Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post op and having doubts.

I agree with nene. This thread has been a huge support and great source of relief. Two days ago, I was considering going to the ER from the pain and wondering if I made the biggest of my life. Today, the pain is similar to the sensation you have after suffering from a bad charlie horse (the feelings that are there after the cramp is gone). This is much more tolerable. :lol:

........as far as the pain goes, don't be afraid to ask your doc for a different Rx for pain meds. I myself am allergic to tylenol so my doc prescribed Lortab which is a liquid vicodan. works great if you have pain, wires you if you don't. Hope that helps.....g2s

Hope everyone (nene, jana, etc.) are feeling better. I know I am 100% better today..my mood has definitely improved (much to the delight of my students). This thread seems like the one thing that helped me get through it all.

A big thanks!!

Lisa

Hope everyone (nene, jana, etc.) are feeling better. I know I am 100% better today..my mood has definitely improved (much to the delight of my students). This thread seems like the one thing that helped me get through it all.

A big thanks!!

Lisa

I second that...

I HATED my band when I got it. To tell you the truth it took a good 2 weeks to start to get used to it. I was like "What the hell did I do". I went through food withdrawal and was quite frustrated. The gas pain was horrible, I pulled the muscle around my port (as if the surgery pain was bad enough) and I had the runs because all I could do was drink.

Where am I going with this????

I am now down 42 pounds. I am so thankful to everyone that has helped me and I thank God everyday that I have this band. It is the best decision I have ever made to save my life and change my way of eating, and thinking. I got my surgery in November. I am down 6 sizes, off the sleep apnea machine, off the metformin (pre-diabetes meds), and I am off all inhalers.

Take it day-by-day. You will feel better every day you wake up, and every day you are getting healthier, and as a plus, thinner.

Thanks for this post. It is really inspiring.

I was the same way. After surgery I was miserable. My insicions were so painful and I was getting these shooting headaches that almost knocked me out. I called the doctor and they told me it might because the Fluid I was drinking was too cold. They said it was like a brain freeze. I started drinking room temperature fluid and was still getting the headaches. I realized that it was the pain medication that they gave me that was causing the headaches. I stopped taking it and the headaches went away, of course I still had the surgery pain but it was far more tolerable. Then three days after surgery I got tonsilitis. I couldn't drink anything because it hurt so bad. My temperature got up to 104 and they told me they were going to have to put me in the hospital on an IV to keep me hydrated. The doctor gave me a steroid shot and in a couple days I was better. My first appointment after surgery I lost 27 pounds. I was so excited, then I started on puree and on my next appointment I gained a pound. They tried to do a fill and I passed out twice and they couldn't find the tube so they poked me 21 times. I had to reschedule and my appointment in on Monday, I am scared to death. I just started exercising last week because I am no longer in pain. I feel so much better just after 26 pounds. I know deep down that I made the right decision for my life but it is hard for the first couple weeks especially when things keep going wrong. Just be careful, take it one day at a time and think of all the positives.

The Regret Thing.. Perfectly Normal. I Wasnt Aware Of This Site When I Had Mine Done, And Honestly I Cant Stand The Group Thing. I Am Not A Sit In A Room To Discuss My Gas With People I Dont Know Kinda Person. I Did The Same Thing After I Got Home, But 4 Days After Surgery I Stepped On The scale And It Was 11 Pounds Lighter, I Knew Right Then & There I Had Made The Right Decision. I Honestly Wish More People Would Read Threads Like This Before They Have The Surgery So They Know Its Ok To Feel Like This Afterwards. Once You Get Used Everything It Starts To Feel Normal.

Its Like Any Other Change In Ones Routine, Whether It Be Moving To A New Home, Starting A New Job Etc. Its A Life Change And It Takes Some Getting Used To.

Im Glad You Are Feeling Better With This And Like Everything Else In Life There Are Going To Be Good Days And Bad Days, You Just Gotta Roll With It And Remember When Its Bad There Is No Other Way To Go But Up, And It Will Get Better

I am 5 weeks post op, my sister bought me a book as a gift called "WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY FOR DUMMIES" this has helped me so much with all the feelings you go through before(the fear) and after surgery (the regret). I think it's OK to feel the way you do, but I assure you as you begin to lose weight you will feel so much better.

I am 5 weeks post op, my sister bought me a book as a gift called "WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY FOR DUMMIES" this has helped me so much with all the feelings you go through before(the fear) and after surgery (the regret). I think it's OK to feel the way you do, but I assure you as you begin to lose weight you will feel so much better.

A friend of mine bought that same book and it has a lot of good info in there..... Its by the same people that make the other books for dummies right...

Hi, On day two I was crying and wondering "what have I done to myself" I had post op problems... couldn't urinate. Needed a cath for two days. I hurt, was depressed. Then I started to heal, a week out I was pretty good, by two weeks I was fine. now at three weeks out I'm down 17 pds post op. Plus the 20 pds. pre op. I'm 37 pds down. Feel good. I decided to buy a canoe when I hit my goal. A canoe!! before this I would have sunk the sucker. So hang in there, it will get better.

I was banded 1/25/08. The first couple of weeks I wondered what I had done to myself. My port hurt like all get out and I couldn't find liquids that would make my stomach feel comfortable. It took a little time to heal, and once I was on soft foodsI felt much better. The first couple of weeks were the worst. But I really doubted the while thing there for a bit. Now - I love it. I can eat almost anything as long as I chew, chew chew. But I get full so much faster and am losing about 2 lbs a week. hold on -it will get better.

Hello Everyone:

I am 2 days post-op; I had my surgery on April 16th. So far I am doing ok in the pain department. However, I am feeling the same way, I am having a hard time figuring out how much to eat, feeling weird all the time and regretting the surgery. :) I keep asking myself over and over again what I have done. I am trying to stay positive but it is hard.

Please keep me in prayer. Thanks!

Feeling much better everybody....Thanks for everybodys responses...Its been overwhelming seeing how many others went through (and are going through) the same horrible feeling. Thank you so much to everyone who responded to this, and to all the people who are having a hard time: I wish you all speedy recoveries ...But, it just took some time like you all said. But, I NEVER feel hungry. Thats a good thing right??? I wonder if I will ever feel hungry again???:)

I had my band put in Oct 10ccband. First fill blind poke three tries 3cc in. Second two pokes dig dig 3cc in, third three pokes dig dig 1ccin RESTRICTION!!! Ya good weight loss happy. Fourth wanted to tweak a little only had restriction in the morning fill 1cc five pokes dig dig. Next day no restriction I think I have a leak. Drive another 200 miles for fluoro and she is able to get 5cc out I should have 8cc plus doc put in 2cc at time of surgery (that is 10 in a 10cc band) she adds 1cc more Fill # Five now I should have 11cc no restriction at all I have a leak. She said sometimes the tube collapses and you can’t get a true read. She said you don’t have a leak because I got something out. They don’t want to take any responsibility for f-ing it up. The obvious problem with having bands in Mexico is the after care. I knew this and yet chose to go for it. If I go back to my doc it is $2500 to replace port and tube. Then what who do I have do the fills? I should have had a sleeve that is what my doc is famous for and there would have been no fills, no leak and it was $2000 more than a band so in the long run cheaper after you factor in the cost of fills and heart ache!! ANYONE OUT THERE DO NOT HAVE NORTH WEST FILL CENTER IN ARLINGTON WASHINGTON DO YOUR FILLS. QUACKS!!!

So where do I go from here?? Right now after I beat myself up I am doing nothing can’t afford it so I am trying on denial to convince myself that I have restriction. Any suggestions???

without sounding rude, your whole situation sounds like a terrible ordeal to go through, however, this probably isnt the most appropriate thread for this. These people in here are looking for support and help with their decision, now that they feel they are having some regret, which like I said before is normal. But i dont think writing about this in here is going to help them any. Probably going to make them run to their docs to have it taken out.

I hope your situation resolves itself. I personally had my banding done here & the same doctor does my fills, so I probably am not of much help, however I would suggest checking out the fill threads, they may be of more help. Good Luck.

It is difficult after having it done. My one savior was my sister who is a nurse. While she had never really dealt with banding patients, sha had dealt with the bypass , so she was helpful. My family wasnt very involved with any of this, I think my mom came with me to one meeting, but like myself stopped listening after some lady whined for the 6th time that night about how is she going to go on vacation and what if she gets hungry LADY STAY HOME ( i dont know how but I did refrain from yelling that ), Anyhow now that I have gotten TOTALLY off track. You will all do great. Its a change and everyone needs to work through these things in their own way, but at least you know you arent the only ones who have felt this way, and hopefully that puts things in a better perspective.