Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going to be honest ....

Gosh I love this board!!!! You are all so informative and motivational!! Thanks

Said by the teacher who's already lost 46 pounds? Oh my.....we had surgery on the exact same day and I'm BARELY down 30 pounds. You are MY hero!!! :lol:

Yes... but keep in mind with all your working out, I'm willing to bet you have much more muscle mass than I!!!!! You are doing great as well!! I have been doing the gym 3-4 days per week but cardio only. I think I am ready to kick it up a knotch and start hitting some target areas!!

God does work in mysterious ways. I, too, was banded Dec 19 2007 and have lost around 25 pounds. I was committed and motivated to lose the weight. I was unprepared for an old eating disorder addiction in my past that I thought I had put to rest years ago. I have 7.5 ccs in my band and this week I looked to my higher power to help me use this tool the way it is to be used and quit the binging that has brought me to this weight that I want to lose. It is embarrassing and yet I feel a relief to actually be posting on a web with others who are truthful about their struggles and others wanting to help those of us who are the struggling. Thanks to lapbandtalk for sending me a reminder that even though I may not be as successful as I may want to be, but there is still a place where I can be honest and receive support.:blush:

I, too, had surgery in December and am only down 27 lbs. My dr. said not to be disappointed because it usually takes 2 years to loose the weight with the band. If I loose a lb a week, I'll reach my goal within a year. I keep trying not to get discouraged. A friend told me that I could have lost this much weight following weight watchers, but I reminded her that I tried that and regained the weight. If I had the discipline to be a successful dieter I would not have needed the band!

Its the darn snacking while watching t.v. thats the monkey on my back. I think I am a popcorn addict. I am rarely hungry, yet I feel deprived if I can't have popcorn at night. Something has to be wrong with this thinking. Avoiding drinking with meals is hard for me too. I am a food service director and I have to work hard to avoid tasting food while I am cooking.

All the changes I have to make are overwelming at times, but even with the small weight loss that I have had, I feel so much better.

I am glad to read that its not all that easy for others..We will all be successful at the end. I just know it. Thanks for listening.

Beth

I, too, had surgery in December and am only down 27 lbs. My dr. said not to be disappointed because it usually takes 2 years to loose the weight with the band. If I loose a lb a week, I'll reach my goal within a year. I keep trying not to get discouraged. A friend told me that I could have lost this much weight following weight watchers, but I reminded her that I tried that and regained the weight. If I had the discipline to be a successful dieter I would not have needed the band!

Its the darn snacking while watching t.v. thats the monkey on my back. I think I am a popcorn addict. I am rarely hungry, yet I feel deprived if I can't have popcorn at night. Something has to be wrong with this thinking. Avoiding drinking with meals is hard for me too. I am a food service director and I have to work hard to avoid tasting food while I am cooking.

All the changes I have to make are overwelming at times, but even with the small weight loss that I have had, I feel so much better.

I am glad to read that its not all that easy for others..We will all be successful at the end. I just know it. Thanks for listening.

Beth

Beth,

I've found it's helpful to avoid the licks, tastes, and bites while cooking if I'm chewing gum or talking on the phone....

Also, have you tried the one servings of the 94% fat free microwave popcorn? Popcorn isn't bad for you nutritionally because it has a lot of Fiber, but you have to be careful with what you put on it. Do I remember my doctor warning me that popcorn might be an issue? It hasn't been yet.

Were any of you warned to use a pill splitter when taking aspirin and medications? Have you needed to use it? I was given one in the hospital but have never needed it.....maybe it's time for a fill! :thumbup:

I dont have any problems with pills. I am at good restriction right now too.

If I get popcorn I buy the small bags the single serving ones. I seem to eat the whole bag...nomater what size the bag is. So smaller bag is better for me.

I am still amazed at myself when I dont finish something.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

Ok, Jack..while I appreciate the quote and remember it well from my Weight Watchers leader....your audience is a bunch of people who've never been thin! I'm going to have to trust you on this one, but it remains to be seen for us! :thumbup:

How long has your journey taken, and what did you find to be the biggest challenges? Were you always a great patient, or did you deviate from your doctor's advice?

I don't know what is "taste" like to be thin....but it has to be better tasting than being fat!!!! :)

What do you consider to be your weakness, if you don't mind me asking in relationship to "the belly" situation, brandyII

I just stopped by to say hello. Apparently we're all having a busy spring but it must be successful if no one has started new threads......How are you all doing? I think I'm finally comfortable with my band and will forgo a fill at my next appointment. I get hungry, but when it's reasonable to be hungry--like after not having eaten for 5-6 hours. I don't have any issues with sliming or PB'ing, so I think I must be ok. Soon I expect to be in the 250's....and am officially into a size 16, without having to lie down to put it on. I haven't seen the 250's since 1992. I can't wait! Stop by and say hello! :)

Cerrin,

You can't tell a portion of a story and leave it like that....come on!!

Hey guys! I am still here too. Things have been CRAZY at work. I am also looking for a new job!

I am doing ok with the band. I didn't have a great weekend eating wise but other than that I have been doing good. Everyone can tell I have lost a little weight.

Overall, things are better with me. :lol:

Hey... still here too! Do much more reading these days than posting!

I am doing great, during the week! I find weekends I lose complete control. (Which worries me since I am off for the whole summer!!)

I am down in the 170's which I haven't seen since before my first child 10 years ago. I also am down from a size 20 to a 12!!!! Yah!!

I just think of how great I could be doing if I didn't screw up every stinkin weekend!!!!:lol:

Cerrin,

You can't tell a portion of a story and leave it like that....come on!!

OH sorry I went to the Water park with one of my friends and got stuck for over an hour on 1/4th a corn dog. slimed and PB for over an hour. Then I thought it was done sat down on a recliner to rest and PB all over myself. ewwww

Right down the swim suit. I had to sneak off to a family bathroom to clean up.

Thankfully no one saw me. I was discusted.:thumbup: