Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, fellow thirty-somethings =)

hi all

dont worry you get used to it i am on day 5 tommorow of Optifast the only thing that tastes ok is the Optifast bar the shakes and dessert i cant stomach but i try to get that shake down in the morning.I look at it that every kilo we loose now is a kilo we will never see again and just think how much easier the surgery and recovery will be so it is worth all the hunger pains ,i just keep telling myself this.Only 14 more days of optifast not that im counting.Take care and good luck everyone in their journey

I figured I might as well say hi, for the few months I'll be allowed in this thread :rolleyes2:

(Yep, another Texan)

Hey all!

I am doing better now, the pneumonia is almost gone (fingers crossed).

How are you all doing? Anything new going on?

Anyone else heard the NKOTB thing?? Seriously touring again? I think some things should just stay gone! lol...I loved them, but they need to stay in my mind...

BBk, I saw the NKOTB preform on one of the morning shows, it was painful to watch, I was humiliated for them and had to turn it off, it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion, these 40 year old men singing about "the right stuff" and trying to dance, they're no Justin Timberlake is all I'm saying. When I was 12 I loved NKOTB as much as the next girl but some things should stay buried in our memories and not come back to life.

Tara

I agree, I LOVED NBOTB, when I was young. I went to 27 concerts and met them several times. That being said I do not want to see them now and ruin all the great memories I have when I was young. They were teen heart throbs for a reason. No one wants to see that resurected, makes me want to cry.

I think some like Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, ect can do it because they never really left. They have been involved in music the entire time, they are trying to bring back a dead career!

I will be banded by Dr. Marsden in Decatur TX on June 9th. I was never a NKOTB fan, but can imagine how painful they must be to watch now. It is nice to have an age-specific chat area.

bbk and rames767, I agree it is nice to have an age specific chat area, the stones, aerosmith, U2, Bon Jovi just have staying power, oh and talent too!! I hear them in the car and totally rock out, whereas a montage of NKOTB hits was too painful, a friend of mine is planning to go see them on their tour, she has no idea what she is in for!

Hope your all having a great holiday weekend!!

bbk and rames767, I agree it is nice to have an age specific chat area, the stones, aerosmith, U2, Bon Jovi just have staying power, oh and talent too!! I hear them in the car and totally rock out, whereas a montage of NKOTB hits was too painful, a friend of mine is planning to go see them on their tour, she has no idea what she is in for!

Hope your all having a great holiday weekend!!

lol....I agree NKOTB was an aquired taste when we were young and most of us kept it a secret. HOWEVER there was never any same in rocking out to Living on a Prayer or Janie's Got a Gun! I still listen to all of those!

I want to see Journey this summer, anyone else seen them recently?

saw a poison cover band last night (downtown dallas), and they were fantastic!! sorta humiliating that i knew every word - but everyone around me did too! i was a "hair band" / duran duran fan back then...never got into "new kids"..

Sadly, I was an NKOTB fan.... actually, even the word "fan(atic)" is too putting it lightly. *sigh* I saw their Today show (GMA?) appearance and felt sooooo bad for them. They just aren't the comeback kind, at least not trying to relive the 80s and 90s. Maybe the new stuff will be better? I live in Vegas, but I won't be betting on it anytime soon. :sad:

There are a lot of 80s bands touring this summer! I saw Bon Jovi in Phoenix about a month ago, and if my timing isn't off, I am hoping to catch Iron Maiden this summer, as well as a few others.

We are catching several bands here in Texas this summer. For Father's Day I got my hubby tickets to Boston, Styx and Smash Mouth and then later in the summer we are going to see Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick. That's really what I am looking forward to!

I never was much of a New Kids fan either. I just knew back then that somehow fate was going to bring John Taylor (from Duran Duran) and I together and he would be my soul mate! HA! Of course it never happened, but I really had it bad for him...:laugh:

Heart and cheap trick, tamboclan I am jealous!!! I bet those will be fabulous shows, my show for the summer so far is Dave Matthews here at the Gorge in WA, he's rad every year, I was hoping for Jack Johnson too but doubting I will get 2 weekends off in a row. Another great one will be Neil Diamond, too bad he'll be at my vacation spot for July just a few weeks early.

Hi 30's... i should have read this post a while ago... 35 here, as of May and I also love 80's big hair bands and the whole thing. NKOTB ehh...lol i think i knew the dance and that was about it.lol I am also going to the heart, journey, cheap trick concert. I live in St Louis, and was banded by Dr. Wagner on 4/15/08. I lost 10 lbs pre surgery and had lost 12 since, however the last two weeks before my fill were hard, I pretty much felt back to normal... like pre-surgery normal, and gained back about 4. I just had my first fill last tuesday. I am now feeling like I am eating much less and hope for better results. I wish all luck and look forward to following this thread more closely.

I've seen Neil Diamond and he was great. Different than the typical 80's bands since he spans such a long period of time. My mom loves him too. She couldn't tell you who Cheap Trick, Journey or Heart were... she is kindo of stuck in the 60's. I love 60's music too. I saw Herman's Hermits, Moody Blues, the Monkees Reunion tour...

Sting and Eric Clapton have been some of the best concerts I have been to.

We have a Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre just outside of San Antonio (which is about an hour away from us). It's a great venue.

Hi: I'm just starting out looking into the lapband. I am looking for any pros and cons I can get. Please!! Thanks - Joelle