Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size goal vs Pound goal

I want to wear NORMAL sizes! lol, I don't care what my weight is, but I really want to wear a size 12. With that being said, I have NO idea what I would have to weigh to wear that - I have never even been close. I would like my BMI to be NORMAL, not overweight.

I read a lot of OLD posts on here - and the people that are close to goal, seem to have changed their goals to be harder to reach as they get close. So, maybe right now my goal will be to wear size 12 and then when that happens, I may have to make a new goal. Wouldn't that be wild! Too far in the future for me to comprehend. So for now, I want to shop in Regular stores!

Hi:

I've set a goal of 160 pounds and size 12. If I get to size 12 before 160 I might be satisfied, can't wait to find out.

I was a size 12 before I had my baby (21 years ago!). I think that if I go below that I'll get too wrinkly as now I'm middle-aged, but if the saying is true that for every ten pounds you lose you lose a year of age, then I'm down to 36 now, not 48.

Let us all have success!

Sue

Sizes are too variable...even now I can wear a size 1x, 18, 16 - all different manufacturers and styles. I don't have a target weight - the surgeon suggested one but I have no idea how I will feel if I attain it. I don't know what I want!! I need a new way to evaluate ...let's see. Walking without parts flopping?

I am a work in progress in so many ways!

Ahh, but it's all so relative. If you had told me six months ago that I would be wearing size 8 pants I would have fainted with joy. Now I'm in 8's I feel like I still need to lose at least 15 more pounds. So dare I say size 6????

I really do think there has been an incredible size inflation over the past 20 years. When I was in my 20's I dieted down to 132 lb and wore a size 12. ONCE i fit into a size 9 dress back then. Now I can wear size 8's almost all the time, and I weigh 160. I think the clothing manufacturers have made everything way larger over the years.

I weigh 307 now and wear a size 26. I weighed 220 and wore an 18.

Id love to be a 14-16 or wear under 200. Im not askin to weigh 125-135....but at least under 200! lol

I havent been banded yet. Im still doin the supervised diet and have 4mths to go.

I agree size is relative depending on the designer, store and brand. Lee's I am a 6. Target Mossimo I am an 8. Macy's a small in one designer, medium in another. None of it makes any sense.

The BEST goal, is to be happy. Once you get there you will know! I did go 10 under my goal, because my goal was conservative at the time I made it. I am happy that way! BUT as I said the only one who needs to be happy with your size is YOU! As long as you are healthy, size is relative!

Good luck!

Hmm, I don't think I have a size goal because I don't know what I look like besides being overweight/plus size. I have been wearing plus sizes since I was a teenager so I have no idea... therefore I set a weight goal - I have NO idea what size I will be at that goal (155lbs) or if that is even a good goal for me, it was just a number I picked that seemed like a good place to start and as I get closer to goal then I will have to reevaluate I think.

I used to think that I had a size goal, but with the band, my weight loss is so different from any other time I've done this in life. It's strange, the last time I was at my current weight, I was 2 sizes bigger. It's really odd how my body's been losing the weight, rearranging itself. :confused2: So, I decided to just go with the flow. My Dr. came up with a # for weight, but I don't actually see myself there, so I figure I'll just ride the weight loss train to it's final destination. :redface:

Annette

I have a size goal, not a weight goal. I posted a rant about that the other day (except, I railed against a BMI goal, instead of total weight, per se). If I can get down to a 34 or 36 waist size, I won't care one whit about what the scale says.

I want to lose another 15 pounds or so or get down to a comfortable boutique store Australian size 10 (US 6) which ever is smaller. I still have too much flab for my liking. I want to be thin.

I wanna wear a size 10 but the number for me is not as big of a deal as the number on the scale. My goal is 160lbs. That means I will have lost 200lbs by then, so that is my ultimate goal. I am now 221 and a size 16 so with another 60 pounds gone, I think I am going to be very close to that size 10!!

I used to have a size goal of about 180. I figured that might put me at or near a size 14, but I have two different goals now. One is where I hope to be and the other is what will probably happen.

My goal is to be a size 12. I can't imagine it, being a size 18 right now. But, I know that I will probably end up being whatever size I am when I have to start REALLY working on it. Right now, I'm eating what I want (but only about three to five bites of it) and losing about two pounds per week. When that stops is probably what I will end up being. I might get smaller for awhile, but, knowing my past history with diets, I also know it probably won't last. And that's okay with me! I'm a size 18. 18!!! That's amazing to me by itself.

I started at 328 lbs. and size 26. At 225 lbs. I can wear size 18 and misses XL and feel good about myself and my size. Once I get there again, I will decide if I want to go lower. If I do, it probably won't be much.

I think 12/14 is about perfect for me. I have a large build/frame and so I don't see myself going down much under that. I know that the way I carry weight (people tend to guess I way much less than I do) that at a size 12, I'll look positively THIN.

I can't wait....