Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which celebrity do YOU think needs the Lap Band?

DD's pug, Potter, does not yip....he is a quiet, well behaved young guy--------but when he gets excited, he is impossible to hold, he wiggles in 20 directions at once, and snorts----sending dog spittle and likely snottle too--everywhere.....he is hilarious!!!!

I really like him.

My son has a French Bulldog----huge pup. I always wanted one----but after interacting with the 2, and the size issue, with me getting older (!) I think I am leaning to the little pug. I would never have expected that of myself either.

Right now we have none, but we take lots of little trips in the summer, so we have declined having one.....but one of these days!!!!

Kat

Yeah...traveling can be inconvenient with pets. I just love mine to death, but my big dog always has to stay home. Lily is portable, she fits in my tote bag!! LOL Still though, it's much harder to have that freedom. Once our pets are 'gone', we would like to be pet free for a while. We'd like to travel more and between the kids and pets, it's an ordeal. We are almost out of kids, but the pets aren't going anywhere anytime soon!

My mom just got a French Bulldog and absolutely loves her! She said she's a wonderful pet, and not yippy.

~C

We travel by motorcycle----so even a small dog is not something I would consider doing---although I have seen many who do ride at the rallies!!!

Kat

I prefer cats. My tenant has cats and turtles, we have cats, and whenever she is away we look after her lot and vice versa. Cats are low maintenance compared to dogs and yet they can still be very loving. They don't smell and you don't have to wash 'em. They also dress up the place; get enough of them and it looks like you have a nice collection of fur throws draped over your furniture while they are sleeping. And they give you the comfort of sharing your bed when you are sick or feeling down. Cats is where it is at for the lazy pet owner.

Yep...got 3 of 'em!! I love my cats. They are so funny and loving. Two of mine are always with me. If I sit, they sit/lay on me, follow me around, talk to me. It's awesome. They make you feel so special.

Oh, and I have a kitty litter box that scoops itself. Now THAT is lazy!! LOL

~C

Oh, and I have a kitty litter box that scoops itself. Now THAT is lazy!! LOL

~C

Ooh, I want me one of those. Right now I have a husband who does it but I have to nag him first.

It's the best. Was one of the smarter purchases we've ever made. It sounds ridiculous, but I'm telling you, the cats prefer it over the 'normal' ones (we keep several in the house), and it doesn't stink. You empty it when the container gets full (that's the worst part). My DH was pissed when I bought it, but now loves it! I'd like to get 2 more and just do away with the regular ones altogether.

I heart my kitties and my puppies. All this talk about them makes me wanna kiss em and squeeze em! LOL

So I've got Lily and Casey...the dogs

Brutus, Baxter and Poopy...the cats

So I've got Lily and Casey...the dogs

I have a Lili & Casey too - (dogs)

Lili - 16yr Long hair Chi

Casey - 8yr Golden Ret / Yellow Lab Mix

Sal - 15yr Teacup Poodle

Babe - 1yr Red Heeler

Skippy - 12yr Choc Lab

Red (my avitar) - 2yr Red Lab

Dogs ARE a lot of work. Hubby and I have spent the last 18hrs in Animal ER w/our Red Lab. He was neutered on Monday and well they didn't take the full scrotum out (sorry guys reading this) and he developed blood clots. Scrotum Ablation, what a mess....and so was I (he is my lucky charm).

I don't often give my hubby credit - but last night while we were waiting on the vet to diagnose the bleeding, there was a family that had brought in their cat (not sure the problem). They could not afford the $480 fee to save the cat (parents & 3 boys crying). I looked at my husband, and He just handed the staff his CC to pay their fee.

I had been crying enough - but that made me smile.

When we arrived this afternoon to pick up our big guy, they had come back w/a lucky bamboo plant for us - very appreciative for helping their family pet. ....

I asked hubby if we can get a cat and call it bamboo or lucky and he told me "NO".... will still work it:)

luluc,

tried to give you more rep but had given it to you already, sorry, wouldn't let me give you anymore but for that story let's just say you deserve lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!brandyII

Your story is so heart warming! I'm sorry about Red. Glad he's better. He must be your lucky charm...you ended up with a lucky bamboo because of his visit! Your husband is a kind man, you are a lucky woman.

You'll probably be able to work him. I'm just guessin'.

~C

I think Whoopie Goldberg could do well with the lapband. She's talked about how...well, she publicly goes on diets...but they have always failed her.

She loves chips, as did I.

But she shouldn't be too thin, though. Part of her persona is her presence.

Oprah even looked horrible a few years ago when she dieted...she was too thin and it didn't look good on her.

I like to see, especially on tv...real women. Not everyone was meant to be a size ZERO. And to see a range of sizes on tv is good for kids.

Wow, you all! And I thought I had a lot of pets. Teehee! I love cats and dogs, but with my busy lifestyle I have to opt for the easy maintenance of cats.

Ladybugs - 13 year old tabby

Ziggy - 9 year old orange/white cream rescue - he is obsessed with me... weirdo.

Man O'War - 1 year old rescue, long silky black and white tuxedo. He is such a loverboy. He is huge too.

Buttons - 1 year old rescue(sister to Manny), short silky black and white tux. She is the wild one, and squeeks instead of meows.

I love them!

OMG! My white one (Baxter) squeaks too! He is so funny! Everytime you touch him, even if you only touch his whisker, he squeaks! He is really playful and mostly quiet unless you touch him! LOL

Poopy (cat) is really fat. He has a little bitty head and a huge butt. He is a pear. He eats dog food! Talked to the vet about this and they said they've never heard of that! He loves the stuff. One kibble takes him a little while, but he won't touch the kitty food!

Aren't pets funny?

Poopy cat?? Ok, I gotta ask, how did you come up with that name?