a hernia I had repaired 4 years ago (pretty much to the day) the mesh they had used in the repair got all balled up and formed a lump. It took him hours to get all the mesh out and redo the repair. He told me he did not do a really proffesional job on the repair, as he expects it will need to be redone in a year or so after I lose all my weight (I have a large pannus, and will definetly need a TT) He also used a biologcal mesh...I guess this is made out of human tissue, and will incorporate itself into your insides.

I am feeling NO restriction as of yet...all I am feeling is pain. The incision pain is about what I expected (not all that bad). My biggest problem is I keep having "waves" of pain that kind of go from a central point under my breasts, spreads out and gets worse (sometiimes it goes all the way around to my back) It only lasts 15-20 seconds at a time, but I can't even breathe while it is happenng. It is really agonizing.

I called my surgeon to tell him I still had a lot of gas pain, he told me what I am feeling is not gas...that if I have been taking GasX all this time and still feeling this way, it's not gas. He told me it is my band causing the pain...he said it is just trying to seat itself. I can't beleive this pain is normal. I am concerned I am rejecting the band or something. I just don't know what to do.

KayleighsMommy hi. I experienced that same wave like pain. It went away 6 days post op. I just assumed it was gas as well. Hang in there!

I feel you girls. I am having so much more pain than I did yesterday. I can't get much liquids down because the bloat get worse.

I can hardly get comfortable to sleep. I sure can't wait for this pain to be gone. Never realized how much you use those abdominals til you can't, LOL!!!! I have such a hard time getting up out of bed or a chair.

Anyway, I pray we all recovery without problems and quickly.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Im back!!!!! I made it!!! 7 days out and im a little hungry Protein Shakes arent really cutting it,any suggestions? my surgeon has me on a 3 week Clear Liquids only diet! UGH! lol

Hello, I was banded june 26th 6 days out

Anyway all went well with my surgery 45 mins just like they said but man the gas sucks bad that was the worst part for me.

But now 6 days out it's much better.

I'm still sore mostly under my left boob not so much the port site .

Oh yea and I've lost 8#s Yea!!!

Take care and congrats to all of us.:thumbup:

Edited by mns-ortiz
mistake

Hi all!

I was banded on Monday, June 30th. 2 days out and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm sore, but nothing I can't handle. I haven't even taken any pain meds today. Yesterday I took Tylenol and only took some Hydrocodone at night to help me sleep. I get up every hour or so and walk around. Walking around really does seem to help a lot. They also said that walking is what's going to help for gas pains.

My only complaint? I'm tired of broth! I'm drinking Water, K2O Protein Water, popsicles, eating jell-o. I'm dreaming of creamier Soups for next week. There is so much more variety with those!

Hope you're all doing well!!!!!

THREE weeks?!?!?! Yikes.

yup 3 weeks i dont think i can make it! i feel dizzy and my stomach is constantly growling

Wow....not sure I could do that. I am Starving. I can start mushies tomorrow, and I can't wait. I actually started with sugar/fat free pudding last night. It did not fill me up...but it was wonderful. I'm thinking of some cream of chicken Soup tomorrow (as if the only thing I ate for 3 days preop was not chicken bouillon) Before my surgery I went to a preop class with my friend (who is having bypass) and they recommended pureed Wendys chili. I am just wondering if that would be too heavy for me??

:ohmy:Jazzy Junes! :thumbup:TOTAL 307 (WOW)

All the June Bugs are Banded!:thumbup: The list has completely flipped!

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink, Wiskeypie

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36, bluefish62

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

Banane27.gif23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

Banane10.gif 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

Banane43.gif 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui

Banane21.gif 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b, SkinnieMinnie

Banane30.gif27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot

:lol: 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily

Edited by cathychatts

Congratulations to all you Baby Bandsters! I am so glad everyone is doing well! There is a new thread called Daily news that some of us are posting on so we don't have to go from thread to thread! We won't quit this one, cause I know some more new Jazzy Junes will join us! Hope you are all doing well! I had my first fill today!:lol:

I just read through the past five pages and wow I can't believe that 305 other people changed their lives this month. I am so proud and excited for everyone as I am myself.

I have had a good week, moving to full liquids tomorrow. Have my post op appointment and am looking foward to seeing how much I have lost. My incisions are healing nicely and expect for discomfort where the port is I feel great. I am having the hardest time getting comfortable at night. :o . I am also able to drink more than I thought. I just had some creamier Soup than I have been and there is some discomfort in the chest.

BEST NEWS OF ALL...I left the hospital last week without my blood pressure medication, today I had it checked and it was great and tomorrow and am hoping to hea that I can continue not taking it!!!!!!!

ALSO My finance is going in tomorrow morning for his band. We have to be there at the ass crack of dawn and since it takes me an hour or so to fall asleep and it is already 11 and many of you are wondering when she is going to stop gabbing I will say Good Night and Happy Start to a wonderful and healthy new life!!!!!

Well, this is one of the first times I have felt like writing. Seems like everyone is doing quite well :Banane30:

I had my surgery on the 26th. I had a lot more done than "just" a lapband. I also had a ventral hernia repaired...I gather this is fairly common..if your surgeon notices a hernia while in there he will repair it, normally. I actually went in to have the procedure (hernia repair) done at the same time as the band.

My surgeon waned me the hernia repair was going to be a LOT harder on me than the band..and he was right :o I was in surgery for over 4 hours. Evidently, what he thought was an incarcerated hernia was actually a hernia I had repaired 4 years ago (pretty much to the day) the mesh they had used in the repair got all balled up and formed a lump. It took him hours to get all the mesh out and redo the repair. He told me he did not do a really proffesional job on the repair, as he expects it will need to be redone in a year or so after I lose all my weight (I have a large pannus, and will definetly need a TT) He also used a biologcal mesh...I guess this is made out of human tissue, and will incorporate itself into your insides.

I am feeling NO restriction as of yet...all I am feeling is pain. The incision pain is about what I expected (not all that bad). My biggest problem is I keep having "waves" of pain that kind of go from a central point under my breasts, spreads out and gets worse (sometiimes it goes all the way around to my back) It only lasts 15-20 seconds at a time, but I can't even breathe while it is happenng. It is really agonizing.

I called my surgeon to tell him I still had a lot of gas pain, he told me what I am feeling is not gas...that if I have been taking GasX all this time and still feeling this way, it's not gas. He told me it is my band causing the pain...he said it is just trying to seat itself. I can't beleive this pain is normal. I am concerned I am rejecting the band or something. I just don't know what to do.

Doesn't your surgeon want to see you immediately? This doesn't sound normal. If nothing else, you need better pain killers. Many of us had hernia repairs, but it sounds like you really had complications. Please call your surgeon back and get in there. I've never heard of the band having to "seat" itself. Mine has a piece of the stomach sutured over it so it won't slip. Your band should be "seated." You are in my prayers.

:oJazzy Junes! :Banane30:TOTAL 307 (WOW)

All the June Bugs are Banded!:biggrin: The list has completely flipped!

bananalama.gif2 Deb, Realme, LeighDee, BIG T, Mandi Jo, Kitcatnap, Jajeanne, BanTam, Utahgirl, Strikeuptheband, katkeen, kellystidham, wrestlersmom, kristin1975, pjanesville@cha, jbrod2616, allyfran, Banded2gether, HF2008, No~More~Waddy

Banane21.gif3 Huggie Bear, elvisfan, nicolerose, YoungNY, leepizz, Nuali, photobuf, Marlinda, STAN77, mrsjackson, amethystjade, vkcse03, MamaWalla, Zaxtana, shaki

Banane43.gif 4 Sellie, jills_adopting, ebinsc, Hunzi, jlck98, Alleyoppvolley, Anewkim, Snappymonkey18, Terrier Mom, Snakerivermusic, SanDiegoPhotog, marinemom, nikon harry, Insky67, ryansgirl

Banane10.gif 5 Irish Ladybug, Cadets 71, LMarie_MD2b, jkpenny376, Imagoofball, Lady Zique, mekadig, MsScorpio67, Long2bThin,Wandafromsc, rbparker, ttbikergirl, aimerus, summer08, Ms. CohCoh, JustPhyl, Sirus

Banane27.gif6 Kristybandy, Cathychatts, eagerbandim, mamamarie, luigismama, pitter, Peacedove, Shorty184, WVaCat, jessbychurch, erv, TXEG, livn4jesus, addy, HAPPYBUNNIE, bandedbyrd, wobin, sailingirl,TXEG

Banane30.gif9

Bando, gardengrl, flirtyangel, vzghj3, Hayley, CarrieC, CarrieD, Hayley, Katies, pubrownsugar, justbob, ladybuy 238, LeslieR941906, beckyltriplett, pmvb11, rxdspncr, RAMES767, BubbleLove, Tazmin99, LisaV, TheYear Of Me, SassyV, SexxxxyAintI, Lizzard, badgirlink, Wiskeypie

Banane43.gif 10

Jules, Shaxmom, rearea1222, To Be Free, twinmommie, Angelshere, acadang, bandme08, Olive424, nancyb2003, Jillian68, micountryfarm aka stacey , kjillcarr, Barbarosa, allana, JeffR, Dino, Smantha39, nannypants and friend, Trishadish, RealSista85, justforme, cfuture88, Yaya24, LeslieR041906, Shanda, Cheri665, acadang

Banane27.gif 11

triser72, Mowree, aalves, jdrocks226, larakathyleen, Detroitdame75, PRCowboy, hopefulmom25, hippiechick, jeremiahsmommy, debbiefitz, lilnora2, Amisha

Banane21.gif 12

cris3, Angelyco, WannaDance,Susanm, MissWilde, Jewellj1, gina s, Dee 79, Ebeth0013, sks613, CPSimonton, DONNA ALT, sassylily, hoping, goodexample, cpforever, ghannouge, COPPERL, miladyscribe,

Banane10.gif13 BATassbandita, elvisfan1219, KatW, cramadan, amyz, greythope, cantwait2bfree, ch4life, Bobbirs, lanaholuby, jlg, fntasa98, Camel Cracker, MINK, JTRMom, SofiaBell, bigrick, mariliz, HildaM

bananalama.gif16 babbs 3772, Phoenix, kdaniels11604, md4pa76, ajpink, mimieg, cjb, NavywifeJenn, Divamom, babygyrl36, bluefish62

Banane21.gif 17

TX Diva, Apples2, KerryConnor, Shome, iteachurkid, steveamy0503, Kim929, teacherofk

Banane43.gif 18 KathyStrick, JamesRN, kRiStI wItH a I,Rhondawood63, Kizzie, bochs, Snailog

Banane27.gif 19 BigJedda, larinshine, ImGonnaLose, DIZ , Sara7venus, lapbandkenner08, RedPem1

Banane30.gif 20

alliemorris73 , CTGhostHunter, lolipopkd2, Sassy Lady

Banane27.gif23

Little Debbie, Mariamomof2, brubear, Yesindeed, sweetrepose, RAINWI, claireycurtis, Greatlyblessed, Snuffy65 ,Kkarryall, jaja2, Snads08

Banane10.gif 24

trtobiassen, Music Mom, theuse2000, ISmith, MRAMEY, bkladypm ,BumbleBree thuges113, ginad

Banane43.gif 25

Tennessee Mom, dj bryan, Hollins2003, Sunflower00, rjtrimmer, brown bear, SkinnyMinnie, Waikiki, Kiki220, teford, teetee91477, krissyjeanm, Becqui

Banane21.gif 26

Suzyt, monicasf, MsChris72, frenchvanilla, Mns-ortiz, KayleighsMommy, MsMia2u, slinderella2b, SkinnieMinnie

Banane30.gif27

TexGal, nellie ray, Kalaipahoa, Susie70, kpa88, Armywife4life, lillygirl, onnie67, cherieinnv, Gab, Annabell1, NewHere37, tootwohot

Banane10.gif 30

maguirre67, Tai68, MS.MAURA NY, Brian, daniml, afisher4band, Smarquezrn, erinbefore, Mamalovell, Kayleighsmommy, Brian, Kdlee, ann71, LilyLily

I think when the doc says the band needs to seat itself he just means the healing process. I have heard those words used that way. Your pain sounds bad but hopefully it is not too serious - let us know what happens. I had sharp pains all last evening (1 week post op) that came and went and I could not take much of a breath when it hurt. Glad that has passed - have no idea what it was but assume it is normal.