Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which celebrity do YOU think needs the Lap Band?

...also, I want to make it very clear I was in NO WAY acting like a kid standing around talking about other people to make myself feel better. I make myself feel better by losing this fat around my body, and by getting my big but up and working out for hours a day. Sitting around and talking about others doesn't do this.

Yes, I did say Oprah had a jacket on that she should not have been wearing. So? I'm into fashion, and when I make a comment about what a celebrity is wearing in the public eye, it has nothing to do with how I feel about myself. At all. I find it no different than when a fashion analyst comments on what a celebrity is wearing at awards shows or out on the town. Besides, it caught me off guard because I usually always like the way Oprah is dressed.

I typically dress the part... So please do not assume that is what I'm about, because this is just a message board. There's no way to tell what one is really thinking or feeling or what this person or that person is like in real life. It's also hard to express oneself with only black and white. No facial expressions or word tones, etc.

If some of you feel I was doing it that way, then so be it. I'm not here to make everyone feel happy, but I'll try to help people when I can.

Ok, I'm done with this thread. I really don't like to get confrontational at all. It's not something I strive to do.

Take care all.

I assume you are refering to me, you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure who called you a kid.......I sure didn't. I simply stated how I thought the thread came across and I never said anything about kids. Not sure where that came from?

The only person I called out was the OP, mainly because I question their intentions about starting this thread. Some of the celebrities that were named were barely overweight, that's where my comments were directed. When someone says Britney Spears need a lap band, I can only assume they are just picking at her because she has gained a little weight. I admit, she's not my favorite celeb, but saying she NEEDS a lap band is just crazy.

Sorry you took my comments so personally, but they weren't directed at YOU.

I just found out that Kirstie Alley is planning to start her own line of weight loss centers. Because when you think of successful dieters, you think of people like Kirstie Alley. :smile2:

that made me :biggrin:

This is a conversation I would have with my friends. A small speculation into who in hollywood is stuggeling with there weight. How do you think so and so stays so skinny after having so many kids? How did she lose so much weight, and the ever popular what is she doing to get that thin? I don't think there are too many people that posted an answer to the question or posted it for that matter, ment for anyone to take offence or take it that seriously for that matter. I don't really think the conversation attack is that nessacary. If you don't want to involve in the disscustion cause it's not the type of person you are then don't. Its your descion to read it and then to comment which really just draws more attention to the thread.

Doesn't really make that much sense to me.

I totally agree! A silly just for fun question turns into such a big debate!

by the way, I wish Luther Vandross had had WLS, maybe he would still be around!:smile2:

Just a thought but have you noticed that more famous male celebs seem to die from obesity related illnesses than women, maybe it's because they're allowed to be celebs and still be obese. Did I start something, I don't know but if I did it's okay because I know a lot of us are bored.

You mentioned Luther Van..., he was a yo yo dieter, from what I remember, and looked kind of scary really thin to me, I preferred him heavier. There are many others but it just seems to me that there are more males.

Just a thought but have you noticed that more famous male celebs seem to die from obesity related illnesses than women, maybe it's because they're allowed to be celebs and still be obese. Did I start something, I don't know but if I did it's okay because I know a lot of us are bored.

You mentioned Luther Van..., he was a yo yo dieter, from what I remember, and looked kind of scary really thin to me, I preferred him heavier. There are many others but it just seems to me that there are more males.

Luther was a yo yo dieter, and I think that contributed to his death. With his sweet voice, he was always just right for me...

I thought of another celebrity that needs the Lap Band - Al Roker and the black guy from American Idol.

Britney Spears might benefit from it, too, because her wight is going up consistantly.

Wow you just like throwing out those insults left and right, don't ya?

Oh yeah, Kirstey Alley with a weight loss centre. What's next? The Lindsay Lohan Alcohol treatment centre? The Britney Spears Mental Health Centre? The Mary Kate Olsen Fashion Advice Service?

LOL!!! That's great!!!!!

&& sorry I thought you guy's ment the adolecent thing. :biggrin:

I'm a ditz. :smile2:

Oprah wouldn't do it, she's afraid of surgery or something. Did you see where she got her ears pierced, it was major trauma for her. I think she's just afraid of pain/surgery etc.. If I had her money, I just have the fat sucked out every time it came back!

Ready,

I meant if "I" had Oprah's money I would have all the fat sucked out because I could buy my surgeon but she wouldn't do it. My little sister, younger, shorter, decided after her "divorce" that she would have a Tummy Tuck and in the process got Lipo and the weird thing is that they cut out a new hole for your belly button but you can still see where her old one was....it kind of creeps me out. I know it's probably hard to picture and maybe you don't want to picture it but it's true. Nancy. I miss the old thread with the bathing suits.............................Are they going to close this tread too????????????????????sad face

Nah, we are not going to close this thread. You can talk about the suits here, or start a new one. I am looking at getting one of those miraclesuits.

Susan,

I like that website too where they had the full size women wearing the suits. I still don't look as good as they do yet so I'll save the miracle suit for next summer hopefully. I'm assuming they're good because they'd hold in extra skin etc... I'm an Upstate, up up up state New Yorker so you never know we could still have snow in May! I miss going down to Florida to take care of my dad when he was ill and fell in love with it, he was near Tampa. I remember flying through Chicago to get to Florida, one of those airline hub situations, anyway it was winter the people working the luggage carts outside looked so miserable and then you fly into Tampa and everyone is happy and in shorts! brandyII

I am definitely going to get a miracle suit when I get closer to goal, especially if they work like they claim to. I'll use all the help I can get, lol!