Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size goal vs Pound goal

Was wondering if anyone has given themselves a clothing size goal to attain rather then a goal in pounds. Because im thinking if i can just get down to a size 12 then i will be happy no matter what number the scale reflects! Does anyone else have this mind frame?

I have a size goal!... I want to be a size 12 but now that I can fit into a 14 (tight but damn they close) I'm thinking maybe a size 10 but what I really want is to be able to wear a L instead of a XL in tops. I went to Lane Bryant yesterday and was soooo happy I saw a really cute blouse (a must have) but they didn't have my size .. Guess what they had only.. sizes way too big.. lol.. I can't believe it.. I was really excited. For the first time in a very long time I can actually say Lane Bryant sizes were to big for me.. ok ok so I was only asking for a 14/16 but still the 18/20 was to big.. and I loved it!!

I have a size range in mind as well as a weight range goal. The problem is that sizes vary from brand to brand, and they've changed over the years.

Generally speaking I'd like to be a size M -- an 8/10.

Interesting thought! For me, I have no idea what I will look or feel like at any size now because I have always been really fat. I am just moving from 18s into 16s and that is about the most exciting think that has happened to me ever! I have a lot more to lose so have no idea what size I will be then! Good luck!

I would love to be a size 10.. at first i said a size 12 but a 12 is too close to a 14 which is too close to being over weight for me again....

I was just reading another post where someone went from a size 28 to a size 14 and lost 70lbs in 6 months to get to that range. i lost 60lb and gone from 22/20 to size 14/12. didnt think 10lbs would make so much difference, but i know sometimes dont seem to lose much on scale yet measurements do!

I set my goal for 150 lbs. I have no idea what size I will be when I reach that goal. I would love to be a size 8, so who knows. I'm not even sure I will be happy at 150 lbs, only time will tell. I plan to keep going until I am healthy and happy.

Well, they're kind of hard to separate, but really, I care about size more than actual weight, I just want to fit really easily into a 12 (which is about a US 8 to 10), any 12. At the moment, its most 12's fit, but they're just a little tighter than I'd like. So for me now, I dont really care whether I'm 70kg or 65, as long as 12's fit, but I'm not particularly ambitious to go past there.

Jachut i feel exactly the same way you do. I want to wear a size 12 comfortably, and no matter what number is on the scale i will be happy!

14. That's the smallest size I can ever remember wearing. I have no idea what weight that is, or if a size 14 today is like a 14 of 30 years ago...but when I can fit into a size 14 jeans, it will be the ultimate victory. I've never worn a 12, so that seems like an impossible goal to strive for...but who knows???

I am in a 14 now and I am pretty happy with that, but I guess my goal would be a 12. I don't want to get too skinny , because I don't want saggy skin. Donna

I want to be a size 10 or 12. The last time I lost a lot of weight, I got down to an easy 12. Then I had my gallbladder out and, for a brief moment in time, I was a tight 10. The reason I want to be these sizes is that they seem to be easy to find in stores and have a lot of selection. I found when I was a size 14, that I still had to go to the fat lady stores/departments or the store I was at carried that size, but they were always out of it.

But for me, the big issue is maintenance. I want to be a size and weight that I feel I can maintain. If that turns out to be even lower, I'll take it. As long as I don't get so thin that I worry about dying if I get the flu (like my anorexic grandmother had to).

I would love to just be able to fit into a size 14 ...currently i believe I wear a size 26 which totally sux....but all my pants that I own are stretch pants so the last time I bought a pair of elastic jeans it was 22/24

Ultimately I would love to be an 8 or a 10/medium, but if I got to a 12/large, I would be sooo happy. Just to be able to shop in any regular store would be fantastic instead of trying to find plus size clothes in some tiny section way in the back of a store...if they even have a plus section!