Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can really "feel" my port!

Right after my surgery I really wasnt 100% sure where my port was (other than the pain in that general area) and now I can REALLY feel it! I haven't lost ALL that much but it is RIGHT at the surface. Can you feel yours? Has it come closer to the surface with your weightloss?

I was banded on 3/25 and I can really feel my port as well. It actually is still tender and red all around the site. At times, like after work, it is quite painful. I am not sure if this is all normal, but just letting you know I have the same problem.

I can feel mine more now too but it doesn't hurt. I just tell myself it's cause I've lost the fat padding there. Hope I'm right.

I can feel mine if I press hard enough but it isn't very close to the surface.

I still have a little roll of fat that needs to go before it will be easy to feel. Have never had pain at the site (at least not since day 5 post-op.):biggrin2:

Mine's right on the surface now and quite visible. If you're standing near me, you cant see it, but my DH says from the other side of a room, you can see a very obvious lump sticking out of me - not that I get around naked all the time, lol. I've noticed it in bigger dressing rooms when I've been trying on clothes too.

I'm not too worried about it, the only time someone would see it is if I was wearing a bikini and nobody's holding a gun to my head to wear one, if it bothered me I wouldnt! And I dont care to go and get a low profile port when my scars have healed and disappeared, then I've just got a new scar that I have to wait 2 years to disappear again.

Mine's right on the surface now and quite visible. If you're standing near me, you cant see it, but my DH says from the other side of a room, you can see a very obvious lump sticking out of me - not that I get around naked all the time, lol. I've noticed it in bigger dressing rooms when I've been trying on clothes too.

I'm not too worried about it, the only time someone would see it is if I was wearing a bikini and nobody's holding a gun to my head to wear one, if it bothered me I wouldnt! And I dont care to go and get a low profile port when my scars have healed and disappeared, then I've just got a new scar that I have to wait 2 years to disappear again.

Jachut, Just curious, but does it ever bother you, as in getting in your way? I don't have this problem too much, but I've noticed it does for me sometimes with my higher waisted pants... :rolleyes2:

I can feel mine when I look for it, but the skin in that area is numb-like, no real feeling there.

I can feel mine - kind of like a lump. Every now and then it gets a little sore or achy, especially if I've been energetic and did some situps or something.

Irene, no it never bothers me, everything I wear is lowish rise anyway, most things come up to about mid way to my navel. And I'm 5ft 10, so I never bump it leaning over the kitchen bench or anything.

Irene, no it never bothers me, everything I wear is lowish rise anyway, most things come up to about mid way to my navel. And I'm 5ft 10, so I never bump it leaning over the kitchen bench or anything.

Thanks for the reply.

I really am always bumping into it all the time.

*Pseudo kudos since I've given out too much already today!*

my port is under my left breast. right in the crease there. its not tender except when my MD presses on it during a fill. it is very easy to find and makes it easy to fill in the office. my MD puts all of his ports in that area now because on some of his very large pts. he was having trouble filling them.

I can really feel mine. I tell people I feel like a Thankgiving Turkey and When I get to goal weight the red thing pop out! so I know I am done :glare:

i can feel mine, it's like a lump amung the fat. lol the lady that gives me a fill asked me to do exercise so it will popl up easily when we need it to. She said to lie on my back and lift that leg and my head and do that 10 times a day everyday and it will be easy when it's fill time. i forget to do it. I've done it 2 times so it isn't working yet. lol

It is like it is just under my skin. It moves around as well, depending on whether I am sitting or standing. My fill was by xray so I thought that must be where the port was but it has moved around by 2-3 inches since then.

Is this normal?