Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, fellow thirty-somethings =)

Hi Matjazty

I have the whey Protein from Wal Mart and I like it. I mix it with skim milk for even more protein. I'm pretty picky about drinks and I think it is good. Have you been banded yet? I was on Oct 14. I've now lost 18 lbs, but I haven't updated my ticker. Things are going good. I go for my first fill Thurs. Can't wait.

no I haven't been banded yet, they are thinking after Christmas. I have to have my EKG, Upper GI,chest x-ray and bloodwork- which I have to make the appointments for tomorrow! I'm glad to hear about the Protein from Walmart! Thanks so much-- keep in touch and good luck on this life time journey!!

Hello all! My name is Kelli. I'm in Indiana, I am 31. Mom to 2 girls. Two weeks post op and down 23 lbs. The band is a great thing! I'm so excited to be on here and be a new bandster! Good luck all! Kelli

Just thought I'd drop in to say hi to my fellow 30-somethings. Tonight is the first time I've checked out any of the thirities anything.

I'm also 30's... well 37 to be exact. I'm a single mom of 3 great kids, all boys. They add a lot of spice to my life. They are the reason I decided to look into wls. I didn't want to be away from them for 3 days, so I thought the band was right. And the more I read, the more sure I was that the band was right for me. I've lost 45 pounds since starting my journey in April. I want to loose another 70 pounds more ideally. I can do it. It's just a lot of work.

My band was placed 9-16-08, and I finally had my first fill November 4th. I get another tomorrow. I'm so ready for it. I'm so ready for more restriction, as I have very little right now. I'm working my butt of exercise wise. SO much so I'm sitting here in tears, from muscle aches. OOPS I guess I pushed to hard today.

Teri

Hi everyone, I am going thru the pre op steps now, can anyone tell me more on what I can exept? I decided the Lap band is really a better fit for me instead of the bypass. I have all my appointments set up for Nov and Dec, my date is not set yet , but I am looking forward to getting on the right track. I hear that the pre op 2 weeks liquid diet is tuff, but I'm ready to get healthy.....I turned 39 at the beginning of October so I am bearly thirty somthing, I hope I'll be accepted for at least another year :).

Christine/ 39yrs old/ Rhode Island

Hello thirty-somethings,

I am 33, banded in January of this year and at 10 months out I am only 4 pounds away from goal and a normal BMI. I love my band and wish the best of luck to all of those newly or soon-to-be banded 30 somethings.

Hi fellow thirty-somethings. I am 32 and 3 days post-op and so far loving my band. I have one son who will be 3 in January and the main reason I decided on the lap band was so I can become a healthier and more active mom for him, and so I can have a healthier pregnancy in a year or so once I've lost most of my excess weight. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hey All 30 somethings!

Well some of you I have already run across on the forums and others I look forward to chatting with. I am 36 and will be banded in two weeks (Dec. 5th). Getting banded was no easy solution until my son was boy a little over a year ago. I want to be around a long time for him and there is no better way to make sure that happens then to do the right thing in making my life healthier. Beyond that all the reasons are the same as mosts.

Ever wanna chat or just get a guys view on things drop me a note. I'm always up for chatting and meeting new people!

hey FL pete - good luck on your upcoming surgery.

i was banded a little over a yr ago along with my husband, it was a great past yr doing it together. i wish you well.

lu

Well congratulations to both of you txnurse and fl pete on getting banded recently. I have been extremely pleased with my experience thus far.

txnurse - what kind of nurse are you? I am also a nurse, I work in an ICU here in KC.

I am a 35 year old divorced father of a beautiful little girl.

I live and work in Clarksville, Indiana.

I was banded on Oct1 of 2008. Feel free to Contact me by private message if you like. It would be nice to make some new friends that know what I am going through.

I dont feel like I am doing so hot. I have recently had my first fill and have gained some weight. I know right. Its like what the heck????? I dont have any energy and Im starting to kind of get depressed. Any advise or information? Help I dont want to be the me I used to be I want to be the new me ;-)

Think of it this way... 18 pounds in 2 months... wow that's incredible. Did you take measurements pre op? Because I'm betting they're changing fast. How much do you have in your band now? I only have 2.2 cc's and have very little restriction, I thankfully go wednesday for another fill. Hopefully this gives me more.

We were banded approximately 2 weeks apart, and I've lost 16 pounds. It took me longer than usual to get my first fill, because of infection. Then I had some issues with my port. But I'm on the loosing side now.

teri

I am a 35 year old divorced father of a beautiful little girl.

I live and work in Clarksville, Indiana.

I was banded on Oct1 of 2008. Feel free to Contact me by private message if you like. It would be nice to make some new friends that know what I am going through.

I dont feel like I am doing so hot. I have recently had my first fill and have gained some weight. I know right. Its like what the heck????? I dont have any energy and Im starting to kind of get depressed. Any advise or information? Help I dont want to be the me I used to be I want to be the new me ;-)

Heya Firedad!

First off welcome to the thirty-somethings! Great to see another guy around here. Don't let the gaining weight get you down. You have already accomplished over half your goal and are doing great. Even with the band we're all going to experience steps forward and a couple back. We just have to push onward! It is hard work but you came to the right place to get some encouragement to get back on track! Keep working it and make the band work for you!

Hey everyone! I haven't been over here in a while, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi! I'm doing well, love my band!

Congrats Pete! You are going to be banded on my b-day, so it's gotta be a good day! LOL! Good luck! Only 4 more days!

Firedad - Hang in there. The first few months can be tough because you probably don't have adequate restriction yet; however, you have lost 60 pounds and that's awesome! I didn't get good restriction until my 3rd fill which was probably 4 months post-op. And it wasn't until then that I saw really good weight loss. I also recommend measuring yourself. I started measuring and taking pics from the very beginning. That way if I hit a plateau, I can see the difference in those numbers. As a matter of fact, I've lost more inches than weight. You are doing great, keep it up!

I'm starting nursing school in January and I'm so glad I had the surgery. I can't imagine being 50 pounds heavier than I am now and trying to juggle school and home.

Hope you all have a great day!!