Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh no, here we go again...

The monster inside of me has been awakened again!!!

Let the gurgling, growling, rumbling, burping and slimeballs begin...

oh, and let's not forget the panic attacks!

Two months ago I went through total hell with my third fill...

Water before leaving, to assure that I was not too tight (last time, I drank a few sips and left).

Well, the water went down fine... not little sips mind you, but regular size drinks. So, I walked out of there thinking, "okay, this is going to be easy... maybe he didn't tighten me much", I even wondered if I would not have enough restriction until my next appointment, because I was still HUNGRY.

I forgot to mention that I had a "slight" scratchy throat and minor sniffles before getting filled... well, this stupid head cold escalated after the fill... to the point where I cannot breathe or swallow.

I think this has angered the "monster" who lives inside me...

Today, I could not even keep down the liquid Tylenol Multi-Cold Symptom medication :thumbup:

I am going to TRY to rest today, and eat nothing but sorbet (which actually soothed the monster a little the last time).

Hopefully, this is just due to the nasty cold I have and not being too tight again.

I REALLY need to make "friends" with this creature who now lives inside me.

Edited by QuasiTova

I had the opposite. After my fourth fill, I could only get down Water very slow and it took 20 mins. to drink a Soup at hand. The next day, I feel I hardly have any restriction.

I had the opposite. After my fourth fill, I could only get down Water very slow and it took 20 mins. to drink a Soup at hand. The next day, I feel I hardly have any restriction.

I am hoping I will feel better after this nasty cold goes away.

I just hope the panic attacks don't make it worse...

I would rather not FEEL the restriction,and just have it silently work.

It is now 9pm, and I have not been able to keep anything down.

I was able to swallow the sorbet okay, but about 30 minutes later, it came back up... along with a TON of slime.

Anyone know of a way to cut down the mucus production while you have a cold?

Cold meds are coming back up too :rolleyes:

If you can drink it, lemon grass ("shave grass") helps cut the mucous. And avoid dairy products for the interim.

If you are having trouble breathing, you should be notifying ER or your surgeon.

Where can I get lemon grass? Is it a liquid? I have never heard of it.

I am sorry, I should have been more clear... I cannot breathe because my nose is all stopped up. I really do not think it is at an emergency level, just a nasty cold.

I called my doctor this morning, and they are going to do a slight unfill.

I guess I am just one of those people who feels the restriction 24 hours later, and not at the moment.

Next time, when he tells me I am at a perfect level, I will ask him to back it out .25cc to "hopefully" prevent this from happening again.

I am sure I will feel better when I return...

TTFN ;)

Quasi..I've gone through a few fills and slight unfills myself. I think my doctor thought I was nuts. I'd be ok the day of the fill and then that night or next day it would start. Tried to stick to liquids as instructed for 2 days so tried Protein drinks...too thick...switched to carnation instant Breakfast....no go...water no go and I ended up taking a 40 min trip back to the doc with a bowl in hand spitting up my own saliva. It's scarey really. So I also ended up with acid reflux issues....we ended up taking more than 1/2 of the Fluid in my band out and let my system settle down. A year later I weight the same as I did the year before so time for another fill. Went in, got it, drank Water no problem...next day ;) back again for slight unfill. He said if you lose 10 pounds this will go away but, ya know I don't want to lose it because I'm unable to drink at least water! so a slight slight unfill and it worked. Now....6 months later....I'm hungry in between meals and feel I'm eating too much. I so want a fill to help with the hunger and getting back on track but, scared to death about reflux coming back. It's a toss up for me right now....I go in on Wed so we'll see how things go.

Good luck with your slight unfill...I wish you the best!