Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, fellow thirty-somethings =)

Can you guys believe I have stuck to my diet...because I can't!! LOL! In the past couple of days I have come really close to trying to eat something other than broth, Tomato Soup, popsicles, or Jello. I took a miniscule bite of a lemon pie my mother in law made...it was really only enough to get on the tip of my tongue. What has been really, really hard for me is seeing all of this great food on TV and knowing that I can't eat it right now. I am looking forward to pizza when I know I can have it. I know I can only have like two bites off the end, but that's okay. I can live with that!!!!

80's Chick - I was banded 2 days after you (4/18) and am still doing the liquid diet, although I could have started to eat Soup on Friday. I'm not starving yet, so I thought I'd get a few more days of liquids in.

I was hanging out with friends tonight, though, and they ordered pizza for the kids. I thought I was going to cry, it smelled and looked so good! Fortunately, knowing how much damage it could do to my healing stomach, I didn't lock myself in the closet and eat an entire pizza, but I wanted to! And I'm not even a huge pizza fan.........

Are you still really bruised? I am around where the put the port in. It looks like someone has been using me as a punching bag.

80's Chick - I was banded 2 days after you (4/18) and am still doing the liquid diet, although I could have started to eat Soup on Friday. I'm not starving yet, so I thought I'd get a few more days of liquids in.

I was hanging out with friends tonight, though, and they ordered pizza for the kids. I thought I was going to cry, it smelled and looked so good! Fortunately, knowing how much damage it could do to my healing stomach, I didn't lock myself in the closet and eat an entire pizza, but I wanted to! And I'm not even a huge pizza fan.........

Are you still really bruised? I am around where the put the port in. It looks like someone has been using me as a punching bag.

I am still really bruised around the port area. I AM a big pizza fan, and I have almost broke down in tears watching pizza commercials. I was even dreaming that I was eating pizza!

Are you on liquids only for two weeks? I know all of the doctors do different things.

I am fours days I was Banded 4/24/08 man I had the tightness to and when I swallowed sometimes it felt like heartburn lol but it was me not drinking, but I am good now walking more feeling hungry also the Protein Shakes do help and I popsicles

I am still really bruised around the port area. I AM a big pizza fan, and I have almost broke down in tears watching pizza commercials. I was even dreaming that I was eating pizza!

Are you on liquids only for two weeks? I know all of the doctors do different things.

I was supposed to be on Clear Liquids for 1 week. Week 2 (this week) can add thin Soups and low carb Protein shakes. Week 3 can add "mushies" - mashed potatoes, thinned out tuna fish and other such fancy cuisine. Can start real food week 4.

I just started eating Soup yesterday. Tomato Soup never tasted as good....

Today is the first day I've really felt hungry. Was hoping that I'd make it a little longer.

Congrats to all the new banders!

I had Tomato Soup for the first time last week and it was wonderful. Now I am sick of it...LOL. I have been very good though. I have only had a bite of mashed potatoes, and I had a new potato today that was really small, and I chewed it until it was liquid. LOL. I see my dr Wed morning so I will be able to eat without feeling guilty then. I'll b two weeks post op on Wed and I haven't weighed yet.

PS...Congrats to the new thirties bandsters!!!:biggrin:

I had Tomato Soup for the first time last week and it was wonderful. Now I am sick of it...LOL.

If it's something you like - Egg Drop Soup. Great source of Protein, and I couldn't get enough of it during the "soup" stage....Still get a quart the day of my fills.

So are any of you 30's folks single? I live in NYC was just recently banded on 4/14. Doing OK just feel as though I have lost a part of my social life. I don't feel comfortable eating out (and not eating) so I've been sort of shut in. I work and that takes a lot out of me, getting to and from work (3 subways) and I am sleepy a lot these days. Simply "run out of gas". I'm looking for people to talk to about these things because I live alone and I think my mom's tired of hearing it.

hey taby - not single but was born/raised on Long Island - college NYU, now in TX 15yrs.

your social life will pick up once your healed & more mobile....MORE so when you start loosing!!!

come here often - lots of great advise & persons to guide you through the process!!!

Hey tabytha... I am not single either, but still have a very active social life! I work and live on a small university campus in the Texas Hill Country. Between my husband, my 7 year old daughter, our 2 dogs, 1 cat and the 100 or so students that I live around, there isn't much of a dull moment around here.

I have only told certain people about my band and I talk to them some. I am looking forward to be healed and over it so I just make it a way of life without having to think about it... you know?

Coming here is great support for me too. It's so helpful to talk to others going through or that have gone through this already. We are really the only ones that understand. I only know one person that's had it personally and she's a student here. I don't talk to her much. So this board and my True Results board are lifesavors!!

I bet you'll have a busy social life in no time. But I feel for you with that commute! Glad I just walk across the parking lot to get to work!

Hi ladies, I'd like to join!

I'm 31 years old and was banded 4/22. Recovery has been pretty easy and only my port incision still bugs me right now.

My doc has a fairly lenient post-op diet--liquids week one and mushies week two, so I'm enjoying some mushy food this week. I'm finding I hardly get any down before I'm full, so I'm still losing pretty quickly. I'm down 14 pounds since surgery and 48 pounds total. (I count each and every one!)

I work shift work and my coworkers bring in a lot of food--ugh. I told them all what's going on though and they've been pretty supportive.

Hi 30's, just found this thread tonight at work, I was banded 3/25 in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz, very happy with the changes so far, 1st fill was done today 5/1 and am down 25 since pre op and 59 total, what I'm having the hardest time with is the increased male attention, just taking a little bit more to adjust to then I thought it would!! So not complaining though.

BBK, I had already planned to be a pin up girl when i get to goal, there's a photog here in seattle (where I currently live) that is his specialty, pretty stoked about doing it.

BTW: I'm form Quebec, Canada and have lived here in the US for 9 years, pretty happy to see some 30's activity.

Today is my fiirst day on this site. In my 30's also and I was banded on October 25th. As of last Tuesday I had lost 84 pounds. My only wish was what I would have done this sooner... It is so exciting to see the newly banded and also to see the progress of the others. Congrats to all!