Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which celebrity do YOU think needs the Lap Band?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yet I still love to watch Rock of Love. It fascinates me.

I can't get into Rock of Love. Lets put a bunch of girls in a house and have them fight over an aging rockstar (albeit I do like Brett Michaels - huge Poison fan). Then lets watch him make out with each of them. Although I can stomach Rock of Love better than Flavor of Love. At least Brett is still halfway good looking. He needs to not wear the Bandannas all the time!

I think the fighting is what I like, because it makes no sense, or no excuses for being...well....bad reality tv. I really enjoy it. I guess cause I'm so reserved usually its like watching people the complete opposite of me in everyway.

I saw and interview with Bret Michaels. First they asked him if it was all his hair and he said some of it, the rest is europes finest extensions. 2nd that he wanted to not wear the bandana all the time but the producers said he had to, it was his trade mark.

Either way, your right it's really really bad. It's my secret sin. :-) WEll not so secret.

I love America's Next Top Model! I think I've seen every episode, lol. What do you think of Whitney? I think she's gorgeous and doing quite well in the competition.

I've been rooting for her since the beginning. She has had to put up with a lot of daggers, but that's usually because the other girls get threatened.

But, yeah, I do like her! :biggrin2:

Oh I feel that! All that yelling and screaming and fits. And after all the crap he started on the celebrity fit club now he is on celebrity boot camp? Reality TV confuses me.

Yet I still love to watch Rock of Love. It fascinates me.

My roommate watches Next top model religiously. We like to do Tyra impressions at each other.

Yeah, Tyra is so funny when she does her booty shake dance, esp. with j. alexander (who I also love!) :unsure:

I only brought up the Dove campaign because I thought that it was a wonderful depiction of healthy! I think what's important to remember is that there are so many variables. Spouting out sizes like 16 vs. 2 (US) is like spouting out weight. It's ridiculous unless you have all the facts. How tall, body fat %, BMI, health risk factors, etc. They are all just numbers. I think we get too obsessed with the numbers.

We watch our scales religiously, every day, hoping for the mark to change. We analyze our bodies in the mirror. We judge ourselves everytime we get dressed. It just goes on and on. It really is possible to be healthy and overweight. It may not be IDEAL, but it can be done.

There are people out there that are just plain tiny. Little tiny people that have small bones, small frames and don't weigh much. Some can only stomach a yogurt and a granola bar as that's all they can hold. Others can out eat any one of us at a buffet!! LOL They don't necessarily try to be that small, they just are. And guess what? Their weight doesn't make them exempt from health issues. They have high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer and a whole slew of other health problems.

I realize that for the majority of us that are struggling with our weight, it's because we crossed the line. Doctor's don't usually refer overweight people to Bariatric surgeons. They refer morbidly obese patients. They refer people who already have or are on their way to developing a disease process that may shorten their lives, or affect the quality of it. Or both. Doctor's will suggest to the overweight person that they should exercise regularly, reduce calories and try to lose some weight, but as long as they are "healthy", they don't continue to pick on them. It's about health, not looks.

Yes, we (the morbidly obese ones) should strive to lose weight, reduce our disease risk and exercise to strengthen our cardiovascular systems. We are at a higher risk for diseases of all kinds. WLS is considered a life saving operation by most insurances...they wouldn't pay for it they didn't see a benefit. It will mean less bills/claims in the long run. (I realize that not all insurances pay for it). But this is not a guarantee that we have somehow beaten the system. How about the man who runs miles and miles for years and years and drops dead of a heart attack on the trail? The young football player who does the same? These are "healthy" looking people who take action to stay in shape, but it didn't necessarily keep them living longer.

Outward appearances aren't everything. No one should understand this more than us. I don't want to be judged anymore. I'm tired of being the 'elephant in the room'. Of course I want to look HOT and look sexy. But I don't think I have to be a certain number to achieve that.

Healthy comes in lots of shapes and sizes!

~C

I agree Turler.

On a completely unrelated subject

So I saw Queen Latifah from the early 90's today. Guess who was one of her back up dancers waaay in the background? Jennifer Lopez. That was weird.

I agree Turler.

On a completely unrelated subject

So I saw Queen Latifah from the early 90's today. Guess who was one of her back up dancers waaay in the background? Jennifer Lopez. That was weird.

...and I just had one of those a-ha moments when you said that. The show you asked about earlier is "Living Single". The show also had Kim Fields and another full figured lady who did some modelling for LB's.

...and I just had one of those a-ha moments when you said that. The show you asked about earlier is "Living Single". The show also had Kim Fields and another full figured lady who did some modelling for LB's.

OH CRAP

How could I forget that?

*clears throught*

We are living

SINGLE

In a 90's type of world I'm glad I got my girlfriends

How did you like my karoke? hehe

OH CRAP

How could I forget that?

*clears throught*

We are living

SINGLE

In a 90's type of world I'm glad I got my girlfriends

How did you like my karoke? hehe

:thumbup::lol::biggrin::lol:

Who knew you were a songbird!

Well said Turler, you've made my point exactly without offending half the board in the process.

Some people are just tiny, becuase they are. For the record, I am NOT one of them, although that is probably framed by my own surroundings, in Australia to see someone 350 or 400lb would be pretty darn unusual.

I just think if you want understanding, empathy and to forever be rid of people judging you on your appearance, then you cant turn around and treat someone who's naturally tiny, petite or thin the same way, which is what comes out a LOT here, whether you intend it or not, its a very prominent tone in what's written.

My point of arguing is not to cause a fight or poke a bit of fun, its to try to get people to question their attitude - I really think its a detrimental one that stands in the way of losing weight. Its like people draw a line in the sand and below a certain size, you become not valid anymore, or you must be indulging in unhealthy practices to support it. Now of course that will be met with howls of indignation, but if even one person can manage to really observe their thought patterns, perhaps it will be helpful.

:lol::lol::):lol:

Who knew you were a songbird!

I really do like to go sing karoke in real life, but I haven't been for a while because my Dr. said especially for the first year I should stay away from alcohol. Doesn't want me trading one unhealthy addiction for another. So I am working on becoming addicted to exercise. I actually enjoy it, I always have- but I enjoy a lot of things I don't do everyday. I am trying to incorporate new habits.

But since I don't get Karoke fixs, and I can't remember whole songs at a time without the words I run around the house singing commercial jingles and theme songs at the top of my lungs. I think my partner might hate me a little bit. :smile::rolleyes2:

My favorite is the "scrubs" theme song. Anybody watch that show? I freaking love it.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
had to fix karoke. That is the hardest word to spell ever. Well maybe not.

On a somewhat related note (a few posts back) I am a closet "Rock of Love" addict. What is strange to me is that I've found myself liking Brett Michaels a whole lot more since he's done the show. Oh, I know a lot is probably scripted, but for some reason (maybe it's that he's been so forthcoming about, say, his hair extensions) his being on the show has humanized him a lot more. I used to think he was a jackass, but now....I guess I'd down a few with him.

I liked the first season of ROL better. Nobody topped Lacy. That was a girl I loved to hate. I don't think they could find someone else that crazy. She kinda scared me.

I like Bret Michaels a lot better when he admitted he had extensions. I actually thought he was bald on top because of that bandana, but he has to have some hair to stick the extensions too.

I can't watch flavor of love however, I tried I just couldn't get into it. I really can't stand Flaver Flav. (Is that how you spell it)

My favorite is the "scrubs" theme song. Anybody watch that show? I freaking love it.

Ooooh, that superman song?

Hah, I don't watch it but my brother does.

=)